Terror fear at B'klyn bus depot

East New York

NY Post - Terror fears have struck a Brooklyn bus depot after reports that several suspicious people videotaped its highly-flammable natural gas tanks.

"If those were hit, the whole neighborhood would blow up," said Tommy McNally, a Transport Workers Union representative who responded to the reports.

Three incidents of mysterious filming were reported on Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Jackie Gleason bus depot in Sunset Park. Police say they are investigating.

Those who spotted the individuals described them as "Middle Eastern’’ looking, and said they paid particular attention to the depot’s compressed natural gas tanks, near its front gate.

Only one guard is usually on duty at the depot, said sources.

Early Saturday, a man dressed in a business suit walked by the depot with a video camera, transit sourcessaid.

On Sunday morning, two men and a woman allegedly parked their gray BMW with Pennsylvania plates in front of the depot, and filmed it with a large video camera.

The mysterious videographers waited for the guard to take a bathroom break before shooting their footage, said the sources.

Then on Monday, another man was spotted filming buses along their routes in the neighborhood.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority bosses have slashed the depot’s guard force in recent years to save money, the Transport Workers’ Union says.

"It’s disgrace," said McNally said. "They are endangering the lives of transit workers and those who live in the neighborhood."

Union officials also found the gate to a separate entrance to the bus depot wide open yesterday, with no guard in sight.

Four MTA counter terrorism officers were at the depot reviewing security footage of the incidents yesterday, McNally said.

For the complete story, visit.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/terror_fear_at_klyn_bus_depot_zaPqJhWuo8tobuJHGl1LjK

FYI: It is all off our jobs to be on the look out for suspicious activities as well. If you see something, say something! This is out transit system! Let's keep it safe!

(MTA)

I actually highly doubt the "blow up the neighborhood" claim is true. Clearly, he's trying a bit of fear-mongering so the MTA hires some more workers. You'd need a MONSTER terrorist attack to hit those tanks hard enough to do that sort of damage, and obviously everybody's going to be on their toes at Gleason now.

I highly doubt that also, unless there is a gas pipe near the depot, anyway.

This not the first time that there's any suspicious people video or take pics at that depot as one of my friends know about it.

Hopefully, this news will bring some security workers back.

For the complete story, visit.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/terror_fear_at_klyn_bus_depot_zaPqJhWuo8tobuJHGl1LjK

FYI: It is all off our jobs to be on the look out for suspicious activities as well. If you see something, say something! This is out transit system! Let's keep it safe!

(MTA)

Most of the depots at least the older ones were pretty laxed w/security. Hell you could just walk right in to the old MCH Depot.

Wow ! this is crazy , it was probably someone from the forums who took pictures because no one else does that .

No, I doubt it. Although it is possible.

Most of the depots at least the older ones were pretty laxed w/security. Hell you could just walk right in to the old MCH Depot.

Trust me when I say you wouldn't have got far at all!

it sucks though that they mentioned someone filming buses near the depot.... most likely just an innocent transit fan

and i agree with others, why put it in plain sight.... then again they probably didnt think it would be considered something for a attack

it sucks though that they mentioned someone filming buses near the depot.... most likely just an innocent transit fan

and i agree with others, why put it in plain sight.... then again they probably didnt think it would be considered something for a attack

Speaking of that, when I was on Sunday, December 31st around evening when I was going for. I was at Queens-bound platform at Lex Av-53rd St on 10th Car Marking.

I was fear of rat, so I used flash to scare away mouth, and one of Straphangers that next to me. "You're not suppose to take pic. I know what I am talking about. $250 fine."

Every subway stations are tourist attraction because I see tourists taking pictures everywhere.

Also when I was heading to Boston via MegaBus, when took pic of Greyhound Bus at rest area somewhere in MA where MegaBus took break, Greyhound B/O should have given me respect and how I was suppose to know Greyhound's Photo Policy?

I think they use private security companies for MTA bus depots. The type of security guards that you would see at your supermarket or drugstore.

I don't think this has anything to do with the union. I know there is a job title within the MTA called "Property Protection Agents." Where those people are?, I dunno.

Took the theory right outta my head.Had to be some foamer who loves CNG buses.

How many foamers own a BMW, work in pairs, and come in from Pennsylvania just to photograph tanks? I know it is possible, but it really does not fit the usual description of a foamer. this sounds a little bit too odd to be just foamers. Especially since a number of works all seemed to get a strange vibe from these people, and that is usually a bad sign.

http://www.pixiq.com/article/italian-tourists-investigated-for-videotaping-gas-tanks-in-nyc

They were Italian tourists. The people who started getting all worried about someone "blowing up" the neighborhood are over paranoid idiots. And if they were really worried about these gas tanks being used in an attack, then why di they show it on tv and the internet for millions of other to see.

Speaking of that, when I was on Sunday, December 31st around evening when I was going for. I was at Queens-bound platform at Lex Av-53rd St on 10th Car Marking.

I was fear of rat, so I used flash to scare away mouth, and one of Straphangers that next to me. "You're not suppose to take pic. I know what I am talking about. $250 fine."

Every subway stations are tourist attraction because I see tourists taking pictures everywhere.

Also when I was heading to Boston via MegaBus, when took pic of Greyhound Bus at rest area somewhere in MA where MegaBus took break, Greyhound B/O should have given me respect and how I was suppose to know Greyhound's Photo Policy?

I would have punched that "Straphanger" right in the mouth.

I thought the CNG tanks were stored in-house. Who in their right mind would throw it right at the front gate?

Archived