SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem in the subway is crowdedness. When I was on the (6) today, it stopped at Grand Central and a LOAD of people came on. I was literally getting squished into the door. I wanted to get off at 33rd St, but it was SO PACKED I couldnt even get to the other door and I missed my stop. And the thing is, If a girl hates you or dosent like you and you try to get off a crowded train and touch her by accident, she could go like "He touched me!" "Dont touch me!"

Another Thing:

Rudeness. When your waiting for your train to stop at the station and when it does and the doors open, you walk about but then your pushed aside and you see a women going "Move people Move!Let me off first." Acting like a Queen. This thing drives my crazy.

Does anyone ever notice that when you stand and stare into the window at Brooklyn Bridge that the signal map always shows Red at the end Of City Hall Loop?

Does the (MTA) still run garbage trains during the day? I saw a group of employees collecting garbage bags from my stop a little while ago and loading them onto an NYCT Sanitation truck.

No, that is not a typo. New York City Transit apparently has their own full size Sanitation-style garbage truck.

Yep, I photographed Garbage trains during the day a couple of times.

Does the (MTA) still run garbage trains during the day? I saw a group of employees collecting garbage bags from my stop a little while ago and loading them onto an NYCT Sanitation truck.

No, that is not a typo. New York City Transit apparently has their own full size Sanitation-style garbage truck.

yeah every day on the QBL around 3 PM between Elmhurst Av and 65 St on the Manhattan bound local track.

The main problem in the subway is crowdedness. When I was on the (6) today, it stopped at Grand Central and a LOAD of people came on. I was literally getting squished into the door. I wanted to get off at 33rd St, but it was SO PACKED I couldnt even get to the other door and I missed my stop. And the thing is, If a girl hates you or dosent like you and you try to get off a crowded train and touch her by accident, she could go like "He touched me!" "Dont touch me!"

Another Thing:

Rudeness. When your waiting for your train to stop at the station and when it does and the doors open, you walk about but then your pushed aside and you see a women going "Move people Move!Let me off first." Acting like a Queen. This thing drives my crazy.

Does anyone ever notice that when you stand and stare into the window at Brooklyn Bridge that the signal map always shows Red at the end Of City Hall Loop?

It's not acting like a queen. If you get on before people have gotten off, you're acting like a dick.

As for getting off, you just gotta push your way to the door. You're in the right, and if people don't move, that's on them.

So, apparently ATS is showing this weekend's IRT disruptions and diversions as the 2 via Lexington Ave and the 5 via 7th Ave to Rector St instead of the correct 2 (E 180 St to Rector St) and extended 5 respectively. Now this isn't the first time this happened and this "glitch" happens because that's how the system is programmed to treat this particular service change, mainly because that's how this GO is run internally. It's just that there's usually someone to correct the visual data so it corresponds with the service change information stated on the website and in-station posters. Speaking of stations, I wonder if the electronic signs are showing the same "errors".

So, apparently ATS is showing this weekend's IRT disruptions and diversions as the 2 via Lexington Ave and the 5 via 7th Ave to Rector St instead of the correct 2 (E 180 St to Rector St) and extended 5 respectively. Now this isn't the first time this happened and this "glitch" happens because that's how the system is programmed to treat this particular service change, mainly because that's how this GO is run internally. It's just that there's usually someone to correct the visual data so it corresponds with the service change information stated on the website and in-station posters. Speaking of stations, I wonder if the electronic signs are showing the same "errors".

The countdown clocks show the correct information with the (2) E 180 St and (5) Wakefield-241 St readings

By my opinon the A and C is the most used train after the 456 because it goes to many places dont get me wrong the F goes into way more neighborhoods but the A and C is the line that needs to be the best line they been working on the 6 line for the past 3 yrs n still is its been better the L is a 360 since trains run as frequent as they possible can the countdown clocks on the A and C and the ones like the L not the sloppy ones along Central park west that says the next train is # stations away 1 we diont know if its an A or a D or a B/C coming n 2 they just need them especially spending $$ on wifi since the A is a very useful train pretty sure MTA can get agencies to fix that line as they did with the L and 6

By my opinon the A and C is the most used train after the 456 because it goes to many places dont get me wrong the F goes into way more neighborhoods but the A and C is the line that needs to be the best line they been working on the 6 line for the past 3 yrs n still is its been better the L is a 360 since trains run as frequent as they possible can the countdown clocks on the A and C and the ones like the L not the sloppy ones along Central park west that says the next train is # stations away 1 we diont know if its an A or a D or a B/C coming n 2 they just need them especially spending $$ on wifi since the A is a very useful train pretty sure MTA can get agencies to fix that line as they did with the L and 6

Dude. Periods are not just for girls.