MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a move, but 6893 and 6421 were involved in a minor accident, and while I didn't see any damage on 6421, 6893 will be briefly OOS as it lost a bumper.

WHAT?!?! God damn you QV GOD DAMN YOU!! Where was it?? Which bumper was lost?

I think it was on Main St. 6893 was probably waiting for the red light while 6421 turned out of the bus stop and hit 6893. Or did 6893 rear end 6421?

Any pictures?

GOD DAMNIT!! 6893 was the first decaled bus in CS...

:( :cry: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6421 is at MHV my man, it was in Midtown. Didn't see the accident, just the aftermath and a few angry B/Os. It could have just been 6893, but 6421 was out of service along side and there was a mechanic on board it. No pictures, just passed by it. The front bumper was broken off, very fixable.

Did it happen to be on Madison Ave?

Btw, which bus was in front?

I believe so. I've lost track of the buses that left over the summer, so anything in the 513x range is going to be 'new' to me.

It was dark, but i do believe the FB stickers were on. But at least it was running in service with ppl on it.

Gotcha.. also remember 5202-5204 also left the depot to destination MJQ. Something tells me they are coming back to FLA in the coming days or within the week. Now its getting rid of these 90xx, 91xx and 89xx, 88xx, and 87xx buses to unknown destinations.

Strange move: 3155 to Spring Creek. Spotted on the BM1 this evening.

How is that strange?

Keep ONE thing in mind guys, the NEW MCIs are coming soon and obviously the MTA is preparing for them. 66 MCIs for MTA Bus and of course the Prevost for NYCT. So any move that happens is not "TOTALLY" strange as far as the express fleet is concerned. Also, MTA Bus is rehabbing 46 MCIs so more moves need to happen to make the service.

Now a Nova going to Casey Stengel for service....now that's a strange move.