B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

For anyone who had to go back down to 180 Livingston after the first drug test has expired. Did you have to fill out the employment application again or did they just refer to the previous one you brought the first time? I’m going down on Monday so I’m curious to know.

My friend went for second drug test and the lady give him back the second application.  Seems like they’re prepping you for the next class after this Sunday class.  

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

My friend went for second drug test and the lady give him back the second application.  Seems like they’re prepping you for the next class after this Sunday class.  

Thank you! I truly hope so. I got the email, phone call, text combo today.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Thank you! I truly hope so. I got the email, phone call, text combo today.

If u know your list number then you’ll know exactly if they’re skipping you and hire too many ahead of you.  If that’s the case you can give them a call and let them know,  then they’ll call you In faster.  Know few people including myself had that problem.  But it was all because of not being fully vaccinated, so once they have to wait for you to get vaccinated they move forward, and you have to hunt them down to get your name back on the list.

how did you get in contact with them i wasnt vacinated and i got my vacination done the same day they called me back . is there a number i can call them at ? becuase I've been calling them now since the 17th of december , i email all three emails i was given when i called the mta office , it just rings and rings . how do i find my list number can someone point me in the right direction .

9 hours ago, chadmaster813 said:

how did you get in contact with them i wasnt vacinated and i got my vacination done the same day they called me back . is there a number i can call them at ? becuase I've been calling them now since the 17th of december , i email all three emails i was given when i called the mta office , it just rings and rings . how do i find my list number can someone point me in the right direction .

Good morning.  When you get onto someone ask them what’s your list number and what number they’re up too.  My friend spoke to them 2 days ago and his list number for exam 2302 is 146, so they was all the way to 175 and they had to rush him in and he’s starting 1/30/2022.  I will give you 2 numbers,  each time he called he got to speak to someone,  when you call and don’t get someone call back right away.

9 hours ago, chadmaster813 said:

Here’s the numbers 347-643-8195.  347-643-8223.  Call them today so they can get you into the class for next 2 weeks.  Make sure you tell them you want to get into next class.  Let me know what happens.

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

You are the best. I can’t thank you enough. Congratulations to your friend as well.

Thank you.  Just don’t give up on calling.  Someone will answer.  I guess don’t call too early in the morning, more so after 10am or so.  I told my friend he’s VIP don’t know how each time he calls he’s able to get someone.

8 hours ago, chadmaster813 said:

i tryed to call from since 8:30 this morming no answer i left a message . idk if they answer on certain days i have not been able to speak with anyone , i call back over and over idk at this point .

Just do not give up.  I know it can be frustrating but keep trying.

4 hours ago, BOO3 said:

it’s not a BOSS test. 

How long after taking the exam for B/O does it typically take the MTA to contact you for the next step of the hiring process? I am just trying to get an understanding of the process. I heard that it’s been pretty quick lately due to the shortage. 

12 hours ago, Beck said:

How long after taking the exam for B/O does it typically take the MTA to contact you for the next step of the hiring process? I am just trying to get an understanding of the process. I heard that it’s been pretty quick lately due to the shortage. 

Some 1 to 2 weeks.  Especially for the MTA Bus.   So be prepared and make sure you’re fully vaccinated and if you have a car make sure no outstanding tickets of any kind.  It’s an issue now, they don’t even want you to have outstanding parking tickets which some make sense.  They can only see parking tickets if they put your plates info in.

3 hours ago, Beck said:

How far back back does the MTA look at your employment history. I can’t remember exact dates from 20 years ago lol. 

All the way back to H.S. I couldn’t remember the dates either. I got a printout from Social Security office. It was 92.00.

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

All the way back to H.S. I couldn’t remember the dates either. I got a printout from Social Security office. It was 92.00.

Wow, I guess I am going to have to go to social security and get a print out. I am surprised they go that far back.

50 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

City jobs only go 10 years back. 

It would be easy if it was only 10 years. I don’t even remember the names of my supervisors from 20 years ago,lol and I doubt they remember me. I don’t even know who they would be contacting. It is what it is.