Starting Monday, F Train work will partially close stops in Brooklyn until May

Forest Glen

The "F" in (F) train will stand for frustration for Brooklyn straphangers over the next four months as transit officials rebuild two key stations.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority plans to begin major renovations on the Smith-Ninth St. and the Fourth Ave.-Ninth St. stations beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday.

The work, scheduled to last until May, will prompt the following changes in the (F) and (G) lines:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/04/2011-01-04_starting_monday_f_train_work_will_partially_close_stops_in_brooklyn_until_may.html#ixzz1AAam3NPM

post-1373-13328858256_thumb.jpg

post-1373-13328858256_thumb.jpg

Much lower, given the number of half-empty (F) trains I see on Queens Blvd.

Probably going upto Jamaica.But the (F) has very high ridership not sure how many daily riders but I thought this line had the highest over the (A).But nearly every (F) coming from Brooklyn is packed during rsh hrs and thats combined with (G) riders also.And the (F) gets a lot of people from LI.

Good thing the Jay Street connection is open so I can bypass the stinkin (F).

Probably going upto Jamaica.But the (F) has very high ridership not sure how many daily riders but I thought this line had the highest over the (A).But nearly every (F) coming from Brooklyn is packed during rsh hrs and thats combined with (G) riders also.And the (F) gets a lot of people from LI.

When the East Side Access project is complete, expect to see a drop in ridership on both the (E) and (F).

Much lower, given the number of half-empty (F) trains I see on Queens Blvd.

As usually Forest Glen making a false statement without facts and not replying when questioned about it.

The (F) does get to be SRO packed between Church Ave and Manhattan weekdays and often on weekends too as it is the main line for Park Slope.

The good news is that finally after a long long time, the crappy Smith-9th and 4th Avenue stations are being rebulit.

F trains are usually really, really packed in the mornings in Queens and equally packed going to Brooklyn past 57th Street or so during night-time rush. So that statistic is pretty believable.

The stations they're closing are really, really popular. I hope this is a late-night GO or something; people will be PISSED otherwise.

As usually Forest Glen making a false statement without facts and not replying when questioned about it.

The (F) does get to be SRO packed between Church Ave and Manhattan weekdays and often on weekends too as it is the main line for Park Slope.

The good news is that finally after a long long time, the crappy Smith-9th and 4th Avenue stations are being rebulit.

I agree with you. It's about time those stations had a makover.

Im actually looking forward for this renovation, Yea people would be pissed, but its only till May. Its not like the Brighton linehere its been in rehab for almost 2 years now...Besides Smith-9 Street and 4 Avenue need renovation.

It will be going on well beyond May, perhaps another 2 or 3 years.

This is only one phase of the project.

F trains are usually really, really packed in the mornings in Queens and equally packed going to Brooklyn past 57th Street or so during night-time rush. So that statistic is pretty believable.

The stations they're closing are really, really popular. I hope this is a late-night GO or something; people will be PISSED otherwise.

Didn't you read the link?

This is 24/7 and is a long range project.

Folks want the work done, but "as long as it's being done when I'm not riding." It doesn't work that way.

Can you explain why?

Anyway, I like how Mahattan-bound (F)'s are running express from Church to 7 Av and bypassing Smith-9 Sts but the (G) stops there

The temporary platform at Smith - 9th Sts. is only long enough for (G) trains to platform. The bridge spans (word choice?) are in the way at both ends of the station so the platform cannot be full-length.

Archived