NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Now, here are some photos of Halifax Metro Transit LFSA and not LFX, so like yours.

Notice the differences on the panels (on the side) on the rear part.

Photos by the user subhuman111, a worker at the Saint-Eustache plant and concept_lfs:

http://metrodemontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=162413#162413

http://metrodemontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=162195&sid=becb24ba0514fc71456ee9cbb9c56215#162195

Here are photos taken by the user calamin on the CPTDB:

img_0060.jpg

img_0059.jpg

img_0053.jpg

Oh and BTW, the reason for the structural differences and the smaller pipe is due to the EPA 2010 engine.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the TA and Nova are one step closer to closing a deal for 90 LFS diesels. The Nova demo, which is actually rumored to be a pilot could be the first of that order. This bus is built completely to MTA specs from the ground up, so that as well leads me to believe it is actually the pilot.

Looks like the TA and Nova are one step closer to closing a deal for 90 LFS diesels. The Nova demo, which is actually rumored to be a pilot could be the first of that order. This bus is built completely to MTA specs from the ground up, so that as well leads me to believe it is actually the pilot.

Excellent news, ENY!

PLEASE send those buses to Staten Island!!!

I hope Queens Village gets some. I'll start taking the Q27 then transfer, at least I'll be avoiding the Q30 too, the Q27 runs way more frequently. 2 pluses right there.

I almost got to ride an LFS at Disney World but a stupid RTS got infront of it and since we were towards the front of the line we got on the RTS. This was a couple of years ago back when I was used to JAM being all RTS so I wanted to get on anything but an RTS lol.

One of my favorite buses but I never got to ride one.

That air conditioner/rear window configuration so evokes the old new look Flxibles (and even more, the AMGeneral, I believe).

I wished the Orion VII NG's and NABICompo's had that, since the other parts of the bodies remind me of the new looks in some respects.

PLEASE send those buses to Staten Island!!!

SI is done for quite a while, unless you count artics.

I hope Queens Village gets some. I'll start taking the Q27 then transfer, at least I'll be avoiding the Q30 too, the Q27 runs way more frequently. 2 pluses right there.

I almost got to ride an LFS at Disney World but a stupid RTS got infront of it and since we were towards the front of the line we got on the RTS. This was a couple of years ago back when I was used to JAM being all RTS so I wanted to get on anything but an RTS lol.

One of my favorite buses but I never got to ride one.

Lol!

That air conditioner/rear window configuration so evokes the old new look Flxibles (and even more, the AMGeneral, I believe).

I wished the Orion VII NG's and NABICompo's had that, since the other parts of the bodies remind me of the new looks in some respects.

I can see that.

For an update on all things DOB, click here.

I would say it looks even more like the rear of the Volvos that NJT had.

• 4 weeks later...
They will have that sound if they are equipped with ZF EcoLife transmissions.

15 of the new Novas will have the ZF Ecolife transmission, but the current LFS Artics have the ZF Ecomat 4 transmission. The Ecolife transmission will not have such a pronounced whine when changing gears. You can hear what the ISL with Ecolife sounds like on Mississauga's latest VII order:

That bus gas returned to Nova.

I have to wonder if it will come back though as part of this order (the bus was completely decaled as per MTA specs except for the stripe and skirt.

Also, 15 of the 75 with Allisons will have LED headlights. As for LFS artics, I have to wonder if the MTA should consider sending one of the 1280s to Ulmer Park as a loaner for B6 testing.

I have to wonder if it will come back though as part of this order (the bus was completely decaled as per MTA specs except for the stripe and skirt.

Also, 15 of the 75 with Allisons will have LED headlights. As for LFS artics, I have to wonder if the MTA should consider sending one of the 1280s to Ulmer Park as a loaner for B6 testing.

I think it will end up coming back as the first bus for the order. And as far as one of the 1280's going to Ulmer, that sounds like a winner to me! But I don't see it happening soon. At least not until MTA issues another artic order. I think the next batch will end up going to Baisley Park, and JFK. Then after that, Flatbush, and maybe Ulmer Park after those.

