Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Please, please all of you ladies and gentlemen waiting for an appointment

for any Civil Service position. Promotional or Open Competitive.

It has been mentioned in numerous threads that the key word is PATIENCE.

You took the tests, passed, now move on with your life.

Seek other employment or further your education in the meantime.

I've watched countless threads out here where someone posts some tidbit,

or asks about a test, and all of a sudden it's like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

I've noticed some people actually denigrating other posters chances of even being called, trying to discourage people and pouring water on another persons hopes and dreams.

Knocking another's list number or what have you. Nobody on these forums can

predict the future with any certainty.

There may be layoffs of people who were just called and appointed.

Maybe the economy picks up and more people retire, who knows ?

I say this as one who is older than those now waiting and one who has done the gamut,

from test, waiting, appointment, working, and now, retirement.

No matter how you feel today, apprehensive, excitement, fear, whatever,

remember IT"S NOT LIFE OR DEATH.

Slow down, take it easy and enjoy your life today 'cause nothing is really

promised anyway ( except death and taxes).

Just thought I'd throw that out here for those acting like children on Christmas Eve."

like i needed to read this give me a break

"Please, please all of you ladies and gentlemen waiting for an appointment

for any Civil Service position. Promotional or Open Competitive.

It has been mentioned in numerous threads that the key word is PATIENCE.

You took the tests, passed, now move on with your life.

Seek other employment or further your education in the meantime.

I've watched countless threads out here where someone posts some tidbit,

or asks about a test, and all of a sudden it's like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

I've noticed some people actually denigrating other posters chances of even being called, trying to discourage people and pouring water on another persons hopes and dreams.

Knocking another's list number or what have you. Nobody on these forums can

predict the future with any certainty.

There may be layoffs of people who were just called and appointed.

Maybe the economy picks up and more people retire, who knows ?

I say this as one who is older than those now waiting and one who has done the gamut,

from test, waiting, appointment, working, and now, retirement.

No matter how you feel today, apprehensive, excitement, fear, whatever,

remember IT"S NOT LIFE OR DEATH.

Slow down, take it easy and enjoy your life today 'cause nothing is really

promised anyway ( except death and taxes).

Just thought I'd throw that out here for those acting like children on Christmas Eve."

Most of the above post wants for all of you 8006 eligibles to be quiet and not ask questions about the status of things. It assumes that because many people come once maybe twice a day to ask an important question that they are complete thirst buckets and have nothing better to do with their lives. It ignorantly assumes that for "YOU" its a matter of life and death. Thx for the support poster.

ii have posted a question anyone hear anything yet on 8006 and to all that dont like me asking questions shut the hell up

See this thread --> http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27681&page=7

And BTW, not against you, but why are you worried about what else others are saying? Just take it as grain and salt. This reply isn't meant for any type of 'response', but rather for you to think about it. That's all. :-)

good point.
i dont want to take a back seat on these posts i needed to know if the list was moving again.i just heard it was now i can take care of things before im hired yes i can be a little of a pain but its been years and i need to know maybe others dont but i do.goodluck to all who just got called

:(:cool::(

i dont want to take a back seat on these posts i needed to know if the list was moving again.i just heard it was now i can take care of things before im hired yes i can be a little of a pain but its been years and i need to know maybe others dont but i do.goodluck to all who just got called

it seems when i called they said letters where gonna be sent out for 8006 for drug test and for others for the final medical.now i hear its not true .i heard july there might be classes and 8006 will start moving.this list has been at a standstill going nowhere.i dont trust them what they say anymore at this pace im in the 700s could be another year im getting confused when they tell me they will get to my list # this summer or fall who knows i give up i get a good feeling last i spoke to them now i get a put me down this is madness.someone let me know if your heard anything about classes for 8006 this july because when i post and it does not happen i make an ass out of myself later guys:confused:

I'm on 8006 list, had declined when called in back in March. This week got letter to report to Livingston Street on July 7 for medical, etc. Was starting to wonder what was going on but DCAS had told me it would be more or less around this time:tup::tdown::P. Also remember that they did stop calling for sometime waiting to have a large enough number of vacancies. I'm 119 but I've read they've gone over the 400 mark:tup:

I'm on 8006 list, had declined when called in back in March. This week got letter to report to Livingston Street on July 7 for medical, etc. Was starting to wonder what was going on but DCAS had told me it would be more or less around this time:tup::tdown::P. Also remember that they did stop calling for sometime waiting to have a large enough number of vacancies. I'm 119 but I've read they've gone over the 400 mark:tup:
i was told that this time around they will reach my list # in 700s so it will most likely calll another400- 500 people this round they are calling this month and july and again in august to get 50 drivers they go through 150 - 200 people at times people fail medical ,have arrests,accidents,or just dont show up plus a lot fail drug test .goodluck july 7:tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding certification means that your name and list number has been sent over to the MTA from DCAS which administers the exams in this case exam 8006 for BO and establishes the list by score.The last appointed list number according to the DCAS automated phone number was 461.This is the number that they stopped at back in March and now that they started calling again I believe all those after 461 to whatever amount they need will be called in. Keep in mine that their are some of us pre-461,s that have lower numbers but were not called back for medical back in March because the openings that they needed became full and we had to have our names and list numbers restored to the list. Good Luck , if you get called in to the drug test and don,t hear anything in a few weeks about the medical which is the next step give them a call because you could be passed over if you do not have your name restored to the DCAS list.

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding certification means that your name and list number has been sent over to the MTA from DCAS which administers the exams in this case exam 8006 for BO and establishes the list by score.The last appointed list number according to the DCAS automated phone number was 461.This is the number that they stopped at back in March and now that they started calling again I believe all those after 461 to whatever amount they need will be called in. Keep in mine that their are some of us pre-461,s that have lower numbers but were not called back for medical back in March because the openings that they needed became full and we had to have our names and list numbers restored to the list. Good Luck , if you get called in to the drug test and don,t hear anything in a few weeks about the medical which is the next step give them a call because you could be passed over if you do not have your name restored to the DCAS list.
yes i know this but the dcas automated system is not right as i know the last person is 678 and counting time to get back good luck to all its movi g:cool:

i ment to say the highest list # i know of is 578 called not 678 i like to keep things accurate

sealteam1962,

Not to go off-topic so much, but -- you do know there's an edit feature on all your posts; this way you don't have to post again to show you've made a mistake in the prior post.

i was told that this time around they will reach my list # in 700s so it will most likely calll another400- 500 people this round they are calling this month and july and again in august to get 50 drivers they go through 150 - 200 people at times people fail medical ,have arrests,accidents,or just dont show up plus a lot fail drug test .goodluck july 7:tup:

Did the drug test back on July 7. It's been over 2 weeks but have not gotten the phone call for the medical yet. Is it in 4 weeks that they're supposed to call me? :(Would appreciate the answer. Thanks in advance.:tup:

Did the drug test back on July 7. It's been over 2 weeks but have not gotten the phone call for the medical yet. Is it in 4 weeks that they're supposed to call me? :(Would appreciate the answer. Thanks in advance.:tup:

Glad to see the site back up, must have been down for system maintenance

or something. Yes, the drug test expires in 30 days. You have some people

on here who have taken it 4 times already.:confused:

Archived