SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the cars were mocked up R62A's? I don't think so, in the exiting scene at Grand Central ( (7) Platform) it was a actual real R142A.

No, the R142A seen in Pelham 123 was a mock-up R62A that looked like an R142A. Yes it looked exactly alike an R142A but only a mock-up. As I remember, I do think an R142A test train was used for the movie back in 08-09 ONLY for the Pelham movie as the scene where Denzel Washington was on the (7) the train was near 61 St-Woodside and it was in fact an R142A. At the time, R142A's were being testes on the Flushing Line, before R188's existed.

I saw the Yankees R62 Wednesday during the midday and the Pelham R62 a few hours ago. Wonder if there's something going on with those cars....

This is fishy, theres 2 R62's on the Lexington probably being theres a planned loan to the (4) from the (3) OR maybe just a yard move bound for 180th or Westchester.

Edited by Priincenene

does anyone know if the NYC train in battlefield 3 was based off of a real train? It was an open cut that brought you from either queens or brooklyn (unspecified, but they set the location as Long Island, NYC) to midtown in just a few minutes.

Yes the train is real. The train you saw in Battlefield 3 at the beginning was the M7.

Do me a favor, can you stop abusing the down vote button when you don't agree with me on something, god.

Lmao, I get downvoted over a post, I could care less :lol:

MHV wont like this...

All the original black on white "Lutheran Medical Center" signs have been removed as of this morning.However they left the steel risers the signs were attached to in place... :lol:

Oh, man! I remember those signs back in 2014 when I rode the (R) over there. It makes sense because 59 St is closer to Lutheran Medical Center than 53 St walking distance.

I could care less :lol:

Repeat after me: couldn’t.

If I ever take a full-time teaching job, I will not fail to raise kids who use English properly.

…unless, of course, you actually mean that you still have some care left in you, and that the care hasn't hit zero yet.

All of the cars were mocked up R62A's? I don't think so, in the exiting scene at Grand Central ( (7) Platform) it was a actual real R142A.

The (7) train near the end was an R142A. The car that was featured throughout most of the film was an R62A that was modified for a time to look like newer A-division railcars.

I wonder if the R32s on the (J) are able to do a 4/4 position like the (C) does? (I know R42s have different positions)

Yes. However, from what I read from some T/O like last year or the year before on Facebook, he said something like "Simply put, SMEEs = 5/3 position and NTTs = 4/4 position on the (J)".

But this is all I can remember though.

Edited by RollOver

MHV wont like this...

All the original black on white "Lutheran Medical Center" signs have been removed as of this morning.However they left the steel risers the signs were attached to in place... :lol:

Nightmare... Harder and harder to find the old ones around the system these days. 

I noticed that the pillar signs at 50th Street are all new....on the lower level at least on the (E) platform. They look really weird......

Haven't they had those for a little while? Or are these even newer? They've quietly redone some 8th Ave signs in the past few years (190, 181, 145, 96, and 14) come to mind. Impressively, 14th got new signs on the (L), the (A)/©/(E), the (F)/(M), and the (1)/(2)/(3). 

Nightmare... Harder and harder to find the old ones around the system these days. 

Haven't they had those for a little while? Or are these even newer? They've quietly redone some 8th Ave signs in the past few years (190, 181, 145, 96, and 14) come to mind. Impressively, 14th got new signs on the (L), the (A)/©/(E), the (F)/(M), and the (1)/(2)/(3). 

I honestly haven't noticed until today, so I'm not sure. They look new-ish, and very weird at that. The numbers are weird looking on those signs.

Edited by Cait Sith