I think it will end up coming back as the first bus for the order. And as far as one of the 1280's going to Ulmer, that sounds like a winner to me! But I don't see it happening soon. At least not until MTA issues another artic order. I think the next batch will end up going to Baisley Park, and JFK. Then after that, Flatbush, and maybe Ulmer Park after those.

One of the 1280s could just as easily be used for driver training at MTA Bus, since I don't see the MTA ordering artics from New Flyer in the near future (only rigids). As for artics at MTA Bus, the Q6, Q10, and Q111/113 primarily?

One of the 1280s could just as easily be used for driver training at MTA Bus, since I don't see the MTA ordering artics from New Flyer in the near future (only rigids). As for artics at MTA Bus, the Q6, Q10, and Q111/113 primarily?

Now that I could definitely see happening.

15 of the new Novas will have the ZF Ecolife transmission, but the current LFS Artics have the ZF Ecomat 4 transmission. The Ecolife transmission will not have such a pronounced whine when changing gears. You can hear what the ISL with Ecolife sounds like on Mississauga's latest VII order:

NOW, WHAT DID I TOLD YOU GUYS EARLIER IN THIS THREAD? HAH!

It's about time someone says the Artics are not equipped with ZF EcoLife!!!!:P

---

The ZF EcoLife is not loud at all, it's actually silent! I've heard the EcoLife on our newer Novas (40 ft and Artic), here in Montreal, and we can only hear the engine!

Example of a 40-footer Nova LFS with EcoLife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uYUFpwSD9M

No videos yet of LFS Artics with EcoLife, just ZF Ecomat and Voith.

Add: It's impossible for an LFS Artic to be equipped with ZF 6AP1200B. The Artics should be equipped with ZF 6AP1700B.

I doubt Ulmer Park would get Artics over other depots first. After BP and JFK, I can see Casey Stengel getting more artics, since they were supposed to get artics from the D60HF order that eventually got canceled (5770 onwards).

LFS: 90 Units for testing and evaluation. Delivery scheduled for February through June of 2011. The demo was actually the pilot, and will return with the order.

All will have the standard Cummins ISL 8.9

-60 will have the Allison B400 Transmission

-15 will have the ZF Ecolife Transmission

-15 will have electronically cooled engine systems. Transmission will be the Allison as well. These units will also be equipped with optional LED headlamps, while the remainder of the units will feature standard sealed beam headlamps.

-These buses are said to be heading to 126th street, and Ulmer Park. However, 126th Street has not been confirmed.

LFSA: New order for more articulated is pending. This will likely occur after the 90 standard buses come in. I do not know how many buses will be purchased in this order, but I am assuming that New Flyer will not bid on this one right now.

-The general configuration of the bus will remain the same, with a few new options possible.

LFS: 90 Units for testing and evaluation. Delivery scheduled for February through June of 2011. The demo was actually the pilot, and will return with the order.

All will have the standard Cummins ISL 8.9

-60 will have the Allison B400 Transmission

-15 will have the ZF Ecolife Transmission

-15 will have electronically cooled engine systems. Transmission unknown at this time. These units will also be equipped with standard seal beam headlamps, while the remainder of the units will feature LED headlamps.

-These buses are said to be heading to 126th street, and Ulmer Park. However, 126th Street has not been confirmed.

LFSA: New order for more articulated is pending. This will likely occur after the 90 standard buses come in. I do not know how many buses will be purchased in this order, but I am assuming that New Flyer will not bid on this one right now.

-The general configuration of the bus will remain the same, with a few new options possible.

Actually, the document says the 15 buses with electric cooling system will have LED headlights and the remaining 75 will have sealed beam headlights. It also says that these 15 with LED headlights will use the Allison transmission.

Does anyone have photos of this recent demo some have been refering to?

Actually, the document says the 15 buses with electric cooling system will have LED headlights and the remaining 75 will have sealed beam headlights. It also says that these 15 with LED headlights will use the Allison transmission.

Does anyone have photos of this recent demo some have been refering to?

You're right. I will edit that as soon as I get a chance. Thanks.

Archived