Best Express Runs

67thAve

Since this is supposed to be "Best Express Runs," I'm sure there are much better express runs than the one I put, but:

The West Side IRT from Times Square to 72nd St: northbound more so because of no timers, but in both directions, before the realignment and new tracks, it felt like you were going to fly off of the tracks going around the curve at 59th St. Nowadways, we get the speed without that feeling.

Since this is supposed to be "Best Express Runs," I'm sure there are much better express runs than the one I put, but:

The West Side IRT from Times Square to 72nd St: northbound more so because of no timers, but in both directions, before the realignment and new tracks, it felt like you were going to fly off of the tracks going around the curve at 59th St. Nowadways, we get the speed without that feeling.

I remember those days! You still get that feeling when your zooming by 50th street going downtown at about 42 miles per hour (don't know why they go that fast as there's no grade or anything), right before the timer where the R62 hits the brakes. Bumpiest ride ever, but still fun. I like seeing those tourists who can't hold the pole properly and look scared as if the train's going to fall out of the tracks.

1) Uptown (2)(3) between 42nd and 72nd

2)Manhattan bound (E)(F) between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza/21st-Queensbridge

3)Uptown (4)(5) between Brooklyn Bridge and Union Square

4)Manhattan bound (J)(Z) between Myrtle and Marcy

5)<6> between 3rd/138 Street and Hunts Point

Honorable mention

The <7> used to have a nice express run between Woodside and Junction until they added timers at 74th

The Brighton express pwned (especially on a R40). Too bad it's suspended for the next 2 years

1) Uptown (2)(3) between 42nd and 72nd

2)Manhattan bound (E)(F) between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza/21st-Queensbridge

3)Uptown (4)(5) between Brooklyn Bridge and Union Square

4)Manhattan bound (J)(Z) between Myrtle and Marcy

5)<6> between 3rd/138 Street and Hunts Point

Honorable mention

The <7> used to have a nice express run between Woodside and Junction until they added timers at 74th

The Brighton express pwned (especially on a R40). Too bad it's suspended for the next 2 years

They have Speed Restrictions in the Spring St Bleecker St area northbound RCC can see what you are doing...

I remember those days! You still get that feeling when your zooming by 50th street going downtown at about 42 miles per hour (don't know why they go that fast as there's no grade or anything)

There most certainly is a downgrade at 50.

They have Speed Restrictions in the Spring St Bleecker St area northbound RCC can see what you are doing...

They say nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived