Quick question about school kids....

akkuma2k

regularly these same 4-5 school kids get on my bus with chinese food eat it and basically have a food fight in the back of the bus with chicken bones all in the back. so i asked them to cut it out and take the trays/ garbage with them. the response i got was your not my father and suck my @#$%. of course i got mad but kept it proffesional and didnt say another word. road ops is at the next stop so i told him and he said nothing he can do and for me to clean it at the end of the line, which i did. should i say something to them next time they get on with chinese food? They are not stupid they know they won the battle. i know there is no eating on our buses and no way i can enforce without getting in trouble and having to go see "THE MAN", so i guess im just venting. :P

First off you should have call command center tell them you have a dirty bus and state why. Second its not your job to clean the bus, there are people in the depots that do that. Road ops only cares about having there lines on time,nothing more unless it a safety issue and some times not even. In the event you take the bus out of service due to a dirty bus, snap a few pix of the mess so you have proof just in case they want to say it was not worthy of taking out of service. now remember this is based on the scope of the mess. You did what 90% of us B/O would have done cause we just wanted to finish and go home at the end of the day.

I don't know if this falls in line with proper ways of resolving the issue but if they don't follow the rules, you don't have to serve them... I would park the bus when they start their stupidity and let everyone know the issue. Leave the doors opened for whoever wants to walk. Sometimes, you just have to show who's boss at times. Of course, this after contacting CC and what not.

regularly these same 4-5 school kids get on my bus with chinese food eat it and basically have a food fight in the back of the bus with chicken bones all in the back. so i asked them to cut it out and take the trays/ garbage with them. the response i got was your not my father and suck my @#$%. of course i got mad but kept it proffesional and didnt say another word. road ops is at the next stop so i told him and he said nothing he can do and for me to clean it at the end of the line, which i did. should i say something to them next time they get on with chinese food? They are not stupid they know they won the battle. i know there is no eating on our buses and no way i can enforce without getting in trouble and having to go see "THE MAN", so i guess im just venting. :P

And that's why kids above the age of 12 should pay like the rest of us!

regularly these same 4-5 school kids get on my bus with chinese food eat it and basically have a food fight in the back of the bus with chicken bones all in the back. so i asked them to cut it out and take the trays/ garbage with them. the response i got was your not my father and suck my @#$%. of course i got mad but kept it proffesional and didnt say another word. road ops is at the next stop so i told him and he said nothing he can do and for me to clean it at the end of the line, which i did. should i say something to them next time they get on with chinese food? They are not stupid they know they won the battle. i know there is no eating on our buses and no way i can enforce without getting in trouble and having to go see "THE MAN", so i guess im just venting. :(

Those hellions' daily infernal racket with food is going to turn your bus into an aircraft carrier for bugs.

Over 550,000 children receive Student MetroCards. That is why you hear so many incidents-so many children are on the buses and subways. You'll hear of the 20% that behave badly, but you'll never hear of the 80% that behave well.

And if you take away Student MetroCards, you could be punishing some very needy students. If a person is poor and lives near a bad school, they will be stuck going to that bad school.

Over 550,000 children receive Student MetroCards. That is why you hear so many incidents-so many children are on the buses and subways. You'll hear of the 20% that behave badly, but you'll never hear of the 80% that behave well.

And if you take away Student MetroCards, you could be punishing some very needy students. If a person is poor and lives near a bad school, they will be stuck going to that bad school.

if I could, I would thank you 1007 times! I use the student Metrocard all the time to get to Louis Armstrong Middle school which is a good school. If they took the cards away, then I would have to go to that crappy IS61 school! :tup: at that post!

Well I had some kids acting up on my bus -- two fat little boys came on the bus and decided to block the entrance , so when people came on they had a hard time passing ....so I said to my self aiight next stop it's a wrap as I opened the door I told the folks out there "excuse me please wait" turned to the kids and said "Get The **** Off my Bus"! I mean i looked crazy , they got so scared they ran out and left there lunch.

Never got a chance to thank them for lunch.... Lol

regularly these same 4-5 school kids get on my bus with chinese food eat it and basically have a food fight in the back of the bus with chicken bones all in the back. so i asked them to cut it out and take the trays/ garbage with them. the response i got was your not my father and suck my @#$%. of course i got mad but kept it proffesional and didnt say another word. road ops is at the next stop so i told him and he said nothing he can do and for me to clean it at the end of the line, which i did. should i say something to them next time they get on with chinese food? They are not stupid they know they won the battle. i know there is no eating on our buses and no way i can enforce without getting in trouble and having to go see "THE MAN", so i guess im just venting. ;)

Are you a new B/O? If so, welcome to the DOB....:(:P:P...........

I know you want to slap them, I want to slap a few myself, but can't. Like the other B/O's told you, flag the stop, or take it OOS. Road Ops ain't gonna do sh!t, and remember, you are the operator, not the enforcer. If need be, just let those animals be...........

Does anyone bus operator did School Tripper Run on by (MTA) Bus, (NYCT) or MTA Long Island Bus.

I had awful experience on S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School long years ago b/c I did not know X17C drop me off on pickup location, so I took that bus to catch X17C.

During my ride, students were yelling, throwing stuffs and bus operators was focusing on road, with all distraction.

I wonder how school tripper B/Os handle it?

When I was in Japan before I came here, we don't have school bus for student.

It was in countryside and and bus operator who was driving student on charter bus made wrong turn because student was distracting.

Another time during Simon Baruch MS104 year, teachers borrow two ShortLine Buses for field trip to Waterloo Village in NJ.

I was on 1st bus. As bus hit US-80, student were distracting bus operator by throwing stuffs at each student or using loud voice, so he had to pull over to shoulder of busy highway, and ask student to quiet down.

"Quiet down! If you don't, we'll be sitting here until you quiet down."

After teachers repeated, they quiet down and they stop what they were doing then after 2nd bus passed as, 1st bus moved.

Archived