SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Just now, Wallyhorse said:

I suspect it's actually because next Friday is Good Friday and with lower overall ridership want to get certain things done with an extra day, especially since some personnel may not be available on other days due to Passover that starts next Friday night.  

Also, while next Friday is also Jackie Robinson Day at Citi Field, next Friday was NOT the original Mets home opener.  Mets were supposed to open at home last Thursday. It may be they can't re-schedule this GO because this was not the Mets home opener and if it got rained out and rescheduled they could have had further problems if it forced them to do another GO at a later date. 

Yankees opener (rescheduled to Friday) WAS their scheduled home opener that became the actual opener due to the lockout. 

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redbirds are running tomorrow to reduce crowds on the Low V, the line of thinking is some railfans might pass up the Low V  to ride the Redbirds. I love the Low V but they are running the GOAT IRT cars tomorrow right behind the Low V :D

Crowds were huge on the Arnine hoilday runs and the final R32 trip. So look at it as crowd control of sorts, that's how I view the situation at least.

Edited by trainfan22

8 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

The Redbirds are running tomorrow to reduce crowds on the Low V, the line of thinking is some railfans might pass up the Low V  to ride the Redbirds. I love the Low V but they are running the GOAT IRT cars tomorrow right behind the Low V :D

Crowds were huge on the Arnine hoilday runs and the final R32 trip. So look at it as crowd control of sorts, that's how I view the situation at least.

I'm hoping the next holiday train is 2 trains like what they are doing with the Yankee special . Have the set of R32's from last year or the TOMM with the R1/9's. It would divide the crowd. I like what they are doing here.

2 hours ago, 2Av said:

Bronx-Queens Line

Norwood - 205 St (B)(D)

Bedford Park Blvd (B)(D)

Kingsbridge Rd (B)(D)

Fordham Rd(B)(D)

182-183 Sts(B)

Tremont Av(B)(D)

174-175 Sts(B)

170 St(B)

167 St(B)

161 St - Yankee Stadium(B)(D)(4)

155 St(B)

145 St(A)(B)(C)(D)

135 St - Edgecombe Av(B)(C)

125 St(A)(B)(C)(D)

116 St (B)(C)

110 St - Frederick Douglass Cir(B)(C)

103 St(B)(C)

96 St(B)(C)

86 St(B)(C)

Museum Of Natural History - Hayden Planetarium(B)(C)

72 St(B)(C)

59 St - Columbus Cir(A)(B)(C)(D)

7 Av - 53 St(B)(D)(E)

5 Av - 53 St(E)(M)

Lexington Av - 53 St(E)(M)(6)

Court Sq(E)(G)(M)(7)<7>

Queens Plaza(E)(M)(R)

36 St(E)(F)(M)(R)

Jackson Heights(E)(F)(M)(R)(7)

Forest Hills - 71 Av(E)(F)(M)(R)

Kew Gardens - Union Tpke (E) (F)

Parsons Blvd (F)
Jamaica - 179 St (F)

I got to the emoji limit lol

It's not possible to create this new line with how the setup is currently right now. There are no connections along 53 St that allows for 6 Av express trains to run along it from CPW and 6 Av. The setup at 7 Av-53 St has trains from 6 Av arriving opposite from trains arriving from 8 Av and vice versa, meaning Bronx bound B and D trains go in the opposite direction of a Queens bound E trains.

18 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

It is huge but the good thing that's bolded is the photo opportunity for everyone. That's the why it's not the standard 10 cars but understand to someone looking at the train in the platform. 

12 hours ago, YankeesPwnMets said:

From the looks of it, someone notified the train operator for this havoc before it's next stop, Canal St. Doors were closed but opened.  The lady's reaction at 0:48 says it all. 

Edited by Calvin

BREAKING: Major subway disruption on sea beach line.  Shootout on 25th Street, 36th Street, Bay Ridge Avenue and 95th Street.  Expect major delays on (D)(N)(R)  Also affecting: (B)(Q)(F)(W) from Coney Island to Manhattan service.  

UPDATE: Article link. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-in-brooklyn-subway-sources/3641743/

Edited by Future ENY OP

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

BREAKING: Major subway disruption on sea beach line.  Shootout on 25th Street, 36th Street, Bay Ridge Avenue and 95th Street.  Expect major delays on (D)(N)(R)  Also affecting: (B)(Q)(F)(W) from Coney Island to Manhattan service.  

UPDATE: Article link. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-in-brooklyn-subway-sources/3641743/

Post this in its own thread. It deserves it. This is a serious situation.

The suspect of the horrible incident yesterday at 36 St in Brooklyn has been captured. Video surveillance first showed him entering Kings Highway on the (N) line swiping the metrocard but entered through gate. Arrest made at St Marks Place and 1st Av in Manhattan. 

Edited by Calvin

I know that people are trying their best to avoid the subway due to the recent events however for people who have no choice but to take the subway do you think people would avoid the lines that run with R46's and r68/68A's due to their safety flaws. I'm talking about people trying to stay away from the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(W) and to an extent the (A)(C) lines and using nearby services that don't use those cars if they can avoid it.

20 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I know that people are trying their best to avoid the subway due to the recent events however for people who have no choice but to take the subway do you think people would avoid the lines that run with R46's and r68/68A's due to their safety flaws. I'm talking about people trying to stay away from the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(W) and to an extent the (A)(C) lines and using nearby services that don't use those cars if they can avoid it.

It's pretty much working out as follows.... The average rider is just avoiding the subway, period.  They're not paying any attention to what model subway they are riding. I sure as hell don't. The only time I pay attention is if the car is really old and has something like poor AC or something.  The people that have to ride the subway are just riding.

Even with the so called increased police presence, there was another incident just last night.  Stabbings and other random attacks taking place regardless or what type of subway car. Most would just prefer to not take the subway.  Problem solved.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I’m on a new lots (3) that just pulled in to crown hts , next one doesn’t come for 12 minutes , and the (4) came in to terminate but the (3) didn’t wait , it just took off before the people on the 4 could transfer to the (3)
It made me wonder, is there a specific rule on wait times for cross-platform transfers or something like that ?  

3 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

The average rider doesn’t know what R46’s or R68’s are and know that they’re end doors are kept locked. Countless times I’ve see. Passengers trying to cross between cars on 75ft equipment and mumble “wtf” 

1 hour ago, ActiveCity said:

We need the R211's ASAP. These 75ft subway cars are a mouse trap.

Its gonna take several years to phase out just the R46s.... need 940 R211s to replace all the R46s and they are all being built by one manufacturer which will take longer, it even took several years to complete the R142 & R160 orders and those orders were split up between different manufacturers.

15 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Are the doors between the R44s on the (SIR) also locked? Haven't been on the (SIR) in a while and I'm not sure if the same rules apply to 75-footers there compared to the rest of the subway.

The doors on the SIR R44s are not locked because there's no sharp curves on SIR.