Do you think the Bx40/42 needs to go LTD or only one of them?

IRT Bronx Express

I mean, there's nothing wrong with 2 LTD buses running via Burnside and Tremont. Look at the LTD 1/2 and the LTD 41/55 (Gun Hill to Fordham). Its sooo slow and needs better service IMO.

Lawd.....1st of all. You must not understand Limited buses. There is a Bx1 local and a Bx1 LTD same goes for the Bx2. Bx55 is a Limited version of the Bx15. Bx41 is Limited to The Hub-3rd Avenue during AM rush hours and to Wakefield-241st Street during the PM rush hours, also the Bx41 makes local stops b/w E. 211th Street to Wakefield-241st Street via White Plains Road....its only Limited b/w E. Gun Hill Road and Webster Avenue to 3rd Avenue-149th Street via Webster Avenue. Inorder to make the Bx40 or Bx42 Limited you need to have a substitute local so if the Bx40 becomes Limited that means either the Bx42 is all local or you have the Bx40 local and Bx40 Limited. Some Limited buses are peak directional only. If the Bx40 and Bx42 were both Limited you'd have buses bunching up behind one another plus customers will be piss b/c they need their local stops!

Lawd.....1st of all. You must not understand Limited buses. There is a Bx1 local and a Bx1 LTD same goes for the Bx2. Bx55 is a Limited version of the Bx15. Bx41 is Limited to The Hub-3rd Avenue during AM rush hours and to Wakefield-241st Street during the PM rush hours, also the Bx41 makes local stops b/w E. 211th Street to Wakefield-241st Street via White Plains Road....its only Limited b/w E. Gun Hill Road and Webster Avenue to 3rd Avenue-149th Street via Webster Avenue. Inorder to make the Bx40 or Bx42 Limited you need to have a substitute local so if the Bx40 becomes Limited that means either the Bx42 is all local or you have the Bx40 local and Bx40 Limited. Some Limited buses are peak directional only. If the Bx40 and Bx42 were both Limited you'd have buses bunching up behind one another plus customers will be piss b/c they need their local stops!

yup. agree. B6/B6 LTD, B35/B35, B38/B38 LTD, B41/B41 LTD, B44/B44 LTD, B46/B46 LTD, B49/B49 LTD one way AM Rush only

S40/S90 LTD Rush Hrs only, S44/S94 LTD Rush Hrs only, S46/S96 LTD Rush Hrs only, S48/S98 LTD Rush Hours Only, S51/S81 LTD Rush Hrs only, S59, S61/S91 LTD Rush Hrs only, S62/S92 LTD Rush Hrs Only, S74/S84 LTD Rush Hrs only, S76/S86 LTD Rush Hrs only, S89 LTD Rush Hrs only (Bayonne NJ-Eltingville, S.I.), S93 LTD

so on...and so forth....these are only examples.

Anyways. I agree with Curtis..

Tho there is no point of making the Bx40/Bx42 BOTH LTD.. Look at the Bx36.. It has a second Bx36 but LTD during Rush hours while the Bx36 local provides regular stops..

If the Tremont/Burnside crosstown buses(Bx40/42) were BOTH LTD then people on this avenue won't appricate stops being skipped..

However, I will agree on ETHER the Bx40 or Bx42 as being LTD..

1- Because this is ONE LONG Crosstown Bus From River Towers, Unviresty Hts to Throgs Necks, The Bronx.

2- Because there are 2 routes running between River Tower and Randalls Avenue and then up to Harding Avenue.. At Randall, the Bx42 splits for that area then goes back with the Bx40. At Harden it Splits completly..

I'd use the Bx42 as the LTD tho.. But most people think the Bx40 should be it since it runs 24/7 and it doesn't go via Randalls..

Maybe even +SBS could be nice.. Depends on the T/A budget/plannings..

As for the Bx1/Bx2, idk why both routes have to be LTD. I guess its because they are one long route from 149th Street to Sedgwick, while people can also use the (:P(D). Plus its heavily used..

