MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds good, I have a question. These buses that the MTA have that are testing, will the MTA keep them even if they go with another order?

As far as I know the LFS, XD40, Orion 7 EPA 10 and Prevost X3-45s will be kept by the MTA and not returned to the MFG. The MTA did pay for the coaches.

Forgive me if someone mentioned it already, I was 'gone' for 2 wks.

Saw 5135 [the bus that seems to move around a lot] on the B41 on Tuesday. So I don't remember if it ever left or not, but it's here with FB depot stickers on it. Perhaps they have it back [if it left] due to the coming school semester?

Its been there for about a month now from QV I believe...

Thanks, time off made me forget about that. But it's back at FB. So I guess FB is gonna need it cuz schools are open now. Heh, I want 9696 back too. Lol :(

I really hope 5131-5134, 5136 + 5202-5204 come back into FLA from MJQ.. That swap didnt really make sense sometime in mid july, but hey this is the MTA were dealing with..

You can't have 9696 back b/c I got it on the Q43 and QV said you not getting it back lololol!

:angry tone: Why you...

Lol! But eventually it will have to go or some other newer RTS once the next batch of buses are headed for QV :(

Funny enough today I got a ride on 5135 n/b B41.

I really hope 5131-5134, 5136 + 5202-5204 come back into FLA from MJQ.. That swap didnt really make sense sometime in mid july, but hey this is the MTA were dealing with..

Very true. I would prefer FB be an all RTS depot [comprised of mostly the newer RTSs] and other depots takes the NGs. The whole fleet age 'average' deal is just crap.

If only there were more like 5227... I would love the fishbowls to be back. I don't really like the lf buses mainly because they aren't very good when there's a larger crowd. To me the RTS is the best thing running. O5s are ok, but I'd pick RTSs hands down. Fishbowls would be the only thing I'd place higher on my favs over an RTS.

I like the NG's in FLA because they remind me a bit of the fishbowls, which are really what belong there!

I totally agree. I also like the NG's in Flatbush. Not for only balancing the fleet age for the depot, but its prime busiest lines: B41/44/46/49 ALL use the NG's and there's cameras installed movement.