MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's two 96 Novas from FLA @ ECH, 9075 and IIRC, 8801. 9087 from UP is there as well. they looked to be partially cannibalized so I doubt there coming back.

We had 9087 last month but it left , well we had it then it went to flatbush then came back to us and now its @ flatbush again . What route did you see it on ? Because i could of sworn i saw it last week on the B1 . We have 9084 , 9085 , 9086 , 9088 & thats it . & i know we had it lastmonth because i go to ulmer park every single day including saturdays & sundays . and i saw it in the front .

We had 9087 last month but it left , well we had it then it went to flatbush then came back to us and now its @ flatbush again . What route did you see it on ? Because i could of sworn i saw it last week on the B1 . We have 9084 , 9085 , 9086 , 9088 & thats it . & i know we had it lastmonth because i go to ulmer park every single day including saturdays & sundays . and i saw it in the front .

I seen the three buses I mentioned dead in ECH in the Bronx, 8801 was in the lot next to I-95 so its wrap for that one, 9075 and 9087 are in the other lot but there clearly missing parts and most likely are retired for good. I know it went to FLA went the 3900s came and UP and FLA swaped the ZFs for the 9000s. Then it came back to Ulmer Park and died there.

I seen the three buses I mentioned dead in ECH in the Bronx, 8801 was in the lot next to I-95 so its wrap for that one, 9075 and 9087 are in the other lot but there clearly missing parts and most likely are retired for good. I know it went to FLA went the 3900s came and UP and FLA swaped the ZFs for the 9000s. Then it came back to Ulmer Park and died there.

Oh , good thing about working with mta is you can go to any garage , even ech . By time i get there which should be in 4-6 years probably everything will still be there or gone .

Flatbush isn't getting anything since they got 3 seperate batches of NGs, 2 of them they still have. The 3 depots at the top of the list for new buses (40' diesels) is Ulmer Park, Queens Village & Fresh Pond

Ok there is an order of 90 LFS buses coming in......Ulmer Park is getting 30, QV is getting 30, and Charleston is getting 30!! I believe Charleston is the 1st to get their set as they are always "top priority", followed by Ulmer park, then QV

Ok there is an order of 90 LFS buses coming in......Ulmer Park is getting 30, QV is getting 30, and Charleston is getting 30!! I believe Charleston is the 1st to get their set as they are always "top priority", followed by Ulmer park, then QV

I disagree on the Charleston part. Although it is a new depot, and they are on the list, Fresh Pond is higher up on it than Charleston. Every single RTS that they have (with the exception of the 95xx's) are of retirement age. Also, although they did get a batch of OGs back in 2004-2005, that number was cut in half once Grand Ave opened. IMO, Charleston is right behind the "big 3" that I mentioned earlier.

But at the same time, we have Novas, New Flyers & Orions comming in all at once so who knows where all of them is gonna go

I disagree on the Charleston part. Although it is a new depot, and they are on the list, Fresh Pond is higher up on it than Charleston. Every single RTS that they have (with the exception of the 95xx's) are of retirement age. Also, although they did get a batch of OGs back in 2004-2005, that number was cut in half once Grand Ave opened. IMO, Charleston is right behind the "big 3" that I mentioned earlier.

But at the same time, we have Novas, New Flyers & Orions comming in all at once so who knows where all of them is gonna go

Your right , or it can go like this " Ulmer park , Charleston & Then Qv , Qv is gonna be last so it can either be A.) Ulmer park , charleston , qv or B.) Charleston , Ulmer park , qv .

This is not a transfer but its 1 question:

Why cant 4300-4314 go to Castleton but sent to Charleston from Yukon?

Fleet age, the newest and youngest buses thats at Castleton are the NGs, sending the 4300s over there would make the depot's fleet age unbalanced. Plus Castleton (or Charleston) is in line for Prevosts.

just to bring something about why the '96 RTS' are bad...a guy that I know that works the b1 had the b1 then the b3 last week friday nite...and he had 9244...he said that 9244 docked out on him in the middle of the street on its on along avenue U on the 3..this is why those buses are no good for service..9244 idk what's been the situation with that bus but they keep breaking down all those buses they're getting too dam old for customer service

just to bring something about why the '96 RTS' are bad...a guy that I know that works the b1 had the b1 then the b3 last week friday nite...and he had 9244...he said that 9244 docked out on him in the middle of the street on its on along avenue U on the 3..this is why those buses are no good for service..9244 idk what's been the situation with that bus but they keep breaking down all those buses they're getting too dam old for customer service

Yea 9244 does break down alot , a friend of mine had that bus a few weeks ago i dont like it .

I got caught by surprise by 6009 on the Bx11 with fresh West Farms stickers, most likely kicked out 8946 out of west Farms the last RTS. I've been wondering if KB by any chance may be getting a new batch of buses, they have given up over half their Orion 5's in the past year had have gotten nothing in return.