MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5055-5074 didn't have the cameras on them.. and yes flatbush had the 5055-5074 line up in 2007/2008 before the transfer from MJQ

Only original MJQ: 5039-5054 + 5125-5144 + 5171-5204 Which flatbush has currently 97% of those buses. Only 3 buses remain at MJQ which are 5202-5204.

Thanks! this is awesome, I can totally see Ulmer's ZF RTSs [when the next bus order heads to UP] now going to manhattan with the arrivals of these current RTSs to FB.

=

Well I guess these sightings by me aren't exclusive, but just to confirm posts above:

Monday, Saw 5130 deadheading to the depot. Also I believe 5060 was on the B46 [passed by too fast for me to catch the numbers].

Thanks! this is awesome, I can totally see Ulmer's ZF RTSs [when the next bus order heads to UP] now going to manhattan with the arrivals of these current RTSs to FB.

=

Well I guess these sightings by me aren't exclusive, but just to confirm posts above:

Monday, Saw 5130 deadheading to the depot. Also I believe 5060 was on the B46 [passed by too fast for me to catch the numbers].

5130 never left FLA for destination MJQ. Only 5131-5134, 5136.

As of right now I can see that 5078-5099, and possibly up to 5124 are heading from UP to destination MJQ to join 5075-5077, who knows when the moves will begin. but right now MJQ losing buses left and right.

Shame to see all those buses go, but how'd it run? Last I saw 5057 at Quill it was falling apart, that bus seems long due for a rehab...

I had a hard time getting some juice for acceleration but once I got the momentum going it was pumping- no questions.

The kneel was a bit off though- it was raising back quietly for some reason. I only noticed this because after I finish loading the kneel light was already off, and just had to disengage the interlock and go. Pretty convenient in a way.

5402 to 100th Street, they're down to about 260 buses even at Quill. That's the lowest since 2009, I can't help but figure they're waiting on some buses.

I'm rather perplexed by this whole scenario. Could they have reduced/removed some runs or something of that sort? Though this also begs the question, why would Quill have 5400 and 5402 to begin with? They've had 5402 since late Spring and 5400 just recently. And I doubt they'd be short of artics

This would be asking for too much, but I would LOVE to see the 5171-5204 batch back at Quill.