R46 (C) Train, When will it happen?

ctrain

as more 160s arrive at jamaice, Pitkin/207 will receive more 46s.

i personally saw 4 r32 sets on the (A) this afternoon heading to work.

My question is, and i have yet to get an answer even from my friends within the (MTA) is, why did the (C) run 8-car sets in the first place? it cant be cause of passenger demand cause overnights(and on some weekends) the (A) replaces it and i dont see them reducing train lenths since the early 90s when they tried out running 4-car sets of 44s during winter weekends.

I don't even know how long the (C) has been using 8-car consists anyway. But it may have something to do with car shortage. There simply may not be enough cars to make a 10-car consist for the (C) probably because the (A) train hogs all of the fleet with its two terminals. But with the R46s coming the (C) will finally share the entire fleet with the (A)!

• 1 month later...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R46s on the (C)? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the (C) will be 100% R160s once the R32s are gone , not R46s. 75 footers are too much for the (C). Why do you think R32s are still needed on the C. 60 feet. come on people. basiclly the (C) and (E) will be 100% R160s and the (A) will be half R44s and half R160s. CASE CLOSED!!!

R46s on the (C)? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the (C) will be 100% R160s once the R32s are gone , not R46s. 75 footers are too much for the (C). Why do you think R32s are still needed on the C. 60 feet. come on people. basiclly the (C) and (E) will be 100% R160s and the (A) will be half R44s and half R160s. CASE CLOSED!!!

The R46s from jamaica are going to be on the A and C as well as some R32s no 160s are being planned to go on the 8th avenue line...

The R46s from jamaica are going to be on the A and C as well as some R32s no 160s are being planned to go on the 8th avenue line...

Do you mean 8th Av. out of Pitkin? The E is all R160s currently, save an occasional R40M/R42 put-in.

The C as far as I know is going to get R46s when the R32s are gone (and wouldn't be surprised to see it run R44s as well). And let's be clear, the C running R46s as full-length cars are 8-car consists. If it runs shorter trains, it'll probably be 6-car consists like the G, but I'm not sure how that'll effect the C/R boards.

I think you better reopen the case. The C uses R32s due to where the boards are placed and the C is an 8-car line. The E uses 60-footers due to dwell times but the C is nowhere near as crowded as the E and doesn't even use full-length consists. And no credible source on the boards has reported that R160s are coming to Pitkin, but R46s are at Pitkin already and more are coming.

You can NOT be serious.

I can't wait to see R46's on the (C).

Definitely agree!

From What I heard from one of My sources that the (C) will still be R32's when it goes to 10 cars but you will still see R46's on the (C), 2-4 trainsets only, The (A) on the Other hand will be 100% R44/R46's No, I repeat No R32's will be on the (A) unless an emergency, The Person that's in charge does not want the (A) to be Mostly R32's and R44 with a few R46's, To Me that would be a waste if you have most of the R46's on the (C), So ride the R32's on the (A) while you can because they will not be on the (A) no More after this swap, The (A) currently rus only 2 trainsets of R32's nomaly 3 but 8-12 cars are spreaded out for work service (refuse Train), And Also 207th will house the R46 A-A and the only A-B unit R46's in the near future, If this hapend Now, They would send some R32's to be housed at Pitkin but this won't happen until half of the R32's are gone from 207th st yard.

The (C) won't be 10 cars until October-November, I Can't say This will happen around this time because the TA keeps on pushing it back so we will have to wait and see for ourselves but All I am going to say is Ride the R32's on the (A) while you can, it easy to cacth them on the weekend because they send out both sets, during the week sometimes they bring out 2 sets sometimes they bring out 1 and the other set is used for rush hour service to Lefferts bivd but the Rush Hour Put-In stays in service until 11:30pm at Night.

If an R32 trainset goes to Far Rockaway, Take My Advise Ride it early, If that R32 goes into far Rock at between 5:30-6:30 and around 7pm the Dispacher Will Take It Out of service and deadhead to pitkin yard where they swicth crews and deadhead to 207th or deadhead to the Rock Park Yard

I'm so glad that I caught an R32 A train weeks back and taped it from the RFW as it's probably going to be my last RFW express run in the B division! As with the plan, those guys are making more sense in not making the the A a majority of R32s. Certainly the riders wouldn't be pleased in having the oldest trains run full time and having seats taken away the old situation on the Q.

are you the person who keeps saying on wikipedia and youtube that R160s are going on the (A)(C) (i am wondering how did you become a senior member with just three posts)? if that is the case, i am really starting to lose my patience with you because i had to revert all your edits. if you are also the one who keeps adding unsourced rolling stock information to the nyc subway route articles on wikipedia, you need to stop or else you will be blocked since you are violating wikipedia's rules and guidelines. if the (A) line can use 75 footers, so can the (C). in fact, the (C) needs to be full length. there are no plans to put R160s are 207th Street or Pitkin and you have no proof to say that will happen they are only going to Coney Island and Jamaica to run on the (F) and (Q). Bottom line, R160s are not going on the (A)(C), period! End of Story!

Do you mean 8th Av. out of Pitkin? The E is all R160s currently, save an occasional R40M/R42 put-in.

