Breaking news on the JG Orion CNG

tkx2510

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I thought all the 9900s had hard seats?

IIRC all the 99xx's had soft seats...but there's no bus at all that's numbered 9900 for some reason

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

IIRC all the 99xx's had soft seats...but there's no bus at all that's numbered 9900 for some reason

9900 was a couple demo for NYCT (was DesignLine demo). All 9900's did not have soft seat, only those numbered above 9931 (not include 9931).

9900 was a couple demo for NYCT (was DesignLine demo). All 9900's did not have soft seat, only those numbered above 9931 (not include 9931).

Ooooooooo ok

Ive Been saying this for years now..............CP is a junk yard.....If the MTA has junk you got it.....we will get it!! End of story!

Was it this bad during the QS days? I never thought of that depot as that bad or then again it didn't seem that bad compared to the likes of ex-TBC and ex-GL.

College Point never looked like a junk depot to me, all those Orion V CNGs run hard! And it's got excellent drivers! We all should be dissing LGA damnit!

Those ex-Jackie Gleason V CNGs are allright, I rode 603 on the way home from work Monday morning and they appear to be in okay condition! My only problem with those is how some of them have the shittiest of pickups, on 603 I could literally hear the gas pedal hitting the floor when the driver was taking off, after the delayed moment the bus picks up as normal like nothing happened... It was odd

College Point never looked like a junk depot to me, all those Orion V CNGs run hard! And it's got excellent drivers! We all should be dissing LGA damnit!

Those ex-Jackie Gleason V CNGs are allright, I rode 603 on the way home from work Monday morning and they appear to be in okay condition! My only problem with those is how some of them have the shittiest of pickups, on 603 I could literally hear the gas pedal hitting the floor when the driver was taking off, after the delayed moment the bus picks up as normal like nothing happened... It was odd

Keep in mind that a vast majority of those bus operators hate these buses, especially those who took them out on the express.

What's wrong with the New Flyer buses from Jackie Gleason depot? I ride them often on the (B8) and (B35), and they seen good as ever. But I don't know that much about bus mechanics.

Take a look at the frame holding the windshields. They're basically popping out.

Did Jackie Gleason get rid of all Orion V CNG? Then that means they now only have, New Flyer LF & Orion VII CNG.

The ones that they had owned since all went to CP. They still have some of CP's CNGs. (ex-QSC)

Sadly NF and the MTA had a fallout and the last NF LFs you'll see are the ones in Brooklyn [at their age, they'll likely retire there].

Well New Flyer is trying to get back in business with the MTA...which I really hope does happen.

Archived