B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

4 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

I’m pretty sure most of us, if not everyone passed, just a matter who got the highest score. 

So I got a high scorel Lol 😆 😅  @BOO3I'm kind of nervous but MTA is better than most job....I will definitely ask my score this coming  Tuesday 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey +Young+, I tried to dm you but it said I had “0” messages left. I never even sent a dm before on this forum but ok. I wanted to know if you had a thread for MTA bus P/T Bus operator exam 1301- I haven’t found anything , I thought maybe I was overlooking it. Thank you for all of the help you have given so far.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Hey +Young+, I tried to dm you but it said I had “0” messages left. I never even sent a dm before on this forum but ok. I wanted to know if you had a thread for MTA bus P/T Bus operator exam 1301- I haven’t found anything , I thought maybe I was overlooking it. Thank you for all of the help you have given so far.

The reason why you're not able to send a direct, or Private Message (PM) is because you joined the site within the past thirty (30) calendar days. By the end of this month you should have more features, including the ability to send Private Messages (PM).

As far as the thread you're looking for - click here. To make a long story short, since this position is not that popular to begin with, it makes sense to condense all of the Part-Time Bus Operator information from the various examinations into one thread, which only has five pages, compared to having multiple threads, respectively.

-Young

19 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The reason why you're not able to send a direct, or Private Message (PM) is because you joined the site within the past thirty (30) calendar days. By the end of this month you should have more features, including the ability to send Private Messages (PM).

As far as the thread you're looking for - click here. To make a long story short, since this position is not that popular to begin with, it makes sense to condense all of the Part-Time Bus Operator information from the various examinations into one thread, which only has five pages, compared to having multiple threads, respectively.

-Young

I appreciate the response thanks again @+Young+.

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome.

I’m on the list for that one too, I go for pre employment Monday, but I didn’t want to mix info on this page with that exam. I wonder though when they call me for the this list willi have to do all of the same pre employment steps again if I’m already hired.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I’m on the list for that one too, I go for pre employment Monday, but I didn’t want to mix info on this page with that exam. I wonder though when they call me for the this list willi have to do all of the same pre employment steps again if I’m already hired.

Normally, when you switch over from MTA Bus Company to MaBSTOA, or MaBSTOA to NYC Transit, the answer would be "yes" and you wouldn't have to redo the 10-Day Training Session out of Zerega. However, since both of these are for MTA Bus Company, my "educated" guess would be no, however I would save a copy of the pre-employment packet, either digital or physical, in the event they make you do it over again. If you save it digitally, you can just change the exam number, edit a few things, and you should be good to go.

Edited by +Young+

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Normally, when you switch over from MTA Bus Company to MaBSTOA, or MaBSTOA to NYC Transit, the answer would be "yes" and you wouldn't have to redo the 10-Day Training Session out of Zerega. However, since both of these are for MTA Bus Company, my "educated" guess would be no, however I would save a copy of the pre-employment packet, either digital or physical, in the event they make you do it over again.

Make sense. The job history is the most aggravating part. I was hoping it would be just ten years. I will definitely make copies. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Go check the link Young provided. I made a posting. Like ure self, I’m also waiting…

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Got 2 point on my License for driving on the bike lane on a moped. Kind of stupid really. Will they disqualify me for this...? 

No. The maximum amount is four [4] points. Just make sure that this is paid and you do whatever you can to keep your license/abstract clean as best as possible.

Just came from 180 Livingston, just found out  they allow up to 6 points for bus operators. I felt bad because someone got turned away for having more than that. As soon as you reach a window they take your IDs and run your license. I went today for another exam I just wanted to give you guys the information.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Just came from 180 Livingston, just found out  they allow up to 6 points for bus operators. I felt bad because someone got turned away for having more than that. As soon as you reach a window they take your IDs and run your license. I went today for another exam I just wanted to give you guys the information.

That’s  very telling of an individual that person has poor driving  habits and all of those points attribute to being pulled over by the police because speed, red light and bus lanes enforcement. cameras don’t incur points  i wish them well but i also think they should look for another position I wouldn’t trust them with a bus and the responsibility of transporting people 

28 minutes ago, Suydam Street said:

That’s  very telling of an individual that person has poor driving  habits and all of those points attribute to being pulled over by the police because speed, red light and bus lanes enforcement. cameras don’t incur points  i wish them well but i also think they should look for another position I wouldn’t trust them with a bus and the responsibility of transporting people 

I think they said he had to wait 3 years to reapply which was like wow because I think points drop off 18 months after conviction. I totally get what you are saying though. 

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Thanks for the info. Do you line up outside really early in the morning? @Phoenix