The C as far as I know is going to get R46s when the R32s are gone (and wouldn't be surprised to see it run R44s as well). And let's be clear, the C running R46s as full-length cars are 8-car consists. If it runs shorter trains, it'll probably be 6-car consists like the G, but I'm not sure how that'll effect the C/R boards.

for once, i would agree with you. if the (C) uses six R46 cars, new conductor boards would have to be installed depending on where the conductor will be so it can stop in the middle. otherwise, it will have to stop at the front of the platform and leave a 150 foot space (30 more than the R40/40M/42s did) at the rear, which will have the same results as the R40/42s. the (C) will most likely be full length since it gets really crowded during rush hours (though other times, it is nearly empty).

me too. the (C) using R46s will be the only reason why i will continue to railfan when i start the fall semester at John Jay College (and it would be easy since the (C) stops at 59th Street-Columbus Circle).

I'm so glad that I caught an R32 A train weeks back and taped it from the RFW as it's probably going to be my last RFW express run in the B division! As with the plan, those guys are making more sense in not making the the A a majority of R32s. Certainly the riders wouldn't be pleased in having the oldest trains run full time and having seats taken away the old situation on the Q.

i would also be very happy to have R32s on the (A). they belong on the (A), not the (C) as it is an express and most railfans would be pleased to have them there. i find it strange that you want the R32s back on the (A), though, since you said you hated them for reasons i do not understand.

i would also be very happy to have R32s on the (A). they belong on the (A), not the (C) as it is an express and most railfans would be pleasved to have them there. i find it strange that you want the R32s back on the (A), though, since you said you hated them for reasons i do not understand.

Sorry for the confusion, but I don't. As a railfanner, they are one of the better since they are the only type on the Fulton with a RFW. However as a regular rider, I would much prefer my bucket seats and trains with better suspension.

There is nothing wrong with the R32's on the (A) But this does makes sence, They ran an R32 (A) the whole weekend all day and night and the R32 did not break-down, So If they wantend to run R32's on the (A) it would not be a problem but other people rather the (C) to keep them.

(Foamfighters coming to the scene)

Yeah the (C) will be 100% R160s, in your dreams at least.

There are no definite plans to send the R160s to PITK/207. There are rumours that that could happen, but as far as what seems to be happening, CI, JAM and ENY are the only yards getting R160s. The (C) is a low-priority line compared to the (A) and the (E). Giving it R46s or making them full lengthened is already a blessing, don't ask for too much.

Me too, however I would like to see the (C) full-lengthened first. That's more of a priority for me.

There is nothing wrong with the R32's on the (A) But this does makes sence, They ran an R32 (A) the whole weekend all day and night and the R32 did not break-down, So If they wantend to run R32's on the (A) it would not be a problem but other people rather the (C) to keep them.

Sorry, I didn't know that the R32s were a majority on the A during the weekends. Based on your statement, I can understand that the R32s had been very efficient lately. However, I would rather choose trains that are as efficient as the R32 with better comfort and more seats. In this case, it would be the 75 ft trains with bucket seats and better suspension.

Well the (C) will be using the same equipment the (A) does, which will be R44s and R46s. No question as to whether the R160s will make their way to the (A) and (C) anytime soon.

im guessing that since the (A) & (C) will run 44's &46's they prolly wont see any 160's running down the Fulton lines, at least til the 179's come in

i say go ahead and run some 32's on the (A) for a railfan like me its the closest thing i have to my beloved R38, whats more, it would be great for the express action. It seems to me that any 60' car have a tendency to...pardon the expression..."bring da ruckus" on the (A) express CPW on down through Fulton, However the 75' footers tend to drag their asses doing like -40mph... what do u guys think?

im guessing that since the (A) & (C) will run 44's &46's they prolly wont see any 160's running down the Fulton lines, at least til the 179's come in

Either way speculations wouldn't make that much sense. Plus, the R179s are definitely designed and going to Queens Blvd.

i say go ahead and run some 32's on the (A) for a railfan like me its the closest thing i have to my beloved R38, whats more, it would be great for the express action. It seems to me that any 60' car have a tendency to...pardon the expression..."bring da ruckus" on the (A) express CPW on down through Fulton, However the 75' footers tend to drag their asses doing like -40mph... what do u guys think?

R38s FTW! They've never failed me.

Either way speculations wouldn't make that much sense. Plus, the R179s are definitely designed and going to Queens Blvd.

R38s FTW! They've never failed me.

I Never Had problems with the R38's ever, That's why I wished they kept them for another 4 months, They were in better shape than the Crap R42's.

I Never Had problems with the R38's ever, That's why I wished they kept them for another 4 months, They were in better shape than the Crap R42's.

If they changed the General Manager before the R38s went, the R38s could've stayed. After all the R38s and R42s were both out of parts months before the R38s' retirement.

Ouch...very ouch :cry: They did run better this is true. but I think that the R42s havent been taken care of properly...the ones at ENY seem like they neevr get cleaned for months

Ouch...very ouch :cry: They did run better this is true. but I think that the R42s havent been taken care of properly...the ones at ENY seem like they neevr get cleaned for months

The R42's at ENY havn't been cleaned in months,every time i see an R42 train on the (J)/(Z) lines they

get more dirty.same with the R160A-1's over there too.

Archived