B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

On 1/28/2022 at 8:01 PM, Beck said:

How long after taking the exam for B/O does it typically take the MTA to contact you for the next step of the hiring process? I am just trying to get an understanding of the process. I heard that it’s been pretty quick lately due to the shortage. 

It’s been a five month wait for me so don’t hold ur breath. My best advice is take the test and then forget about it. Realistically who is truly dying to sit 8 hours a day driving all day, and everyday for the rest of ur life. Zen it…

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got called for pre-employment. And my appointment doesn’t make sense! Can someone shed some light to this? 

New York City Transit is considering you for a Bus Operator  MaBSTOA position and invites you to our facility at 180 Livingston Street 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1 1 2 0 1 on 1/0/1900  at  12:00 AM for your pre-employment process. Please check your email and follow all instructions in order to prevent a delay in your processing and bring your completed application with you.

4 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

I just got called for pre-employment. And my appointment doesn’t make sense! Can someone shed some light to this? 

New York City Transit is considering you for a Bus Operator  MaBSTOA position and invites you to our facility at 180 Livingston Street 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1 1 2 0 1 on 1/0/1900  at  12:00 AM for your pre-employment process. Please check your email and follow all instructions in order to prevent a delay in your processing and bring your completed application with you.

I figured they’re talking about tomorrow.  I would’ve go in tomorrow and see.

5 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

Call those 2 numbers now and see if you get someone.  They be there late 347-643-8223. 347-643-8195

9 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

Thanks Kennedy. Just got an email from the exam unit…one official one telling me congrats and to go to the next level . A few minutes later someone emails again and says it was in error! 🤦‍♂️ WTH! 

What?  You should’ve asked them what is your list number and what number they’re up too.   In class they told us they’re hiring 100 Bus Operators every 2 weeks until the end of the year.

12 hours ago, Kennedy said:

What?  You should’ve asked them what is your list number and what number they’re up too.   In class they told us they’re hiring 100 Bus Operators every 2 weeks until the end of the year.

Congrats Kennedy!! How is class going so far?

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Congrats Kennedy!! How is class going so far?

17 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Call those 2 numbers now and see if you get someone.  They be there late 347-643-8223. 347-643-8195

I left a message on both numbers and they got back to me. I was able to reschedule for this Wednesday. I told them that I resolved my issue-lost Social security card- and they also told me my list number 1##. So don't give up if you guys need to reschedule. 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, Andy1 said:

City jobs only go 10 years back. 

It would be easy if it was only 10 years. I don’t even remember the names of my supervisors from 20 years ago,lol and I doubt they remember me. I don’t even know who they would be contacting. It is what it is. 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, BOO3 said:

It’s been a five month wait for me so don’t hold ur breath. My best advice is take the test and then forget about it. Realistically who is truly dying to sit 8 hours a day driving all day, and everyday for the rest of ur life. Zen it…

Do you know how many questions will be on the exam and how long I should expect to be there?

On 1/29/2022 at 8:35 PM, Beck said:

It would be easy if it was only 10 years. I don’t even remember the names of my supervisors from 20 years ago,lol and I doubt they remember me. I don’t even know who they would be contacting. It is what it is. 

I still don’t know if I should put a job that I got fired from before I left HS.

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I left a message on both numbers and they got back to me. I was able to reschedule for this Wednesday. I told them that I resolved my issue-lost Social security card- and they also told me my list number 1##. So don't give up if you guys need to reschedule. 

I’m happy that you got onto them.  I’ve been sharing those numbers ever since my friend keep calling and getting on to them.

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I’m trying to stay as focused as I need to.  I did school bus but this is totally different driving.  I’ve learned a lot so far.  I have to pass this.

ive been calling now for days left messages and more emails i still havent got someone to answer or call me back cant understand it at all 😢, at this point im really cant understand how anyone gets thru , i call over and over , every day at multiple times of the day no luck , still dont know my list number or anything .

Ok so on 1/31 I went down to Livingston  Street to take the drug test again for the P/T BO exam 1301. I have to go back down to Livingston in 2 weeks to do the drug test for 2302 as well. I realize I may have to do the paperwork over, but can they use my drug test from another exam title and apply it to this one. If anyone has had a similar experience or any info I would appreciate it. If I can avoid a chaotic all day affair like the one I had on the 31st it would be awesome.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, chadmaster813 said:

ive been calling now for days left messages and more emails i still havent got someone to answer or call me back cant understand it at all 😢, at this point im really cant understand how anyone gets thru , i call over and over , every day at multiple times of the day no luck , still dont know my list number or anything .

Good night.  Check above I posted 2 numbers which most people got onto them with.  I send it to Andy 1.  Ask them for your list list number and what number they’re up too.  So you can have an idea when you will be called.

22 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Finally, I just got called in for pre-employment for 2302 (99929). 

It will be great if you know your list number. Hope you’re fully vaccinated so you will not be held back,  it’s difficult to get back to them sometimes.  They told us in orientation every 2 weeks they’re hiring 100 people for the rest of the year

On 1/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Andy1 said:

I was called to go to Livingston on December. However I was missing my Social -lost it-. I finally went to Social Security by appointment only yesterday. Now I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks by mail. My Question is. Will it be wise to call or e-mail to reschedule the pre-employment process 🤔 while waiting on Social card? 

Good night.  Did you get things finalized?  What’s the update, I’m here to help.  

11 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Good night.  Everything going smoothly for you?

Good night. All is well. I’m waiting on the medical for the part time list and scheduled for the drug test for the 2302 exam. When do you take your driving exam? I’m happy you finally got on with all the delays. Do you know any of the list numbers of people in your class? Just to give a clue where they are at in the hiring process.

27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Good night. All is well. I’m waiting on the medical for the part time list and scheduled for the drug test for the 2302 exam. When do you take your driving exam? I’m happy you finally got on with all the delays. Do you know any of the list numbers of people in your class? Just to give a clue where they are at in the hiring process.

For 2302 my friend that is training right now list # is 140 something.  What’s yours?