MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!!!! I have never heard such bull shit in my life!!!!!! Pardon my french. LGA getting CNGs??? Um lets see....... how about...... NO!!!!! As far as the CNG building at LGA, Its been demolished and repaved over. CNG for LGA is dead and buried. I cant stop laughing sorry!!!! Lets hope some more hybrid Junk (from LGA) makes their way to FR and to SC. BTW, Is FR short?

Edited by T J Trainman

Was he smoking anything at the time?
LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

Wait a minute, I have one more...LMAO!!!!!!

Um...50-99% not true? Really? Try 100% BULL!

Now I'm not going to get into this why LaGuardia can't deal with CNGs anymore. Some people who posted before kind of explained that issue.

Oh wait and this MUST be the best shit yet...Casey Stengel. As in FLUSHING depot receiving CNG buses? LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

Wait a minute...I know I have one more. LMAO!!!

You know, I've about laughed myself so hard that I can't type no more on this.

LMAO!!!!

Ok sorry but I have to respond to this because this is 100% false and w/e this person is (if this person actually exists) needs to stop telling people information that is clearly never going to happen. LGA got rid of they're CNG facility for a reason with no plans of converting to CNG. I believe College Point just recently upgraded they're CNG facility so why would they even consider doing getting rid of they're CNGs from there. Until someone from the MTA Bus ops mention this (in which I doubt it), this is 100% BS.

And getting back to the topic:

3526 is back at Far Rockaway (been back for 2 weeks) and was on the Q35 this afternoon. 3607 and 3671 are also at Far Rockaway (3607 was on the Q21 while 3671 was at the depot).

WOW!!!!!! I have never heard such bull shit in my life!!!!!! Pardon my french. LGA getting CNGs??? Um lets see....... how about...... NO!!!!! As far as the CNG building at LGA, Its been demolished and repaved over. CNG for LGA is dead and buried. I cant stop laughing sorry!!!! Lets hope some more hybrid Junk (from LGA) makes their way to FR and to SC. BTW, Is FR short?

Post's like these shut the thread down! It's good that 4P3607 did not reply.

@_@ Well at least its not on some foreign Brooklyn territory.

Whats next, sending this bus to CP? B)

I have recently heard from a CP bus driver (Edison) that someone told him from his depot that they might be doing this...

CP & LGA will totally switch their fleet (except for the express buses), meaning CNG's will be at LGA & hybrids/diesels at CP OR a bunch of CNG buses will be going to LGA and LGA will be getting a new CNG plant.

CS, and other depots may be getting C40LF's, and CP might not be getting any. Instead other depots would bump their buses to CP in place of the C40LF's.

---This is what I heard and is 50-99% not true---.

Hey Gordon, I'm not going to beat up on you, BUT you know this is 210% BS right?

There was rumors of LGA and CP swapping some more routes, but not fleets. Whoever this driver is just pulled your leg all the way to France.

Did they remove the whole system or just the surface equipment there could still be useable parts left. Not saying its ture but nobody though this 270 buses order would happen so don't rule it out yet.

That is NEVER going to happen though. LGA no longer has CNG capacity, and College Point will not be going to diesel.

We are talking about infrastructure here. Not a simple bus order. Besides, it it were anywhere remotely close to true, I would have heard about it long ago. But seeing as it's not even possible, is a different topic in itself.

Carry on with the topic. No need to even discuss this further because it couldn't be farther from the truth.

That is NEVER going to happen though. LGA no longer has CNG capacity, and College Point will not be going to diesel.

We are talking about infrastructure here. Not a simple bus order. Besides, it it were anywhere remotely close to true, I would have heard about it long ago. But seeing as it's not even possible, is a different topic in itself.

Carry on with the topic. No need to even discuss this further because it couldn't be farther from the truth.

Tru does anybody know if all the equipment was removed from LGA before u just say it a no go. Just because they repaved the spot where the station was does not mean all the equipment is gone.

Whats next, sending this bus to CP? ;)

I have recently heard from a CP bus driver (Edison) that someone told him from his depot that they might be doing this...

CP & LGA will totally switch their fleet (except for the express buses), meaning CNG's will be at LGA & hybrids/diesels at CP OR a bunch of CNG buses will be going to LGA and LGA will be getting a new CNG plant.

CS, and other depots may be getting C40LF's, and CP might not be getting any. Instead other depots would bump their buses to CP in place of the C40LF's.

That Really doesn't make any friggin sense

Whats next, sending this bus to CP? ;)

LGA would NEVER EVER switch there bus fleet with CP...

CS can't get C40's cause it's not a CNG depot...

did you really believe him... LOL

Well 8910 , 9085 , 9083 and 8931 all did their time they are on their way to ECh they all getting on the highway*to take the BQE to the grave yard . R.I.p their spirits shall live on :cry: .

What's the word with 5078-5124? Would those go to MJQ or Flatbush, in your opinion? on the next set of buses that get delivered to UP?

What's the word with 5078-5124? Would those go to MJQ or Flatbush, in your opinion? on the next set of buses that get delivered to UP?

Given the reports here about 5135 or such camera equipped RTSs going to Manhattan, I think FB should be given that batch back from Ulmer. That would be my opinion.

As for the return of the 700s to SC: What is going on here? CP not needing the buses anymore? And where will the OGs go to? FR and such?

Zf's going back to flatbush not gonna happen . Mjq was supposed to get some more zf's but i guess after all the 9xxx's and 8xxx's are pushed out then as we get more new buses by next year then some more will be in quill . But they aint going back to flatbush , the only reason why we got zf's are because the 9300s went to lga .

Why can't those ZF's go to FB? They had them before, it's not like they would go to some depot that had no experience with them. MJQ is taking back their camera equipped RTSs. FB has to get something back. I mean the only other option would be for wherever the 5000/5200s are in Manhattan to be sent back to FB. For all the long routes here, you can't expect an older bus to take a beating for long.

Why can't those ZF's go to FB? They had them before, it's not like they would go to some depot that had no experience with them. MJQ is taking back their camera equipped RTSs. FB has to get something back. I mean the only other option would be for wherever the 5000/5200s are in Manhattan to be sent back to FB. For all the long routes here, you can't expect an older bus to take a beating for long.

Because flatbush has hybrids , the only reason why they didnt keep their zfs are because ulmer park had 9300s brand new and management wanted to send them to lga , so flatbush got the hybrids and that pushed the zf's out and management wanted the zfs to go to ulmer park and i guess when we get more new buses more zfs will leave but not all of them , MJQ needs rts due to certain lines that they have because the hybrids cant handle them like the M72 .