MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

8681 is apparently  at FP from KB Depot...

My only guess is there has to be a GO going on this weekend in the Brooklyn Division to have that go down to Fresh Pond or heading to ENY or GA CMF for maintenance.  These swaps are getting very weird especially NYCT side.

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

My only guess is there has to be a GO going on this weekend in the Brooklyn Division to have that go down to Fresh Pond or heading to ENY or GA CMF for maintenance.  These swaps are getting very weird especially NYCT side.

I could be wrong tbh It could be a XD40 which ofc could be a glitch just like 8704.

7 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I could be wrong tbh It could be a XD40 which ofc could be a glitch just like 8704.

u might be correct. Just did a bit of research on 8704.. For the last 4 hours, it's showing that it's on the B6... Rather confusing if u ask me. But the travel time from Mariners Harbor to Bay Ridge is roughly 45 mins to 1 hour (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. Staten Island ops please), but from Bay Ridge to Canarsie is a good 90 mins, but it's showing it deadheaded to 86th and Bay Pkwy. So, from this I think it is a glitch and bus is still in Staten Island.

Edited by Future ENY OP

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

u might be correct. Just did a bit of research on 8704.. For the last 4 hours, it's showing that it's on the B6... Rather confusing if u ask me. But the travel time from Mariners Harbor to Bay Ridge is roughly 45 mins to 1 hour (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. Staten Island ops please), but from Bay Ridge to Canarsie is a good 90 mins, but it's showing it deadheaded to 86th and Bay Pkwy. So, from this I think it is a glitch and bus is still in Staten Island.

While improbable, it is not impossible that the bus actually could have gone from Yukon to Ulmer Park via the Belt and then entered B6 service... RTSes have done the reverse from UP to Yukon as recently as 2014/15 IINM. 

We’ll have to see what route it shows up on in the morning. If it is actually there, I’d love to see it on the B64.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Also quoting:

"u might be correct. Just did a bit of research on 8704.. For the last 4 hours, it's showing that it's on the B6... Rather confusing if u ask me. But the travel time from Mariners Harbor to Bay Ridge is roughly 45 mins to 1 hour (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. Staten Island ops please), but from Bay Ridge to Canarsie is a good 90 mins, but it's showing it deadheaded to 86th and Bay Pkwy. So, from this I think it is a glitch and bus is still in Staten Island".

As of:

Current time: 1:46:55AM: Vehicle 8704 on route S40-St. George - Goethals Rd North going ←Matrix Pt Rich Terr via Gulf Av Arlngton past Admin Parking Lot on Goethals Rd N Last seen 11:35

Very hard to follow. B6 is serviced by the UP depot, while the S40 line at which your bus, 8704 is currently burning midnight oil by CAS. But geographically these depots are not that far from each other. So perhaps 8704 was indeed loaned out to CP to sweat its wheels off on the very demanding B6 route. Also, 86th and Bay Pkwy are very close to the entrance to the Belt Pkwy, where I often see all kinds of buses and coaches. Very close to the Verrazano Bridge. And for me the Belt is the only place to see the MCI coaches, most likely from SC, since UP is 100% Prevost.

2 hours ago, MHV NG 3952 M11 said:

I knew this would happen. 3999, and 4232-4233 are next to leave MHV. I feel 4413 and 4416 might at some point as well. Maybe even 4580-4581

U the same kid that said nothing was going to Flatbush.  Proof is in the pudding. TA is sending these NG’s to the Brooklyn Division and that includes Flatbush and Grand.