NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's about that time. In the coming weeks, NovaBUS will build an LFS diesel demo for MTA. Why this bus will not be a hybrid is a mystery to me. But either way, I am interested in seeing what this bus will look like in full MTA specs and colors. I wonder which depot will test it out first??

Well, it's about that time. In the coming weeks, NovaBUS will build an LFS diesel demo for MTA. Why this bus will not be a hybrid is a mystery to me. But either way, I am interested in seeing what this bus will look like in full MTA specs and colors. I wonder which depot will test it out first??

1,thank god! It might be #0056

2,because (MTA) stated that hybrids cost too much to maintain so there going back to standard 40ft clean deisle and CNG future orders.

3,I'm not sure but i hope FP and or BP depots.

Give it to Staten Island!!! Send the Next Junks from there somewhere else and I'll be one very happy person :cool:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Give it to Staten Island!!! Send the Next Junks from there somewhere else and I'll be one very happy person :cool:

that won't happen si don't need no new buses for another 3-5 yrs.

I think that Ulmer Park and Fresh Pond, along with Flatbush and Queens Village, should be at the top of the list, especially Ulmer Park which has not gotten a new bus in 14 years.

Agreed! I think you mean "which has not gotten a new local bus in 14 years". The MCIs came in fairly recently, but the RTSs are just OLD.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I think that Ulmer Park and Fresh Pond, along with Flatbush and Queens Village, should be at the top of the list, especially Ulmer Park which has not gotten a new bus in 14 years.

I have to disagree on the Flatbush part since they just not NGs not too long ago. Fresh Pond last got new buses in 2005 with the OG's (the original number of them there were cut in half when Grand Av took them, then was again transferred to ENY) but the majority of the RTS's there are from 1996 (8800's, 8900's, 9100's)...Queens Village got buses back in 2003-2004 with their OG's.

Agreed! I think you mean "which has not gotten a new local bus in 14 years". The MCIs came in fairly recently, but the RTSs are just OLD.

IMO, they should be at the top of the list, although they got (used) buses from 1999.

UP should get a good chuck of Nova LFS or D40LF since they might now have a chance. FP lost most it newer buses to GA but they kan step it up.QV should get some or send some to SI displace some 1999 ORION. To maybe WF,QV or CS or storage maybe even MTA BUS.

I could see them getting DE40LF's one day, but I don't see the TA placing any order for NFI diesels. But who knows. Strange things have been going on lately. I would love to know where the incoming LFS will go.

Well this is the first I've heard about any new Nova's...well Nova's period (minus the RTS). Well whatever depots that still have 94-96 buses should get something new imo.

90 Nova LFS diesels will be arriving at some point in time. Check out the posts in this thread, and the Future demo/test fleet thread. I'ts been posted for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd rather ride a bus that is new (cough...cough...NGs are newer than RTSs) and brakes rather quietly (definitely not RTSs).

The LFS is the only new bus model that I like. The NG order can kick rocks. LFS and Orion 5s for life!

I'd rather ride a bus that is new (cough...cough...NGs are newer than RTSs) and brakes rather quietly (definitely not RTSs).

That only depends on whether or not the brakes are new. Keep in mind that the RTS is heavy, and hard on brakes. But the NG's can get loud too. It all depends on how long maintenance keeps an old set on before they replace them. But I could never ever get tired of riding the RTS!

Archived