SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the (1) train operate FROM New Lots Av to 96 st during the evening rush? Im currently on the (1) at Saratoga av 0_o

(F)  :lol:(A)(M)!

In a past thread about the recovery from Hurricane Sandy, several people claimed that the (1) should run to New Lots while the (3) was suspended no matter how many times Snowblock convinced them that it cannot run to New Lots since the route is way too long and that they don't have the crews for it. 

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I seem to have luck when taking the (R) home. I always get an R46.

Speaking of R46, them being back on the (F) is my childhood all over again. Now all they need to do is make those R160's that are left on the (F) R32's, put the R32's back on the (E) , make the (R) all R46 as well, and bring back the (V) and (G) on Queens Blvd :P.

I seem to have luck when taking the (R) home. I always get an R46.

Speaking of R46, them being back on the (F) is my childhood all over again. Now all they need to do is make those R160's that are left on the (F) R32's, put the R32's back on the (E) , make the (R) all R46 as well, and bring back the (V) and (G) on Queens Blvd :P.

I miss those day (sniff) :(

Here's a random wtf question: What would be the psychological effect of a person who has to sit between two people in a three bucket seat arrangement on a R62, R68 or a R46 car in the middle of rush hour? And one has bad breath and constantly picks his nose while the other guy is snoring dead asleep nodding all over the car with drool coming down his face? Thoughts ?

Here's a random wtf question: What would be the psychological effect of a person who has to sit between two people in a three bucket seat arrangement on a R62, R68 or a R46 car in the middle of rush hour? And one has bad breath and constantly picks his nose while the other guy is snoring dead asleep nodding all over the car with drool coming down his face? Thoughts ?

Those R62's are so gross.  The poles are so greasy. I never sit down on those trains and try to avoid touching the poles too.

Every train's poles are probably nasty in one way or another. It's not exclusive to one train type or subway line. And I've said it before: it's mass transit. Everyone else will not be as clean or hygienic as you are.

Every train's poles are probably nasty in one way or another. It's not exclusive to one train type or subway line. And I've said it before: it's mass transit. Everyone else will not be as clean or hygienic as you are.

The thing with the R62's is that they use a different material for the poles so you get the build up of everyone touching the poles as opposed to the newer trains. In other words, if the poles are equally dirty, the dirty/grease is better masked on the newer trains, so you feel less skeeved out when touching the poles on the newer trains.

On the R62's, I think it's the same steel alloy on the poles more or less on the subway poles regardless of the fleet type however the poles used on the different fleets has a different finish (brushed metal vs polished metal finish). Otherwise correct, it doesn't have an impact on what germs and dirt actually is smeared on the subway poles.

Also the inside of the cars are made also a polished metal finish with brushed metal stripes: That was the designers offer to make the inside of the cars graffiti proof so permanent marker ink or spray paint can be easily cleaned off the interiors of the cars. Of course hindsight is 20/20 - vandals started using rock pebbles to scratchi the semi soft metal interior walls of the cars.

I can see where VG8 is coming from. It is a turnoff to see dirt, grime sebaceous oil from skin etc on the metal on the interior of a R62 or R68 car let alone the window panes of any car regardless of fleet type. But hey this is NYC........

Edited by realizm

On the R62's, I think it's the same steel alloy on the poles more or less on the subway poles regardless of the fleet type however the poles used on the different fleets has a different finish (brushed metal vs polished metal finish). Otherwise correct, it doesn't have an impact on what germs and dirt actually is smeared on the subway poles.

Also the inside of the cars are made also a polished metal finish with brushed metal stripes: That was the designers offer to make the inside of the cars graffiti proof so permanent marker ink or spray paint can be easily cleaned off the interiors of the cars. Of course hindsight is 20/20 - vandals started using rock pebbles to scratchi the semi soft metal interior walls of the cars.

I can see where VG8 is coming from. It is a turnoff to see dirt, grime sebaceous oil from skin etc on the metal on the interior of a R62 or R68 car let alone the window panes of any car regardless of fleet type. But hey this is NYC........

Yeah the finish is different.  

Well there's hand sanitizer. I keep it on hand as I always seem to have one bout of the flu every winter season. The subway is one public setting where you can catch it easy. Also pink eye, sore throat, laryngitis, and even urinary tract infections, respectively. Medically proven fact.

Well there's hand sanitizer. I keep it on hand as I always seem to have one bout of the flu every winter season. The subway is one public setting where you can catch it easy. Also pink eye, sore throat, laryngitis, and even urinary tract infections, respectively. Medically proven fact.

lol... What I always thought was funny was when some article came out about how dirty the poles are the (MTA) quickly came out with some statement to rebut that saying that it simply wasn't true to try and calm fears. lol