SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I saw a OOS (J) (not R160) train on the 6th Av Express tracks earlier.

R42? 

Yep

I'm wondering now if this was due to a mechanical breakdown on that R42 then. The only reason I can see that (J) on 6th Ave is because the T/D's sent that consist in a reverse move from the BMT Eastern to the BMT South Brooklyn over the Manny B headed to CI Complex for repairs. (Or 207th Shops, I don't know which direction it was going, not clear on that)

Edited by realizm

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first impression is that there was snow on the front of the train, then I realized it hasn't snowed yet.

Also, is there any reason why they keep sending the (R) via QBL exp on weekends? It's bad enough the way service is already on Weekends.

Not sure about 8th Avenue, but there was (is?) an option for the V to 179 St.

@Gordon: The same reason why Queens Blvd has been messed up for a while: signal modernization and general track work on the line.

Did they create a (Q) program to 125 or 96 or wherever its going via 2 ave?

Also are there B train programs installed? I realized that's the only B div train besides l and s that never ran w R160's

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

This video produced by NYCTF member Mr. Railfan may answer you question:

The (Q) to 72nd via 2nd Ave on the FIND and automated announcements exists. It is rumored that the announcement to 96th also is worked in, however no confirmation on that. As for 125th Street, no it does not exist.

The (B) Train FIND announcements and display program also exists as seen by this in revenue service R160A running as a (B) (Credits to alexjunior167):

Another video of a R160A designated as a (B) (Credits to Sovietskii52):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zVHv8p5NhD0

Edited by realizm

Also are there B train programs installed? I realized that's the only B div train besides l and s that never ran w R160's

R160s are currently on the L

Thanks. I'm assuming there was a program for the (V) via 8 Av and to 179 St.

R160s have ran on the (V).

1. Yes, there is a program for the (Q) to 96th Street - 2nd Avenue. 125th Street has not been created yet.

2. Yes, there are (B) train programs in the R160s. The R160s have programs for every B division route in the system.

Just wondering, is there a way to distinguish the different types of R160s without knowing the fleet number? I have a photo of an R160 from my trip last year and I can't sort it into a gallery on Flickr because I have no idea who built it.

10247363036_3f811c3e44.jpg

MTA Subway R160 train - 01 by t6a5iii, on Flickr

You mean r160A vs B, or R160A-1 vs A-2?