SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It shares the same track as the (2)(4)(5) so it has to wait for those trains to cross over.

It doesn't share it with the (4), just the (2) & (5)...

North of Nostrand Av, the (2) & (5) trains come from the left and merge with the (3). Now while the (2) stays on the same track, the (5) crosses over again to merge with the (4).

Think how Myrtle Av-Bway is on the (J)(M)(Z) is & how 135 St is on the (2) & (3), the merge isn't a flyover, unlike the other places are. Those 3 places are the biggest points of bottlenecking since you have to wait for the train to cross in front of your path

The Manhattan bound (F) is operating via 53rd this weekend. I took it. I enjoyed hauling ass through the 53rd tube (instead of crawling through the 63rd Connector). The best part was that I needed to head to Union Square. I was able to transfer to the (6) without some stupid ass out of system transfer.

It shares the same track as the (2)(4)(5) so it has to wait for those trains to cross over.

I know but Usually they wait at the station itself for that.But sometimes there is a red signal right before the station(Usually during rush hours).So I was wondering why that was.

Yesterday I was taking the (A) up to 207. Everything went well until 190th. When we were leaving, the train stopped after we moved a little bit. We go to move for a second time, and the train stops again, and this time it sounds like a B.I.E. situation. We sit still for a while, and we finally get moving... crawling to Dyckman St and almost stopping a few times again. It definitely wasn't helping that the Conductor's announcements were barely audible (ironically, I was previously on a (D) train with loud but very clear announcements)

I took a CityTicket train from Fordham Plaza to GCT, just for the lolz. The Northbound side had trains stopping on the express platform, using two ramps, I don't think I've seen one of those operations in the flesh, heh.

So the downtown (4)(5)(6) were all running express from Grand Central to Brooklyn Bridge. I was lucky, the (4) arrived [and an R142A! B)] right as I was coming down the stairs. The conductor was funny, when explaining the G.O., he talked towards the local track, and said "All of you there ignoring me aren't getting nowhere this weekend!" :P

So, Downtown (3) and (4) trains were running express from Atlantic to Utica, I'm guessing because of some work at Nostrand or Kingston.

So the (4) gets to Nevins not long before the (3). The C/R on the (4) says the (3) will be leaving first. So I get on the (3). The (3) I'm on does leave while the (4) is still at Nevins. But we wait outside Atlantic for about 2 minutes. I can hear the hissing of the track switch changing position. Suprise suprise, the (4) ends up coming through while we're still waiting outside Atlantic to switch to the express track. So either someone changed their mind, or there was a communication failure, because the C/R on my train explicity said the (3) would be "going first"

All the downtown trains at Franklin had slow orders, you got to hear all the downtown trains blowing their horns with gusto, lol.

I don't think I could've survived without my sketch pad, however.

Edited by Mysterious2train

I know but Usually they wait at the station itself for that.But sometimes there is a red signal right before the station(Usually during rush hours).So I was wondering why that was.

Very slow timers into Nostrand station. If ATS doesn't give that lineup to go into Nostrand the (3) has no choice but sit there. The sequence is:

1. Everything in the area N/B at danger (if it isn't already).

2. Give (2) or (5) waiting at President the lineup.

3. Give that piece of approach timers in Nostrand to allow a (3) to close in on the switch.

Guest lance25

There's always at least one R142A on the (5) when it's truncated to 149 St-Grand Concourse. The cars come from Jerome Yard, just as they always do when this G.O. is in effect. It's not a big deal.

Guest lance25
Car Assignments = serious business.

It's just flipping ridiculous that some people here get so damn worked up over an R142A (5) train. I could understand if it's an R62 or the TOMC, but geez, the R142As aren't even that different from the R142s aside from the propulsion and some slight differences in the displays.

I rode a (F)ox today going to Manhattan via Cranberry tunnel. It had the announcements except idk why they haven't fixed the name of the station on the FIND. The train had Broadway-Nassau St. and not Fulton Street.

It's just flipping ridiculous that some people here get so damn worked up over an R142A (5) train. I could understand if it's an R62 or the TOMC, but geez, the R142As aren't even that different from the R142s aside from the propulsion and some slight differences in the displays.

When I was at 149-GC. I saw a (5) train but it was an R142. Don't remember the exact consist car numbers but it was around the 1100's, therefore it was an R142 from the Jerome Yard.

Edited by alejr88

I rode a (F)ox today going to Manhattan via Cranberry tunnel. It had the announcements except idk why they haven't fixed the name of the station on the FIND. The train had Broadway-Nassau St. and not Fulton Street.

Last time I caught it, the FIND says Bway-Nassau St, but the announcement says Fulton St Bway-Nassau

Last time I caught it, the FIND says Bway-Nassau St, but the announcement says Fulton St Bway-Nassau

Yes sir that's what happened when I rode the Fox on Sunday evening. Thought they should get that fixed.