MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

One thing about the boss survey it is just being consistent and remembering your previous responses to the questions. As you may have heard it's a personality/character exam. It analyzes your temperament and behavior. How you react and respond to the public and co-workers. @Raj...  

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

In an earlier post of mine I stated that I received a letter stating that since I took and passed the boss survey for #7304 I would not have to retake the exam for #7300. Question? Is this normal that they would automatically and my name to the list for #7300, or could this possibly be some kind of error? I know someone else received the same letter. Does anyone know of this ever happening? I know the survey for 7300 is coming up soon just wanna be certain that I don't miss out. Thanks....

This is normal, since it is the exact same examination. I also received this letter as well. In addition, as I take Exam #7612 for Bus Operator for NYC Transit this Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm exempt from the BOSS for that too, since the results are valid for one [1] calendar year...

4 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

This is normal, since it is the exact same examination. I also received this letter as well. In addition, as I take Exam #7612 for Bus Operator for NYC Transit this Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm exempt from the BOSS for that too, since the results are valid for one [1] calendar year...

Great Thanks for the info, it was just very weird to me at first... I'm also taking Exam #7612 @ FDR...

This probably belongs in the #7612 thread but good luck to all of you whom are going to be taking the exam this weekend. I am going to be declining the opportunity to take it, which might sound foolish but with my long drive down there and also being scheduled to take the BOSS exam on Monday the 23rd, I figure that #7300 will be my fastest way to go. Of course I might change my mind by Saturday night but between the cost of a hotel in New Jersey + the toll back into NYC + gas cost + trying to get nearby parking near FDR, I think that I will pass. I have my heart set on the T/O position from exam #7604 that I got an 87% on this past June anyways and so I will take my chances with the BOSS-only MTA #7300 as opposed to #7612 civil service. 

Best of luck to all of you. Maybe I will run into some of you on the 23rd in Brooklyn. 

Guys,

It seems like everyone is very excited about working for the mta, I know they have great benefits and pay/ pension.

My questions for everyone , does it really worth giving up all your weekends and holiday for god knows how many years/ your social life is basically done and if you have small kids like me I don't know if it really worth it, not being with your kids as the grow up matters for me , I know many might not be in the same boat as me.

All of this for a pension and what happens if you don't live for a long time?

Just me , worrying if I should really leave my current job ( 11 years in, good pay benefits/ no pension.

thanks.

Raj. 

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Guys,

It seems like everyone is very excited about working for the mta, I know they have great benefits and pay/ pension.

My questions for everyone , does it really worth giving up all your weekends and holiday for god knows how many years/ your social life is basically done and if you have small kids like me I don't know if it really worth it, not being with your kids as the grow up matters for me , I know many might not be in the same boat as me.

All of this for a pension and what happens if you don't live for a long time?

Just me , worrying if I should really leave my current job ( 11 years in, good pay benefits/ no pension.

thanks.

Raj. 

Personally I have no kids so idc much. You get night and weekend differential so I don't see it as a negative tbh. Working on holidays kick ass since its usually a slower day and I'm assuming you also get time and a half on holiday as well.

Thats just me tho. I'm on unemployment cause my union is on strike and am going through the employment process for "access a ride" more so to get experience and food on the table rather than making a career out of it. If i had a good job, then yea i would probably think like you and question if its worth it. A college drop out like myself is not to keen to complain about a good job opportunity like this. I'm real eager for this chance. Got my cdl class B and am in the process of getting experience just so i don't f*** up in training. I want to be done with crappy jobs and weak unions friend. I really see nothing to complain about.

Edited by kazz

On 10/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Yep. Taking the BOSS for MABSTOA. Haven't gotten my list # yet for MABSTOA. 

Sign up for Track Operator. I already have a Class B Commerical with Pass Endorsement and airbrakes. However, I want the driving jobs as a track op. 

Smart, I've been training for the test to get my class B Commercial before my permit expires. It seems like the pre trip inspection is hard as hell.

39 minutes ago, evofan2018 said:

Smart, I've been training for the test to get my class B Commercial before my permit expires. It seems like the pre trip inspection is hard as hell.

Pre-trip can be a bit difficult. However, if you know your stuff. You will pass. BE CONFIDENT, And PRAY. Once you get into the club. Don't commit any silly moving violations or get into an accident. Lastly, NO DRINKING and DRIVING. You will have a great career with a CDL. 

2 hours ago, evofan2018 said:

It seems like the pre trip inspection is hard as hell.

It isn't...all you have to do is to make a "study sheet" for yourself to memorize before the road test. If you do make one, I included pictures since I didn't have 24/7 access to a bus. Hopefully this site will help, which includes pictures, and this YouTube video helps as well.

And don't forget ALSAPS for both the DMV road test & MTA!!

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

2 hours ago, evofan2018 said:

the pre-trip inspection is nothing, easy, the driving is hard, just memorize it and that is all, I got mind 4 days ago.

42 minutes ago, Raj said:

Good luck to everyone who's taking the boss survey Monday 23rd, I will see y'all there. I hope we could all get to know each other :) 

I will be there Raj. Maybe I will run into you there as well. Lol although how will one of us know who to look for!? Lolol :lol::lol:

So I did the survey today and realize you couldn't have study for this , its a character / personal  survey.

I guess there is no same answer for everyone.

The guy say the results will be out in 2 months, I would want believe before since its computer score(ing).

Edited by Raj

On 10/23/2017 at 5:25 PM, Raj said:

So I did the survey today and realize you couldn't have study for this , its a character / personal  survey.

I guess there is no same answer for everyone.

The guy say the results will be out in 2 months, I would want believe before since its computer score(ing).

I was there myself Raj, in the first classroom (I think there were 2)...

How do you think that you did? :) I hope I "told them what they wanted to hear"..

15 hours ago, JV620 said:

I was there myself Raj, in the first classroom (I think there were 2)...

How do you think that you did? :) I hope I "told them what they wanted to hear"..

Have faith my brother. I’m sure your did good thing time around because you getting another chance at it while it’s still fresh. 

I answer the questions honestly , I know  they wont believe I wasn't late for the last year and I think another question where I should have said co-worker but instead I say supervisor that's because where I work that's how we does it.

Lets see what happen because I'm not sure I want this job, quality life is more important to me than money , I know this is not for all but that's just me.

However I will wait and make that decision when that time comes.

When does the results comes out ?

thanks.

Raj.

4 hours ago, Raj said:

I answer the questions honestly , I know  they wont believe I wasn't late for the last year and I think another question where I should have said co-worker but instead I say supervisor that's because where I work that's how we does it.

Lets see what happen because I'm not sure I want this job, quality life is more important to me than money , I know this is not for all but that's just me.

However I will wait and make that decision when that time comes.

When does the results comes out ?

thanks.

Raj.

Raj, 

I would not worry about what they may or may not be concerned about. I actually had "trouble" with the first 25 questions versus the rest of them. Those first 25 questions were just one sentence ones that asked us to answer on the scale. The rest of the questions were pretty much straight forward. I just skipped to the second section and started with that, then went back and did the first section of questions. I do recall that I never answered any of first 25 questions with either a 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree'. 

I believe that it will be a couple of months to get our results back. It is right now that I am just realizing that I should have put in for MsBSTOA as well but I let the time lapse. :o