MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

You see the buses with the license plates missing, those are the buses that are TRULY dead and gone. Buses with plates can be either moved or reactivated thus aren't completely on the retired list yet and considered in the MTA database as an active bus.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a loaner I believe.

I D K, Database shows it as an in service bus still, the big question is, does it still have plates on it.

[quote name=MTA Bus' timestamp='1344174681' post='566254]

College Point has a NovaBus ? Is this temporary or what ?

Nova RTS & Orions from LGA go to CP for transmission work, 9308 is there for a trans. seal leak.

MTA Bus Operations Depot Roster, Updated as of August 5th @ 9:25AM with the most current information available...

http://www.ttmg.org/...ns_Depot_Roster

Roster looks good as always, just one question, would you know the whereabouts of 8796? I've been seeing it listed as an ENY bus which I find a little hard to believe.

Roster looks good as always, just one question, would you know the whereabouts of 8796? I've been seeing it listed as an ENY bus which I find a little hard to believe.

It is at ENY. I spotted that bus on the B65 last night at Bergen and Flatbush.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

C40 987 is still in service it's not scrap at least not yet! I saw it on the 43. it said on the scrap list that 987 is pending scrap it's not. 810 is not either.

Yes, any buses for scrap have to approved by the CMO's office (Chief Maintainence Officer). The request for has to come from the resident depots' GS Maint. and then evaluated by customer service/DTS (Department of Techinical Services)if any reason to scrap the bus is valid before it is approved for scrap. The big reasons to scrap a bus is structure or bad engine, oddly enough a transmission does always make a bus scrap regardless of age. I know of buses that have had trans. failures require replacement and the trans. was replaced only to have lets say a level 3 bulkhead crack discovered less than a month later, and that would knock the bus down and approved for scrap.

Edited by TheHat

Yes, any buses for scrap have to approved by the CMO's office (Chief Maintainence Officer). The request for has to come from the resident depots' GS Maint. and then evaluated by customer service/DTS (Department of Techinical Services)if any reason to scrap the bus is valid before it is approved for scrap. The big reasons to scrap a bus is structure or bad engine, oddly enough a transmission does always make a bus scrap regardless of age. I know of buses that have had trans. failures require replacement and the trans. was replaced only to have lets say a level 3 bulkhead crack discovered less than a month later, and that would knock the bus down and approved for scrap.

So that means that 987 was retired by the CMO? Cuz I just saw that bus and it had a great sounding engine/ trans and it looked in good condition? Maybe it was retired but then placed back to service? Maybe the engine/trans was replaced same as 810 and I think that 971 was placed back to service as well. Please reply I am interested thanks!

C40 987 is still in service it's not scrap at least not yet! I saw it on the 43. it said on the scrap list that 987 is pending scrap it's not. 810 is not either.

Yeah 987 is still running , 810 is facing the gate .

Woahh woahh woahhh as of 7:00 pm 4 c40lfs coming dowwn west shore expressway....staten island toward verrazano...u might catch them at verrazano.... 442 444 447 448

Wow 444 , ive been waiting for that # it seems interesting .

So that means that 987 was retired by the CMO? Cuz I just saw that bus and it had a great sounding engine/ trans and it looked in good condition? Maybe it was retired but then placed back to service? Maybe the engine/trans was replaced same as 810 and I think that 971 was placed back to service as well. Please reply I am interested thanks!

971 is still oos * so is 810 . You didnt see 810 , you probbaly saw 910 but 810 is facing the gate oos.

Keep hearing that Stengel is gonna be getting a lot more artics going forward. Q12 starting in the winter pick will be an artic line. Also have heard several times either splitting the q27 with qv depot or Stengel getting the whole route. Eventually there are plans to make it an all artic depot which is cool with me cause I enjoy driving it. So the questions I have are where r they getting these artics for the q12? Will they be new buses or maybe used liked the 1's I see in storage across from wf depot. And the other question is obviously the q13,q16 ,20a/b ,26,31,48,76 definitely don't need artics. A case could b made for the 15,28,32. Which means that there will b lines swapped between depots. So maybe we get the 17,27,46,66,88?

But the buses facing the gate especially 810,880,and 960 still got a chance in service cuz they still got their liscence plates on them right? Plus 989 got sent to eastchester scrap? Wow I thought that bus was a good one sad to see these go knowing that the mta aint gonna preserve any ;(

Btw is 933 OOS at JG?

Ok I'm starting at the following buses now: 810,846,912,880,918,982,936,837,986,960,886 & 963 they aren't scrapped they still have the plates on them just no fare boxes I looked at the buses wrong , they switch them up and move more in the o/s area every week so my mistake . Those still have the plates & 837 is on the lift now being worked on that one has the fare box in them . As the week goes on I will post more details on these buses as to if they're going To be scrapped or not .

Ok I'm starting at the following buses now: 810,846,912,880,918,982,936,837,986,960,886 & 963 they aren't scrapped they still have the plates on them just no fare boxes I looked at the buses wrong , they switch them up and move more in the o/s area every week so my mistake . Those still have the plates & 837 is on the lift now being worked on that one has the fare box in them . As the week goes on I will post more details on these buses as to if they're going To be scrapped or not .

Ok that will be helpful I would die to see 880 one last time though that bus is unique to me. Who knows maybe 880 and some others might get new fareboxes and run until their death.

Ok that will be helpful I would die to see 880 one last time though that bus is unique to me. Who knows maybe 880 and some others might get new fareboxes and run until their death.

880 was supposed to be scrapped a long time ago it had a blown turbo so they were going to get rid of it but they fixed it because they wre short , it says o/s on the window & no fb . They haven't taken the plates off just yet but they will get to it . So it won't run again , It is listed oos due to high mileage so it says mileage hold on the sheet .

I guess that all of the c40's enlisted with liscence plates that are OOS won't get another chance right? So there won't be any preserved c40's I guess right? One more question, how long does anyone think the old c40's stay until there is only one left? I thought that these c40's were given certified tanks to last up to 15 years!!?

Edited by mta B43

I guess that all of the c40's enlisted with liscence plates that are OOS won't get another chance right? So there won't be any preserved c40's I guess right? One more question, how long does anyone think the old c40's stay until there is only one left? I thought that these c40's were given certified tanks to last up to 15 years!!?

Depends on how old the tanks are---801, the first bus, was pulled because its tanks expired. These buses probably only have a year or so left on their tanks. I do hope that one is re-tanked and preserved.