MTA Bus Express Bus

Guest Charles

Which (MTA) Express Bus in Queens (the QM- buses) has the highest amount of ridership?

Also:

1. Buses like the QM3, QM22, and QM23 often run only once or twice a day. Is this because of low ridership? If so, would it be better for the (MTA) to eliminate these services: The QM3 in Queens runs on Northern Blvd, shared with the Q12, and in Manhattan follows the same routes as its fellow CP express routes. The QM22, an LGA route, runs on 21 Street in Queens, operated by the Q19A, and the QM23 serves Brooklyn Manor but only has one trip in peak direction, rush hours only.

2. For some routes, especially the LGA routes, buses like the QM10, QM11, and QM12 are packed in the morning but relatively less crowded in the afternoon. Is there a reason, or simply just more people prefer express buses in the morning?

3. Should there be more weekend service on these lines?

Which (MTA) Express Bus in Queens (the QM- buses) has the highest amount of ridership?

Also:

1. Buses like the QM3, QM22, and QM23 often run only once or twice a day. Is this because of low ridership? If so, would it be better for the (MTA) to eliminate these services: The QM3 in Queens runs on Northern Blvd, shared with the Q12, and in Manhattan follows the same routes as its fellow CP express routes. The QM22, an LGA route, runs on 21 Street in Queens, operated by the Q19A, and the QM23 serves Brooklyn Manor but only has one trip in peak direction, rush hours only.

2. For some routes, especially the LGA routes, buses like the QM10, QM11, and QM12 are packed in the morning but relatively less crowded in the afternoon. Is there a reason, or simply just more people prefer express buses in the morning?

QM1 Would be the Highest in Ridership out of the QM.

1. In Due time they will mostly Be phased out or Modified for better Service the QM23 does not really need to run if u ask me

2. U Don't have much time to spare in the morning compare to When u get off, people don't have to spend $5 Buck when they can Take the Locals or Train for $2

3. I don't think U will see to much increase in Weekend Service on Express Routrs Beside the QM1/QM1A

Don't Quote me i could be wrong on somethings.

• 7 months later...

Also:

The QM1/A has the highest ridership. However, ridership drops off significantly during the weekend. The X51 and QM3 should be combined.

• 1 year later...
BM4 in brooklyn should have weekend service cut. Hell the B31, which practically mirrors the BM4 doesn't get much ridership either.

I say the same thing for other BM Express routes, but then again, I don't really know the usage on weekends.

(Q)M2 3 and 6ave with rush hour head way of 3-5 minutes

This line is always packin' I'm serious QM2 buses have A Heavy Ridership

I think more then QM 1 but don't get me wrong QMWall st buses Rush Hour onlt SVC is crowded but I really think QM2 takes this one .In addition last bus is at 1210 or 12Midnight and still this bus gets peeps to Bay Terrace

I also wonder why does not BM buses does not run on Sunday?

Only express buses that runs on Sunday is BxM4A/B, BxM6, BxM7A, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, QM1/A, QM2, QM4, QM15, and (NYCT) X1, X10, X17C, X27, X28 and X80 if show event at Randall's.

The X17 runs during weekdays and Saturdays, but not Sundays.

BM4 in brooklyn should have weekend service cut. Hell the B31, which practically mirrors the BM4 doesn't get much ridership either.

That's why the B31 is getting reduced...even though there isn't that many riders, that's the only bus to serve the Gerrtitsen Bch area. Cut that route and there's gonna be hell.

That's why the B31 is getting reduced...even though there isn't that many riders, that's the only bus to serve the Gerrtitsen Bch area. Cut that route and there's gonna be hell.

I'm saying it's one or the other. But still the express bus is going to be all stops just like the local bus. At least the subway will get them to the city just as quickly as the express bus. I'd rather more demanding express bus routes like the X1 get more buses at the expense of lesser used ones like the BM4.

I meant X17A & X17C.

I took yesterday, June 16th's QM23 17:30 Brooklyn Manor trip.

B/O was friendly to everyone including me.

QM23 riders were still talking about service cut. There was also disable who cannot handles stairs at elevated BMT Jamaica Line.

There was about 12 regular riders on that trip.

Even so it's not (MTA), but it's partnership with it, so X23/X24 Atlantic Express buses are another one that does not run on Weekend.

I remember one time I was with B/O Friend on M4and traveling west on 34th St, and it was weekend and lady was asking for X24. LOL!

Of all the people who ride buses the ones who are the most vocal are the express riders. Just watch if there is talk of curtailing service on the QM1s. You wanna see a firestorm of complaints? As far as local buses or subways, express folk are not hearing it. Years ago there was a rumor that the expresses were going to terminate at the new subway station in Queensbridge Projects on 21st st,and everyday without fail I got tons of complaints from my customers. They aren't going to use alternates,especially when all the buses are going to be cruisers.

Those people are spoiled rotten. If they love their express bus services so much, they should pay the real value, not the underinflated fare it is now.

Hell, if they don't like it, then they should drive [if they have cars]. They should be grateful to even have service at all.

See I wouldn't say I'm spoiled I live in a 2 fare zone and on the lexington ave line to boot which is packed to the hilt I appreciate the express Bus

Those people are spoiled rotten. If they love their express bus services so much, they should pay the real value, not the underinflated fare it is now.

Hell, if they don't like it, then they should drive [if they have cars]. They should be grateful to even have service at all.

But you have to consider that with a fare increase comes a decrease in ridership.

Plus, some express riders could see their commute times drastically increase if they took the local bus/subway. For example, taking the Staten Island Railway to the Staten Island Ferry to the subway could easily add on a half hour to the travel time from the South/West Shores of Staten Island to midtown.

In some places, express service is almost as much of a necessity as local service.

See I wouldn't say I'm spoiled I live in a 2 fare zone and on the lexington ave line to boot which is packed to the hilt I appreciate the express Bus

Well ok, I may have gone a bit overboard there. But if buses are not even packed, I don't see why riders should not be paying more. If they can run buses so that every bus is at least 80% full, then they deserve their one seat ride.

If they cut service for local buses and subways, then it's only fair to have cuts for express buses to make them more efficient by carrying more people. Not to mention cutting down on the emissions.

But you have to consider that with a fare increase comes a decrease in ridership.

Plus, some express riders could see their commute times drastically increase if they took the local bus/subway. For example, taking the Staten Island Railway to the Staten Island Ferry to the subway could easily add on a half hour to the travel time from the South/West Shores of Staten Island to midtown.

In some places, express service is almost as much of a necessity as local service.

SI, i would concider as an exception as it's the express buses or the ferry. But I'm really talking about the other 4 boroughs where there's at least the option of the buses, subways or even the railroads.

Archived