Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid

Kingsbridge Bus

My morning started very crappy but then I see this thread and all issues fall to the way side! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so good and my prayers were answered!!!! LOL I knew that this was bad news for the (MTA) and sure enough the (MTA) wised up and now realized what a dud this order was/is. Any bus that has an issue going up a bridge has no business on the streets of NYC, I don't care how new the bus is. That was ridiculous and everyone in here knows it! I will admit, the ride was not bad in those buses but even when I rode them, I didn't have a good feeling in them. Now it's the end of the line for them in NYC and like what aemoreira81 said, I wonder what will become of Designline now, especially since they are on hard times. Whatever the case, I'm glad I won't be riding the DL buses anymore on the M1 or M42 or whatever line now. It's time to celebrate! Woo!!!!! Lol

Lets get some NF D40LFR's or some more Nova LFS's! :tup::tup::tup:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooooo Waaayyy!!! I had high hopes for these buses.I still think nthey have a chance.The turbine may not be powerful enough to carry passengers on a heavy route,like the M42 or M15,but they may have been useful on smaller light routes.Well its not like it was the first fail test product the (MTA) ever had.SMH.Peace out Designline.:cry:

Just go to LFS'. End of story.

That is what I like to hear. Nova could add more buses to their schedule right after the 90 test fleet. They have a couple of small orders right after the test fleet, but are waiting confirmation for other orders and am sure they would love more business from the MTA.

Support Nova because it is in NY and needs the work for it's employees. They are currently only working 3 days a week.

Nova's RTSs are still holding up very well, but that's the RTS. I still have yet to see how the lfs are. But I would probably feel better if it was Nova getting more orders compared to more Orions.

Nothing against DL [never rode nor saw the buses in person], but if it's taken this long to deliver just ~10 buses out of 90, then cutting up the contract was the best thing to do. Especially with more buses that'll need to be retired in the next few years [mostly the O5s at MTA bus].

As I've stated multiple times here and subchat: if Manhattan needs hybrids so bad, they can always take them from Brooklyn and Queens and give them the Nova lfs. The buses are supposed to be 'low emmission spewers', what's a few more diesels out here?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry::cry:. I actually liked those

Oh well, i rode it so its whatever now

Like Jay-Z said, its on to the next one :(

Or as Queen said, Another One Bites the Dust B)

I also agree with everything novasupporter stated. A large order of those buses would do both the MTA as well as Nova justice as they're right in NY and the MTA will be getting high-quality machines. It's a fair bargain that should not be passed on.

Or as Queen said, Another One Bites the Dust :(

I also agree with everything novasupporter stated. A large order of those buses would do both the MTA as well as Nova justice as they're right in NY and the MTA will be getting high-quality machines. It's a fair bargain that should not be passed on.

On the flipside, the Designlines were one very solid and high quality bus with the build quality of an LFS/LFSA because both buses basically glide over bumps and such and takes them like a champ, it was the turbine that made it fail. Had they decided to go Diesel with them, they would've worked a lot better. Plus you'd see them haters doing cartwheels cause its a diesel bus.

Does anyone know if Montreal is happy with this latest generation of NovaBus 40' models?

I know there were issues with the first couple of generations. I'm rooting for Nova to succeed in NYC. I'm very impressed with the artics on the M15 SBS.

Same thing happened to MTS when NJT killed their RTS order.

That is what I like to hear. Nova could add more buses to their schedule right after the 90 test fleet. They have a couple of small orders right after the test fleet, but are waiting confirmation for other orders and am sure they would love more business from the MTA.

Support Nova because it is in NY and needs the work for it's employees. They are currently only working 3 days a week.

My vote would be for 90 LFS Hybrids to directly replace the order.

On the flipside, the Designlines were one very solid and high quality bus with the build quality of an LFS/LFSA because both buses basically glide over bumps and such and takes them like a champ, it was the turbine that made it fail. Had they decided to go Diesel with them, they would've worked a lot better. Plus you'd see them haters doing cartwheels cause its a diesel bus.

True. But I think the program could have even survived if the bus had an Allison or BAE system.

We already have clean diesels coming. We may as well test some hybrids!

Meh...the city's already inundated with hybrids as it is though :-/

However a CNG version of the LFS would be nice. Do you know if the Nova is in the process of making a CNG LFS to come out in the near future?

However a CNG version of the LFS would be nice. Do you know if the Nova is in the process of making a CNG LFS to come out in the near future?

It won't be long till we see the first set of hybrids gone from service, which is my favorite batch, the 6365-6489 batch

I don't know about the CNG. But for the time being we could test some hybrids. Thats the future anyway. Trust and believe this straight diesel thing is just a phase. The original test fleets from Orion and Flyer were going to be hybrid. Not to mention we are demo testing a Flyer hybrid right now.

It won't be long till we see the first set of hybrids gone from service, which is my favorite batch, the 6365-6489 batch

What they should do with those is replace all the batteries with lithium ions when they expire. However I know the TA recently awarded a contact for maintenance & fleet support specifically for that batch.

As far as I know there has been no discussion at Nova about a CNG version. Currently working on Hybrid LFSA for Connecticut later this year. However anything is possible. How many CNG does NYC have in it's fleet?

I don't know about the CNG. But for the time being we could test some hybrids. Thats the future anyway. Trust and believe this straight diesel thing is just a phase. The original test fleets from Orion and Flyer were going to be hybrid. Not to mention we are demo testing a Flyer hybrid right now.

If the TA is interested in Hybrids, they should contact Nova now, they are considering pulling some hybrid demos from the schedule. If they act now, Nova could start building within roughly 90 days. Sure it would take the TA longer than that to decide, but it is worth a shot.

As far as I know there has been no discussion at Nova about a CNG version. Currently working on Hybrid LFSA for Connecticut later this year. However anything is possible. How many CNG does NYC have in it's fleet?

Around 600 or so, just a rough estimate. These do not include the LIB units.

We also have 549 CNG's coming (inc. options), so we won't be needing anymore of them until at least 2016.

What is the beef with hybrids? I don't get it.

I could be wrong but I think busfans don't like the fact that they don't have transmissions and they don't shift gears like a CNG/Diesel bus does, therefore they probably find them boring. On Auto message boards people hate on hybrid cars too lol.

Archived