Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Joe, how is the picture quality for Fios? Is it really 100% crystal clear, unlike Cablevision?

As far as HD is concerned, Verizon applies the least amount of compression to their video streams. Cable systems (especially those using DOCSIS 3) compress their video streams because they have to. Lack of bandwidth, really.

IMO, FIOS has the best picture quality (aside from OTA locals, which will always look better OTA.)

The Q85 sucks, just waited 40-something minutes for it. In that span of time I saw 8 Q5's, 6-7 N4's, 4 Q4's, 3 Q84's, & 2 Q42's (my memory is off the chain lol). Why is the service so lopsided? The Q85 has more ridership than all of those =___=. Whatever I guess. :tdown:

In other news those T-Mobile 4G commercials are so corny to me lol.

This snow/ice is getting on my nerves as well.

Nearly everyone complains about that, and I don't blame them. But I did like the SD picture quality through my DVR for the premium channels (when they were still SD before all of them became HD) What I find humorous about their advertising of Wifi is their claim that it's 2x faster than 3G. Tried their wifi on my iTouch, and it's nowhere near faster at all. You have to be lucky enough to find a stronger optimum wifi signal or deal with the slowness. :tdown:

The HD channels themselves are also pixelated as well, and the colors are somewhat off, so it's no wonder why it's "free". Cablevomit will do anything to convince you to stay with them, yet at the same time, they know that they don't stand a chance with Fios since that will be the future.

Ditto about the wifi on the itouch. It was slow as hell. I'm so glad I got a wifi router. Makes things so much better. Faster, consistant and rarely any signal drops. No need to stand in one area to get a signal.

Nice as having a signal everywhere would be, I'm not buying an Iphone and dealing with all the bills over wifi usage shit.

Been busy past few days, but I'm still around - just not like every day/hour like a few months ago. Still backed up on my pics though. One day gotta get them edited and posted.

Is it just me or is anyone feeling apathetic about online? I don't even bother checking up on even e-mails daily now or visit all the usual chat places.

Been busy past few days, but I'm still around - just not like every day/hour like a few months ago. Still backed up on my pics though. One day gotta get them edited and posted.

Is it just me or is anyone feeling apathetic about online? I don't even bother checking up on even e-mails daily now or visit all the usual chat places.

I thought I was the only one, it's like ehh. I'm just not feeling it like I used to (online in general), I only go on the computer if I want to download music or edit pics.

As far as HD is concerned, Verizon applies the least amount of compression to their video streams. Cable systems (especially those using DOCSIS 3) compress their video streams because they have to. Lack of bandwidth, really.

IMO, FIOS has the best picture quality (aside from OTA locals, which will always look better OTA.)

What about Time Warner Cable? I'm not 100% sure if they compress the picture quality like Cablevision. They're a cable company as well if I'm not mistaken.

Ditto about the wifi on the itouch. It was slow as hell. I'm so glad I got a wifi router. Makes things so much better. Faster, consistant and rarely any signal drops. No need to stand in one area to get a signal.

Nice as having a signal everywhere would be, I'm not buying an Iphone and dealing with all the bills over wifi usage shit.

I absolutely agree. I used to go to an in school youth program, and they had Wifi routers for their computers. True blazing speed. :tup:

I am, Id rather text Michelle than be online at this point.

1140278442.png

.24Mbps = 24kbps

24 kilobits per second / 8 = 3 KiloBYTES per second

THREE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. IF I WANTED DIAL UP SERVICE, I WOULD HAVE STAYED WITH AO F***ING L! The website even says it would take FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY MINUTES to download 800MB. F*** Cablevision!

Fear my results, on wireless:

1143247868.png

Maybe this is a bad time for that; I do have quite a few tabs open and my XBox is on...

The Green Bay Packers won the SuperBowl yesterday. Suprised there hasn't been like a news article on it. -_-

Anyone see the commercials? My favorite ones were:

1) The Mini Darth Vader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

2) Doritos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8x1iBbue9Y&feature=related

3) Pepsi Max

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCryRWyEcc&feature=related

Once again, two dudes were fighting on the platform at 75th St on the (J). One of them ended up falling onto the tracks. Luckily their wasn't a train approaching. He was able to get back up. Thats what happens when you have bloods, crips, and patrias all on the same platform...

When savages fight each other, society wins.