Uggliest Car??

Robert Bosco

I think the R40M's and R42's are the fugliest of them all.

lol!

lol squared!:)

I Have to say the R142/R142A's are the most unattractive cars. However, I must say if the BMT Q Type and Bluebirds were still in service, they would be the ugliest.

once you think about it, the 142/143/160's are kinda ugly too with their purple chairs!!! out of all colors, PURPLE!

Where do you see purple? It sort of has the look, but it doesn't stand out as purple so scratch that from that from the color list. It stands out more of blue.

R38 IMO. Dimmed lights just like the R44s, Cold interior makes things look unwelcoming and unsafe, the only GOOD thing is the RFW.

The one thing I like is that they are the last remaining cars active in the subway to have rolling stock number fonts just like the R33s.

Error you are color blind. THEY ARE COLORED PERIWINKLE!

PERIWINKLE? 162.gif

The ugliest to me is the hands down the slants. Just absolutely hideous. For those of you insulting my hungry-hungry heepos, and the NTT cars you all let them alone. I like the look of the R: 44, 46, 62, 62A, 68, 68A, 142, 124A, 143, 160A, and160B.

Though I love the way they run, the R38's look kind of funny with the odd outline around the flipdot sign, and the big seal up front.

However, they do get points for the unique pantograph gates, and the cool font on the car signs. Personally, I like them because mechanically they are the closest thing remaining to the redbirds that is still in active revenue service.

I'd say that the R142/A's are the ugliest, because of the colors of the seats and the "multi-bar" railings at the end of the benches. Also, the red and black car ends at the operating positions make the train look like a raccoon.

Also, the red and black car ends at the operating positions make the train look like a raccoon.

They should of done it like the R110A. Black up top, and leave the area around the headlights stainless steel. That way it would look similar to the R62/As.

Archived