MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

I also got a letter in the mail, and my random number, according to the letter, is 2,433.000. Therefore, if we take away the three zeros, my number is 2,433.

IMHO, with a random list number of 88 (if you take the zeros away, since a "point" and a "comma" are not the same), you are in a very good spot because you'll be called down to Livingston Street shortly to begin the process.

In addition, do you plan on taking on Exam 7612 this October? The reason why I'm asking is because NYC Transit is the best out of all 3 bus companies, and once you complete your probationary year with MTA Bus Company, you don't have to do it again when switching over...

Good luck & keep us posted!!

+Young+

Thanks for the encouraging words.

It appears, according to the letter that I got, that they are only going as high as 1,600 at this time. But don't worry, in 2018, they are going to schedule again. Again: according to the letter that I got. Hopefully, you are correct though in that my number is an 88. It is just strange with the 88.000  :unsure: .

I also put in for TA #7612, yes. So, if I was to get on at MTA Bus Company, but then switch over to TA later on, I would not have to go through the rookie probationary period once again? The only one that I did not put in for (because I was more concerned about the T/O #7604 at the time that was coming up which I was studying for) was the MaBSOTA #7105.

So, it's either going to be from T/O #7604 when that list is established God knows when  -_- , or depending upon how I make out on the BOSS exam on this one for MTA Bus Company #7300 OR the upcoming T/A #7612. One of those 3 SHOULD hopefully get my toe in the door and edge it open  :D . Personally, while a little bit off topic, while I got a 86.666666667.... on the T/O #7604, that is the ONE that I really would like to pursue despite some of the horror stories I have read in the school car thread  :( ..

As far as being a B/O, I am now here in MA. I already have my CDL-B so I wonder if the training would be that much more expedited because of that - pending on the physical of course which should be fine as well. 

Best of luck to everyone though! 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is just strange with the 88.000  :unsure: .

I also put in for TA #7612, yes. So, if I was to get on at MTA Bus Company, but then switch over to TA later on, I would not have to go through the rookie probationary period once again?

So, it's either going to be from T/O #7604 when that list is established God knows when  -_- , or depending upon how I make out on the BOSS exam on this one for MTA Bus Company #7300 OR the upcoming T/A #7612.

As far as being a B/O, I am now here in MA. I already have my CDL-B so I wonder if the training would be that much more expedited because of that - pending on the physical of course which should be fine as well. 

Best of luck to everyone though! 

I'll agree with you that it's strange how they put three decimal places after our random list number. I can see that happening for our scores, especially if DCAS or NYCT gives multiple versions of the same exam with different questions, and they have to throw out a specific question or two for whatever reason.

Here's a big hint: The BOSS exam for MTA Bus Company & NYC Transit is the exact same. So as long as you remember your answers and you put the exact thing down, you should be fine.

As long as you're briefly off-topic, and you (or someone else) don't keep elaborating & elaborating, you're fine. With the score of an 86.67, I would see where you are on the list and take it from there.

As far as you being a Bus Operator already, the training would not be much more expedited - the only thing which would be less stressful is not taking the road test at the end of the 10-day training session. In addition, do you plan on exchanging your Massachusetts CDL for a NY, NJ, CT or PA CDL? Cause with the MTA, whether you're in MTA Bus Company, MaBSTOA or NYC Transit, those are the only four states which they'll allow. In addition, if it's not NY, you have to bring an abstract less than 30 days old. This shouldn't be a big deal, providing you're able to obtain it online.

Good luck & keep us posted!!

@jc620, what test books did you read for the T/O exam if you don't mind? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I mean @jv620.

Follow this link for the thread and it is post #201 that will provide the information that I used to "study" for the T/O #7604 test. Like everyone else had stated before though, it was reading comprehension mostly. I did not use the green Passbook though. As someone else stated in the thread: "Not only that those books just have a series of questions with outdated terms, with the answers in the back of the book. But they don't explain to you why they're right or wrong. So that doesn't help you in the least bit. Because they don't explain any policies or procedures. Plus they questions they ask are far harder than any questions ions they'll ever ask on the exam itself". 

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49384-to-exam-7604-open-competitive/page-21

There's no way this crap is random. It strikes me as odd that people with certain last names have list numbers that precede 1600 and yet there are people like me who pay the fee and sigb up early but dont have squat to show for it. What a joke.

