B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, NLS1986 said:

Hey, all. I applied and took the test on 10/24. Just got called today to go for pre employment 12/14. But the problem is that I have been having some neurological symptoms like migraines, panic attacks, etc. They started after I took my vaccine. I want to work for the MTA but don't know if I'm in the condition to drive at the moment. I'm a 35 year old otherwise healthy male. I've been going to a neurologist, and they are trying to figure out what's wrong with me. My question is as follows: is it possible to get another position at the MTA, even though I took only the 2302 bus operator exam? Like should I go in and explain my situation to see if perhaps I can be put on another type of job posting that doesn't require driving? I'm currently taking anti anxiety medication as needed to help with the symptoms. I know that's a big no no with operating a vehicle. Thanks for any help you can offer. God bless all.

What was your list number ?

I was called to go to Livingston on December. However I was missing my Social -lost it-. I finally went to Social Security by appointment only yesterday. Now I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks by mail. My Question is. Will it be wise to call or e-mail to reschedule the pre-employment process 🤔 while waiting on Social card? 

My friend sent me this, not sure what it means. What's a protest?

For exam #2302 there is no protest scheduled. We will send you a Notice of Results to the address we have in the system as soon as the list is established for the last group of test takers.

Thank you for your patience.

I went in for pre emploment drug test on the 11th of december and i got a call on december 17th but i wasnt vacinated so i got the 1 does same day 17th dec , and have been trying to get in contact with somebody now for days , i have called every number and emailed every nyct email i could find i just wanna know whats next considering i had everything except my vacine and now im vacinated what happens next no answer i have called everyday , no answer ? anyone know another means to get in contact with them ? i call and email between the times that they are supposed to be available , it just rings or sounds like its off the hook.

1 hour ago, chadmaster813 said:

I went in for pre emploment drug test on the 11th of december and i got a call on december 17th but i wasnt vacinated so i got the 1 does same day 17th dec , and have been trying to get in contact with somebody now for days , i have called every number and emailed every nyct email i could find i just wanna know whats next considering i had everything except my vacine and now im vacinated what happens next no answer i have called everyday , no answer ? anyone know another means to get in contact with them ? i call and email between the times that they are supposed to be available , it just rings or sounds like its off the hook.

I have given up following up with them. Just waiting here trying to forget about it. Probably in a couple of years I’ll get called in.

8 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

What happens if you go to Livingston. Explaining no one answers or picks up? 

They'll tell you to leave. They say no one can come to 180 Livingston without an appointment.

That's why I suggested all of us write a letter to Albany explaining our situations and how this is unfair to us.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, kinks007 said:

What was your list number ?

Thanks so much for responding. I don't know what my list number is, as the results have not come out yet. But I was called when they first started calling. I felt that I did very well when I took it. When they first reached out, I wasn't sure what to do so I told them I couldn't make it then and asked to be called at a later date. As it happens, they called me again today. I'm still not sure exactly what to do. I would love to work for the mta, but I don't think driving a bus is safe for me or others at the moment due to my health. Thanks again for responding.

Edited by NLS1986

3 minutes ago, NLS1986 said:

Thanks so much for responding. I don't know what my list number is, as the results have not come out yet. But I was called when they first started calling. I couldn't make it then and asked to be called at a later date. As it happens, they called me again today. I'm not sure exactly what to do. I would love to work for the mta, but I don't think driving a bus is safe for me at the moment due to my health. Thanks again for responding.

They called you today?

On 1/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Andy1 said:

I was called to go to Livingston on December. However I was missing my Social -lost it-. I finally went to Social Security by appointment only yesterday. Now I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks by mail. My Question is. Will it be wise to call or e-mail to reschedule the pre-employment process 🤔 while waiting on Social card? 

I know someone had issues with her social, she went and got it cleared now she calling and no one to pick up the phone.  It’s very frustrating for a lot of us trying to get them to respond.

3 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

They called you today?

They emailed me inviting me to 180 livingston again on the 20th. They had already invited me when they first started reaching out, but I emailed them saying that I couldn't make it but was still interested. I need to come up with a game plan because I don't want to lose the opportunity, and I don't think they will keep inviting me if I keep not being able to make it.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:41 PM, Phoenix said:

Good evening, I guess that’s what I have to do. I’m trying to be patient but like you said I have to be more persistent. I feel like I’m so close. Like they are short, and a bus drive was complaining today about that. So what is the hold up? Thank again Kennedy and Andy as well.

Hi no call back yet?

3 minutes ago, NLS1986 said:

They emailed me inviting me to 180 livingston again on the 20th. They had already invited me when they first started reaching out, but I emailed them saying that I couldn't make it but was still interested. I need to come up with a game plan because I don't want to lose the opportunity, and I don't think they will keep inviting me if I keep not being able to make it.

Na you need to be serious about it.  Lots of us waiting for call back and it’s so hard to have someone respond to emails and phone calls.  I went in there 01/7/2022 and wasted 5 hours only to be told they cannot let me do drug test because I had a parking ticket I got 01/3/2022.  I paid the ticket went back less than an hour and was still refused to move forward.  They’re so short on staff so it’s worst.

1 minute ago, Kennedy said:

Na you need to be serious about it.  Lots of us waiting for call back and it’s so hard to have someone respond to emails and phone calls.  I went in there 01/7/2022 and wasted 5 hours only to be told they cannot let me do drug test because I had a parking ticket I got 01/3/2022.  I paid the ticket went back less than an hour and was still refused to move forward.  They’re so short on staff so it’s worst.

Seems like they’re waiting for my medical to expire to call me back in.  The lady already told me by the next class my medical might pass 90 days and I have to do it again.  Isn’t that unfair?