MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8785 was in service for the Bx23 along with 8798. These were never in storage from what I know.

Oh , Someone told me they came from storage , i heard we are getting some more . 8785 is good

They got some 98s and 99s... 9488-9489, 9492 5024-5025 etc.

I heard we might get 1 or 2 more .

This makes NO sense!!! Ulmer is about to get what ever the amount of buses its needs and yet they still get 1996s. smh.

Lol , we need to keep these rts . But they are trying to make them last until the lfs come in .

I was informed yesterday that ulmer park might get one 9300 from lga ( dont know witch # ) & u.p might get another 8900 B) , but the only routes we have are the b1 , b3 , b6 , b3k , x28 , b64 & x27 , we dont need all these buses , like for what reason and i ride by in the morning , lunch time , & towards 5 before the major pull in time , but they put every express bus on the x28 like alll of them are out they put them 3 minutes apart so in the morning and after noon they are back to back non stop until about say 7ish , because thats pull in time and the line is long , & we have alot of buses sitting inside , i would like to see the whole building empty

Remember, just because a depot has only a few lines, doesn't mean they don't need the buses...the B6 alone has I think 104 runs.....Then you have the next heaviest line, which is the B36 with I believe 50 runs.....and you have school runs on top of school runs.....trust me, they need the buses....then you have to put in consideration that buses break down.

About to, in a month or two....so it makes sense

Also, I don't think UP is gettin only 30 LFSs.....last I heard, there is gonna be I believe the whole set going to UP, but then I am hearing QV is getting a bunch too, so it isn't certain as to how many UP will be getting...they haven't had a fleet of brand new buses since 1996 when 9077-9110 and 9295-9344 came in.....everything else was hand me downs

5025 is at ulmer park , seen by me on the b6 , look for pictures on thread called " Codebreaking Part 2 . 9101 is scrap now she had her last run on 1.23.10 .

Friday during my RTS wheelchair training at Ulmer Park, there was a burnt up RTS being towed to it's death, I am not sure if it was 9099 or this 9246 (first time I am hearing of this one burning up, it was a POS anyways) but I asked the guy that works the yeard and he said the compressor blew up in it, which caused the fire.....but again, I am not sure which bus it was......what happened with that 9421?or23.... as well as 9101?

Remember, just because a depot has only a few lines, doesn't mean they don't need the buses...the B6 alone has I think 104 runs.....Then you have the next heaviest line, which is the B36 with I believe 50 runs.....and you have school runs on top of school runs.....trust me, they need the buses....then you have to put in consideration that buses break down.

Yea your right , i posted this along time ago , we got 8907 & another 8900 & we had 9326 but it only stayed for 2 days and its at ech now i dont know what happened . But yea your right the heaviest line is B6 , B36 , B1 , B3 & then B74 . B6 Probably moves about over 1,000 people a day its stops at every bus stop . Its a 3 hr ride long .

Ur right....I believe 8798 came from storage but 8785 was NEVER in storage....that was fresh from the ECH depot, not storage yard

Yea 8798 came from storage so i was thinking 8785 came from there too ?

Also, I don't think UP is gettin only 30 LFSs.....last I heard, there is gonna be I believe the whole set going to UP, but then I am hearing QV is getting a bunch too, so it isn't certain as to how many UP will be getting...they haven't had a fleet of brand new buses since 1996 when 9077-9110 and 9295-9344 came in.....everything else was hand me downs

Online it said that ulmer park will get some , flatbush , qv & another depot but i forgot .

9083 was Out of Service?! No Wonder why i haven't seen it!!!! Thats 1 good ass bus!

Yes it was out of service for almost 2 months , then it went back into service the other week & now its taken back out & it went to ech , that bus had alot of problems , i tried to start it when it was broken , it started & turned off i dont know what happened to it . It had a hole on the side like 9085 & it was dirty & dusty like alot of dust on the window & everything .

Friday during my RTS wheelchair training at Ulmer Park, there was a burnt up RTS being towed to it's death, I am not sure if it was 9099 or this 9246 (first time I am hearing of this one burning up, it was a POS anyways) but I asked the guy that works the yeard and he said the compressor blew up in it, which caused the fire.....but again, I am not sure which bus it was......what happened with that 9421?or23.... as well as 9101?

It was 9246 , & you might be a bus driver? Goodluck buddy , 9421 was out of service also but it only worked for 2 more days & now its gone . as far as 9101 i dont know what happened to it , So 9246's compressor blew up , ive been trying to find out what happened to it but i couldnt get a chance to ask . What depot would you pick ?

Damn @ some of the issues that UP 96 Novas been having! Am I the only one getting the impression that these buses are not nearly as tough as the old GMC RTSs were? With that fire on 9099 and the stuff posted above its :eek::eek::eek:

Yea 9246 ended up the same way 9099 did , so i guess the compressor blew on the bus while it was in motion . 9099 caught fire on the B6 . These rts are having alot of problems though .

Damn @ some of the issues that UP 96 Novas been having! Am I the only one getting the impression that these buses are not nearly as tough as the old GMC RTSs were? With that fire on 9099 and the stuff posted above its :eek::eek::eek:

This is 2011. The buses are from 1996.

That's 15 year old buses running amongst the harshest conditions in the country, long hours of service everyday, plus needed for weekend subway GO bustitutions.

A bus is a machine and machines eventually wear out.

I heard Grand Avenue has about 145 buses since they lost their 8900s to West Farms and Queens Village

not to be rude,

Grand Av has 133 buses now subtracting 145 to 12

Its now 94xx, 95xx RTS and 45xx, 4701-4702 NGs

Edited by Calvin