Can you elaborate on why you do not think that it is random? If you think about it, it must be some sort of a random-number-assignment the way they hand them out. 

Best of luck and hang in there  :)

Follow this link for the thread and it is post #201 that will provide the information that I used to "study" for the T/O #7604 test. Like everyone else had stated before though, it was reading comprehension mostly. I did not use the green Passbook though. As someone else stated in the thread: "Not only that those books just have a series of questions with outdated terms, with the answers in the back of the book. But they don't explain to you why they're right or wrong. So that doesn't help you in the least bit. Because they don't explain any policies or procedures. Plus they questions they ask are far harder than any questions ions they'll ever ask on the exam itself".

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49384-to-exam-7604-open-competitive/page-21

Can you elaborate on why you do not think that it is random? If you think about it, it must be some sort of a random-number-assignment the way they hand them out.

Best of luck and hang in there :)

Thanks I appreciate the information provided, good luck

Best of luck and hang in there  :)

Thanks JV620. I don't mean to cause a ruckus. Im just having a hard time accepting the results. Maybe things will work out. But thanks for recognizing my pain. Good luck to you and everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a member that can post. Great. For some dumb reason this is the only bus operator test I applied to. Not very smart, but I live in the Bronx not to far from Zerega ave so it could be worse. Unfortunately my list number is in the 2,5XX. Pretty far away but its fine. I also applied to train operator but that is the long road. Just got my CDL and will try to get some experience in the field. Good to know that people are being called for BOSS tho. Hopefully things move quickly and a lot of people in front of me are disqualified.  :P

Edited by kazz

Finally a member that can post. Great. For some dumb reason this is the only bus operator test I applied to. Not very smart, but I live in the Bronx not to far from Zerega ave so it could be worse. Unfortunately my list number is in the 2,5XX. Pretty far away but its fine. I also applied to train operator but that is the long road. Just got my CDL and will try to get some experience in the field. Good to know that people are being called for BOSS tho. Hopefully things move quickly and a lot of people in front of me are disqualified. :P

disqualified? For what? The boss exam is not yet, the first exam suppose to be October 23.

So, if anyone has any information on this question, please feel free to answer: 

If I am correct, the MTA Bus Company brand has 8 different depots which are: Yonkers, College Point, Eastchester, John F. Kennedy, Baisley Park, LaGuardia, Spring Creek, and Far Rockaway. 

Would it be possible to choose your depot provided IF one gets past the BOSS exam, physical examination and gets a conditional offer of employment and getting through the extensive training period respectively? I would think that, for me, the Yonkers depot would be my "first choice", so to speak, but I realize that beggars cannot be choosers either, yes. I believe that there are 6 or 7 routes out of that Yonkers depot. :)

On 9/24/2017 at 1:58 PM, JV620 said:

So, if anyone has any information on this question, please feel free to answer: 

If I am correct, the MTA Bus Company brand has 8 different depots which are: Yonkers, College Point, Eastchester, John F. Kennedy, Baisley Park, LaGuardia, Spring Creek, and Far Rockaway. 

Would it be possible to choose your depot provided IF one gets past the BOSS exam, physical examination and gets a conditional offer of employment and getting through the extensive training period respectively? I would think that, for me, the Yonkers depot would be my "first choice", so to speak, but I realize that beggars cannot be choosers either, yes. I believe that there are 6 or 7 routes out of that Yonkers depot. :)

You are correct as far as the 8 depots you mentioned. As far as picking your depot, once you pass through everything you said, including a drug test or two, once you successfully complete the training, they go by "random list number" when it comes time to pick, in addition to how many slots are open at a particular location. Therefore, if there are only one or two slots open at a particular location, and you have the highest "random list number" out of everyone, you may not get that particular location, respectively.

Edited by +Young+

Guys/ Girls,

I'm waiting on my date to complete the BOSS survey, could someone who did this in the past shed some lights what to expect ( All I read so far is like common sense questions) also if there is any book or material you recommend reading.

thank in advance.

Raj.

I received my letter in August , was told in the letter to expect a letter late October, early November to take the boss survey.

Dose anyone know what the survey is ? and any recommendation on what book / material to study?

thanks.

Raj.

Well, I just received my letter today for the BOSS exam scheduled for Monday October 23, 2017 at 11:00A on Livingston St. in Brooklyn. 

Hopefully some of you will also get your letters shortly as well. Best of luck to all of you. Maybe I will see some of you there. :)