What I wish for is the Bx19 becoming LTD.. That is another LONG route that runs short in Manhattan and Long in the Bronx, like The Bx7, Bx36 and I guess Bx6..

Plus it is slow a bit.. An LTD would surly benefit that route! Hope the t/a gets a focus there..

When the Bx1/Bx2 are LTD, are there Local service too? And is this RH only or middays too?

When the Bx1 and Bx2 are LTD its local service provide 24 hours!

O, i thought it was only LTD. Hopefully KB has a lot of buses for this, since thats like 4 routes running on GC. Bx1 Local, Bx1 LTD, Bx2 Local, Bx2 LTD.. And of course Express Buses..

Im guessing there is no LTD service for the Bx2 along 149th from Mott to The hub?

O, i thought it was only LTD. Hopefully KB has a lot of buses for this, since thats like 4 routes running on GC. Bx1 Local, Bx1 LTD, Bx2 Local, Bx2 LTD.. And of course Express Buses..

Im guessing there is no LTD service for the Bx2 along 149th from Mott to The hub?

Bx2 makes local stops from 3rd Avenue-149th Street to Mott Haven-136th Street and from E. Mosholu Parkway to Kingsbridge Heights-Fort Independence Street!

• 1 year later...

It's been a long year since everybody was posting their comments about

this topic. As of today, I'm officially the 1st forum member to post his own comment about adding Limited-Stop Service along Tremont Av. All right, here is my opinion, I was thinking that there should be only one local bus route that should be restructured into an All Day Limited-Stop Service and that particular local bus route is none other than the (Bx42). Why the (Bx42) you say? Well, let

me tell you all in 3 different reasons why:

1. The (Bx42) does not have much service running during late nights.

2. (Bx40) is the only bus route along Tremont Av to run at all times.

3. To increase ridership in both bus routes and improve Tremont Av with BRT.

Starting in Winter 2012 (between late January and early February), the

(Bx40) bus will remain in service as an All Time Local, while the (Bx42) bus will be

restructured into an All Day Limited-Stop Service making all limited stops between River Park Towers and E Tremont/Schurz Avs.*

*There will be a planned service reroute on both the (Bx40), and the (Bx42).

It's been a long year since everybody was posting their comments about

this topic. As of today, I'm officially the 1st forum member to post his own comment about adding Limited-Stop Service along Tremont Av. All right, here is my opinion, I was thinking that there should be only one local bus route that should be restructured into an All Day Limited-Stop Service and that particular local bus route is none other than the (Bx42). Why the (Bx42) you say? Well, let

me tell you all in 3 different reasons why:

1. The (Bx42) does not have much service running during late nights.

2. (Bx40) is the only bus route along Tremont Av to run at all times.

3. To increase ridership in both bus Rroutes and improve Tremont Av with BRT.

Starting in Winter 2012 (between late January and early February), the

(Bx40) bus will remain in service as an All Time Local, while the (Bx42) bus will be

restructured into an All Day Limited-Stop Service making all limited stops between River Park Towers and E Tremont/Schurz Avs.

*There will be a planned service reroute on both the (Bx40), and the (Bx42).

Is the (Bx40)(Bx42) change real or an èxčpëçtätīöń

LTD or SBS isn't a bad idea for either bus route but not for both. I used to ride them two routes every single day for two years. Both are really slow and usually late. I remember one day it was raining hard and nether bus came until a good 30-45 minutes later. Like always it came SRO. IMO something really needs to be done with the BX40/42. It hasn't changed....

Check the current timetables. During daylight hours Monday thru Saturday, all (Bx1) trips are LTD and all (Bx2) trips are local.

There is a brief period on Saturdays where the Bx1 and Bx1 LTD are both running (leaving the terminals) at the same time, more so N/B.

N/B at 136 St from 7:16pm to 7:38pm

S/B at 231 St from 6:28pm to 6:30pm

Archived