MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

...so you're saying an XD40 is like some sort of super extended car or something?

Any ADB syle vehicle (with the body consisting mostly of glass and fiberglass on thin bulkeads) and four stroke engines is basically an extended car! Not what was called a "bus" when I was growing up!

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious: when are the Xcelsior artics other than 4710 going to be released for service? I did not see any in service today nor did I track any other than 4710 on BusTime.

They're already been in service, only ones at KB are 4710, 13, 16 (vendor) & 4722. 4718 was on the BX41 earlier, Idk about 4713 or 22.

I personally rode 4716 and 4718 and saw 4722 in service over the course of the last 3 days.

How do you think it would look? Like a regular LFS .....

Um, I think he's is referring to if they repair was done well or not as some buses come back from a major accident with a shoddy repair job.

Well, I found out the official reason why Flatbush is losing a good bit of our 9600s to Flatbush -- it has to do with the mileage put on the buses, and Flatbush is pretty much wearing them out with the routes we operate, so moving them to Ulmer Park will be suitable maintenance wise during the final duration of their lifespan. The only line that will be putting those buses to heavy usage now is the B6.

Well, I found out the official reason why Flatbush is losing a good bit of our 9600s to Flatbush -- it has to do with the mileage put on the buses, and Flatbush is pretty much wearing them out with the routes we operate, so moving them to Ulmer Park will be suitable maintenance wise during the final duration of their lifespan. The only line that will be putting those buses to heavy usage now is the B6.

i see cause if im not mistaken in one of the other threads you mentioned that your depot has at least 3 of the top bus routes in ridership right and they are very heavily utilized am i right?

Surprised that they didn't move 9569-9572 to UP. I spotted 9570 and 9572 on the 46 on Thursday and yesterday, unless those went back to Fresh Pond or to UP. The 4900's are a great pick up for FB, along with the 50xx and 51xx buses puts FB with reasonable aging of buses. Now that the 58xx buses are possibly here to stay along with the delivery of 5324-5363, FB looks very bright for 2013.

Question: FB has lines that stretches from nearly one end of the borough to another but mainly 4 of them and 2 smaller lines. This compared to other depots with multiple lines, but some mid length or short. So wouldn't that sorta balance out or are we talking about the continuous runs without breaks on the B41/44/46 lines being the reason the 9600s can't run on them anymore?

Surprised that they didn't move 9569-9572 to UP. I spotted 9570 and 9572 on the 46 on Thursday and yesterday, unless those went back to Fresh Pond or to UP. The 4900's are a great pick up for FB, along with the 50xx and 51xx buses puts FB with reasonable aging of buses. Now that the 58xx buses are possibly here to stay along with the delivery of 5324-5363, FB looks very bright for 2013.

In many cases buses are moved around due to mileage, esp. the old ones.