MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

MHV got 6690-6723 and 6746 from Quill earlier so I wouldn't bet on that, but the the 44xxs are a surprise. I'll have to do some digging tomorrow, I hadn't noticed yet and 3832 etc. are still at MHV.

It's funny, this is always when there's a decent sized bus switch, last year this time was when MHV got the 7 RTSes.

--

Other odd one, 5399 just got back to 100th today wearing Quill stickers, I guess that bus left and came back.

edit, question, why would Quill send brand buses to MHV? Balancing fleet age you'd send an RTS for an NG, but who knows.

Something tells me that Kingsbridge may be in the middle of this dispute b/c they have a good amount of 44xx buses that may warrant shipping to manhattan..

So i feel in this strange order of swapping buses will be the following

KB to MJQ ---> MJQ to MHV --->KB to 126th.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MHV got 6690-6723 and 6746 from Quill earlier so I wouldn't bet on that, but the the 44xxs are a surprise. I'll have to do some digging tomorrow, I hadn't noticed yet and 3832 etc. are still at MHV.

It's funny, this is always when there's a decent sized bus switch, last year this time was when MHV got the 7 RTSes.

--

Other odd one, 5399 just got back to 100th today wearing Quill stickers, I guess that bus left and came back.

edit, question, why would Quill send brand buses to MHV? Balancing fleet age you'd send an RTS for an NG, but who knows.

Something tells me that Kingsbridge may be in the middle of this dispute b/c they have a good amount of 44xx buses that may warrant shipping to manhattan..

Um...maybe. What was told me was that SOME of the 3800s from Manhattanville will go to MJQ. I would think that (and yes you did point this out), MV would get the remaining 6700s. MV already has BOTH #4429-4430 from MJQ for #3830-3831. Oh and to back-up MHV9218's statement, I saw #3832 on the M5 this evening traveling up 6th AV. UGH! Can't stand 6th Av.

Um...maybe. What was told me was that SOME of the 3800s from Manhattanville will go to MJQ. I would think that (and yes you did point this out), MV would get the remaining 6700s. MV already has BOTH #4429-4430 from MJQ for #3830-3831. Oh and to back-up MHV9218's statement, I saw #3832 on the M5 this evening traveling up 6th AV. UGH! Can't stand 6th Av.

I would say at least 10 to 15 buses being swapped between the two depots. I guess they are really prepping for SBS service and fast.

I would say at least 10 to 15 buses being swapped between the two depots. I guess they are really prepping for SBS service and fast.

They are definitely sure prepping for SBS to MJQ, will artics eventually be on the M34 & M34A?. I'm still skepitcal about this M34A, couldn't the (MTA) renumber the crosstown bus. Hope people don't get confused.

Just received a msg that 5062 has made it to FLATBUSH.

They are definitely sure prepping for SBS to MJQ, will artics eventually be on the M34 & M34A?. I'm still skepitcal about this M34A, couldn't the (MTA) renumber the crosstown bus. Hope people don't get confused.

So I guess this is the reason why Quill is losing RTSs to Flatbush...damn this SBS!!!

I did hope is that they put a few D60HFs on the SBS route, but I guess we'll see. These extra buses that they are getting from Mannyville should have SBS running like water along the M34 from what it seems like. I can imagine it now....a bus on every block...

So I guess this is the reason why Quill is losing RTSs to Flatbush...damn this SBS!!!

I did hope is that they put a few D60HFs on the SBS route, but I guess we'll see. These extra buses that they are getting from Mannyville should have SBS running like water along the M34 from what it seems like. I can imagine it now....a bus on every block...

I would say the same way about that for 34th Street! Wait till B44 gets SBS. RTS could get displaced to East NY, FP or Grand Ave. I'd rather they do the SBS on the B41 first I hope the B41 or 46 is in Phase 2 of this project. If some of those 57xx buses didn't get shipped to the BX, I'd say perfect idea to have some D60HF's on the 34, but let's see the outcome!

Would be nice if some of those LFSA made their way to Flatbush, the current ones from GH OR 126th at least for training before SBS hits Nostrand Ave. Is Nostrand Ave scheduled for 2012 or early 2013?

I would say the same way about that for 34th Street! Wait till B44 gets SBS. RTS could get displaced to East NY, FP or Grand Ave. I'd rather they do the SBS on the B41 first I hope the B41 or 46 is in Phase 2 of this project. If some of those 57xx buses didn't get shipped to the BX, I'd say perfect idea to have some D60HF's on the 34, but let's see the outcome!

Would be nice if some of those LFSA made their way to Flatbush, the current ones from GH OR 126th at least for training before SBS hits Nostrand Ave. Is Nostrand Ave scheduled for 2012 or early 2013?