MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As planned, NF Xcelsior #4810 @ Queens Village for Operator Training :eek: w/ EPA 10 Orion VII still @ Zerega pending acceptance. Give it about two weeks. :(:)

As of this afternoon:

4810 is still at Zerega, and will be for the remainder of this week and the weekend; EPA Orion hasn't arrived to Zerega yet.

Where'd you get that info from?

Way I figure the RTSes at QV and UP gotta go somewhere...

I think QV's 6400's will be placed elsewhere

Most Likeley:

ENY to replace their 1995/6 Novas

or

CS to replace their 600's (I doubt it)

or

MTA Bus Mainly Basiley Park and LGA to replace their ex BL 05's (this was a plan back in 2009 to replace the remaining 1990 TMC's (63/6400's) but i doubt this is happening as well)

or

even jamaica Depot ( I did see one in training in the spring of this year at Jamaica Depot) to replace some of their remaining older RTS

but I know QV will give up their Hybirds just to Balance the Fleet age

Most Likeley:

or

or

MTA Bus Mainly Basiley Park and LGA to replace their ex BL 05's (this was a plan back in 2009 to replace the remaining 1990 TMC's (63/6400's) but i doubt this is happening as well)

or

even jamaica Depot ( I did see one in training in the spring of this year at Jamaica Depot) to replace some of their remaining older RTS

I honestly doubt that they'll get rid of the hybrids. There is no point in sending them to ENY because they got 1998-1999 RTSs to balance it out. There is also no point in sending them to Casey Stengel because it'll make the fleet age too young and they already have the 98-99 Orion Vs to balance it out.

I honestly doubt that they'll get rid of the hybrids. There is no point in sending them to ENY because they got 1998-1999 RTSs to balance it out. There is also no point in sending them to Casey Stengel because it'll make the fleet age too young and they already have the 98-99 Orion Vs to balance it out.

Yeah.... we may as well just say bye-bye to the 95-97 RTS' @ QV during the holiday season. Not to mention the ones at UP and Castleton NGs continuing to move to Fresh Pond, I believe.....

wait a minute. Is that process still on the table?

I'm riding on bus 3171 on the BxM7 and the bus is from Spring Creek. In fact, the logo is still on the bus.

Its been in Eastchester for a few days now. That bus was also an original EC bus in 2006 when the takeover took place. also 3124 is there! So happens that 3155 is still at SC with Far rock decals.

Most Likeley:

or

or

or

I have a scenario of how all of this might turn out.

I will possibly be wrong with the analysis that I provide. Correction is kindly needed, and of course this will be subject to change until actual units are delivered.

I'll start with UP: (Involves FLA & MJQ)

UP has to replace 96 RTS. Those could more likely be heading to dumps at Eastchester. Also those 99 ZF RTS.. Those are heading to MJQ. All indications lead it could be the 5078-5124 group, 5024, 5025 to FLA.

As a result: Right now FLA has back 5055-5061 from MJQ, so once delivery commences, definitely the 5062-5074 group from MJQ is heading to FLA. DON'T QUOTE ME YET, but 5013-5023 (MAY BE HEADING TO FLA), and MJQ gets the 5078-5124 group. Right now: 5075-5077 at MJQ.

CAS (Involves FP)

This is a simple one.. up to 4019 wil be sent to FP from CAS. RIght now FP has 3965-3994 from CAS.

QV* (This is gonna be a hard one)..... Right now NO COMMENT on this one! Maybe this can be figured out by the weekend, and come to a possible conclusion by monday.

I have a scenario of how all of this might turn out.

I will possibly be wrong with the analysis that I provide. Correction is kindly needed, and of course this will be subject to change until actual units are delivered.

I'll start with UP: (Involves FLA & MJQ)

UP has to replace 96 RTS. Those could more likely be heading to dumps at Eastchester. Also those 99 ZF RTS.. Those are heading to MJQ. All indications lead it could be the 5078-5124 group, 5024, 5025 to FLA.

Once the next batch of new buses come in I'm sure they're will be gone. I agree with where the ZF RTS may go to once the third & final batch of new buses (30 Orion 3G's) for UP comes in.

As a result: Right now FLA has back 5055-5061 from MJQ, so once delivery commences, definitely the 5062-5074 group from MJQ is heading to FLA. DON'T QUOTE ME YET, but 5013-5023 (MAY BE HEADING TO FLA), and MJQ gets the 5078-5124 group. Right now: 5075-5077 at MJQ.

I agree that if all of the 5055-5074 batch leave MJQ they may go to FLA to replace their 96' RTS.

CAS (Involves FP)

This is a simple one.. up to 4019 wil be sent to FP from CAS. RIght now FP has 3965-3994 from CAS.

Makes Sense.

QV* (This is gonna be a hard one)..... Right now NO COMMENT on this one! Maybe this can be figured out by the weekend, and come to a possible conclusion by monday.

My thoughts are if anything their 96' RTS will go bye-bye for sure by the year's end as mentioned earlier. I doubt anything major will happen to them otherwise 'till next year when their 97's (any they have out of the 9350-9382 group) will have to be replaced.

All my comments are in bold. BTW good scenario.:cool:

As of this afternoon:

4810 is still at Zerega, and will be for the remainder of this week and the weekend; EPA Orion hasn't arrived to Zerega yet.

Where'd you get that info from?

The EPA Orion has arrived, it stopped by ZA, but its sitting over in Jersey now at the Daimler Service Center in Secaucus.

Most Likeley:

or

or

or

Ooooo...the...f@$%^...K!

First, Queens Village would NOT give up their Hybrids. They are 2004 models and with NEWER buses coming in, they pretty much BALANCE THE FLEET. Queens Village went above and beyond to get the Hybrids in their depot (hence Orion 05.501 #505-534 and #611-630 going to Queens Village). I'll be VERY surprised to see those Hybrids go.

Second, Queens Village will still have RTS buses their...like the 1997-1998 Novas (#9350-9699). So add those RTS buses, the Hybrids and the 90 NEWER buses and the fleet is balanced.

Just my two cents.