Subway Update

R32 3838

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are still getting SMS:

http://nycsubway.org/perl/show?110376

This is why I think that R46 to SI is full of crap.

It might not be. Sure, SI cars see less wear and tear than the main line's, but not all may be SMS'ed. They may have a mix. as far as the amount of cars (64), those may be "earmarked" incase the 44SI's, SMS or not, dont make it to the next car order.

remember, SMS doesnt mean they keep em. R32s were suppose to be gone, now they wont be until 2012

The R32's are NOT Banned from the (E), The Last SMEE on the (E) was an R32 back in september, Jamaica can put those R32's on any line they want, They just want them to be assigned to the (V) for Now.

And Yes those (64 R46's) Will go to SIR to replace those R44's, It was a stupid decision made by the TA, They wasted Money fixing those cars and now they will go bye bye as well.

As for the R42's, Don't be surpised if they are back on the (:o, The main reason why Im saying this because CI is the only yard that would want the R42's, Those 14 R42 were going to go back to Jamaica but the Yard supt. Said No, 207th don't need them and ENY is getting 32 more R160's. So there will be a total of 46 R42's that would be free.

And June 28th will be the day the New Pick is in effect so It would be in at the very end of june that the (V) will go to metroplitan.

Actually, the General Manager of the Jamaica Yard lines wanted 60fters on the (V) since the (V) is only part time.

64 R46s to SIR, right, I rather wait till a higher up or someone with knowledge confirms this. If those cars are undergoing SMS as we speak, I doubt those R46s are going anywhere for the time being.

ENY getting R32s, really? when? in 2015? It wouldnt make sense for them to get R32s considering that the CBTC R160A order is coming right around the corner....

I rather do the "Lets wait and see" process instead of blurting out things that may or may not happen.

I rather do the "Lets wait and see" process instead of blurting out things that may or may not happen.

There's no harm it letting others know what might happen. It makes everything a little more interesting.

There's no harm it letting others know what might happen. It makes everything a little more interesting.

True, although, there are times when people post things and it never happens, most of the time its just pure speculation.

True, although, there are times when people post things and it never happens, most of the time its just pure speculation.

Everything is speculation... until it happens. Plus, I have already heard alot of what was he had posted before from people in the know.

Everything is speculation... until it happens. Plus, I have already heard alot of what was he had posted before from people in the know.

Exactly. If there is someone who will feed misconstrued information, don't follow them. Simple as that. Things do fall under a "subject to change" stance, so the NY Times could gather leaked info about the status of the cars, and mind you, they're a reliable source.

Things do change so it's inevitable. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't then don't necessarily go off a tangent and flame a person if they're wrong because plans do change.

6170-6258 is going to stay at pitkin for now

ALL SELECTED R46'S FROM JAMAICA WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO PITKIN AND THEN TO 207ST YARD FOR (A) LINE SERVICE. who started that non sense of a rumor that R46's are going to the SIR??? those R44's will stay there until the R46 transfers to the (A) is complete.

ALL SELECTED R46'S FROM JAMAICA WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO PITKIN AND THEN TO 207ST YARD FOR (A) LINE SERVICE. who started that non sense of a rumor that R46's are going to the SIR??? those R44's will stay there until the R46 transfers to the (A) is complete.

It's not a nonsense rumor, there's talk about it going on in the TA so don't blame the OP for sharing the info because it's not BS.

6170-6258 is staying at pitkin yard for now. as more R46's head to Pitkin it's possibly a few R46s may show up on the (C) one day if pitkin is getting 432 cars.

V line won't get R160s until junly 2010.

those R32s at Jamiaca will stay they could either (F) or (R) lines, they're bannded from (E)

Wow, I didn't know they were banned from the (E). I like new stuff, I'm happy to hear that.

Actually, the General Manager of the Jamaica Yard lines wanted 60fters on the (V) since the (V) is only part time.

64 R46s to SIR, right, I rather wait till a higher up or someone with knowledge confirms this. If those cars are undergoing SMS as we speak, I doubt those R46s are going anywhere for the time being.

ENY getting R32s, really? when? in 2015? It wouldnt make sense for them to get R32s considering that the CBTC R160A order is coming right around the corner....

I didn't say R32's are going to ENY, They don't need them and half of their R42's will be somewhere else.

And about the 60 footers part, That's not true, The MAIN Reason Why the (V) had the R32,R40M's and R42's along with the (R) was Because the New Queens Bivd GM wanted ALL the Newer equipment on the (E)/(F) Lines and the Oldest Equipment on the ®/(V).

Wrong Again, 5790 and up will go to pitkin, And I hope they do keep the R46's 6170-6258, the R46 to SI is just Talk right Now.

I didn't say R32's are going to ENY, They don't need them and half of their R42's will be somewhere else.

And about the 60 footers part, That's not true, The MAIN Reason Why the (V) had the R32,R40M's and R42's along with the (R) was Because the New Queens Bivd GM wanted ALL the Newer equipment on the (E)/(F) Lines and the Oldest Equipment on the ®/(V).

That and how they wanted to put them on part time lines, so that they can be sent to 207th right after they are done with their service, (R) being part time in Queens along with the (V) being part time in general.

It's not a CBTC order. 8313-8376 are equipped with CBTC, and 9943-9972 will just be normal 4-car sets which should be coming in by as early as next week...

So SIR will be moving up to R46s from their R44s! Sweet! :tup:

Nothing is set in stone.

Wow, I didn't know they were banned from the (E). I like new stuff, I'm happy to hear that.

They're not banned from the (E).

What are you talking about? No car type can be banned from any line, unless the divisions restrict them (e.g. A Division cars cannot enter B Division territory...in regular service, and vice-versa, which is impossible. And of course, the 75-footers from the Eastern Division due to clearance restrictions.

But isn't is true that one car type isn't allowed on the (N) because of an "incident" at Eighth Avenue?

I heard the same rumor...some old woman had an incident with an R32, causing them to be pulled from the line. They were put back on later.

The only way a car type can be "banned" from a line per se is if the routing of the line and its obstacles make it impossible for the car type to operate it successfully.

Archived