BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

ive beeen looking at some youtube videos and realized that mta is getting NF XD60s,

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=New_Flyer_Industries_XD60

brampton transit is getting NF XDE60s

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=New_Flyer_Industries_XDE60

and omnitrans are getting NF XN60s

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=New_Flyer_Industries_XN60

..new flyer has alot of working to do!

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o & by the ways the ads on the new c40lf look dyslexic

You mean the MTA bustime ads?

PS: Not alot of new ads on any of these new c40LF buses, and XD40 buses at UP. Seems the MTA is being smart on how the ads are being distributed at JG & UP. GEEZ... Roof ads for (Brooklyn division) and rear wraps (Manhattan/Brooklyn divisions) need to come back. <---- A great $$$ generator for the TA, but bad for maintenance.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Dos anybody notice that some of the Nova buses don't say "via _____", they just say the street name? So for instance, instead ofsaying "Arlington Holland Avenue / via Forest", the S48 just says "Arlington Holland Avenue / Forest".

Yeah, I've seen that on quite a number of QV LFSes, I thought that part of the sign was just dead.

The other day on the M15 local the B/O waited at the major stops for passengers flocking from the SBS stops and he took their tickets without a word. Really nice of him, since some B/Os would've not waited, or given the passengers grief over using their tickets, especially since the MTA seems to have rescinded the special free transfer between the local and SBS Bx12/M15.

Edited by Mysterious2train

The other day on the M15 local the B/O waited at the major stops for passengers flocking from the SBS stops and he took their tickets without a word. Really nice of him, since some B/Os would've not waited, or given the passengers grief over using their tickets, especially since the MTA seems to have rescinded the special free transfer between the local and SBS Bx12/M15.

What makes you think that??

Yeah, I've seen that on quite a number of QV LFSes, I thought that part of the sign was just dead.

It isn't dead, on the B3 it says B3 Ave U and then B3 Bensonhurst Harway Avenue just perfectly. I wrote to Ulmer Park Depot asking for a hat and sticker and mentioned that too, a lot of them have that glitch.

I've been on M15 and Bx12 locals where the B/O gave people trying to get on with SBS tickets a hard time. Maybe I got the odd driver out those times?

To my knowledge the policy of transferring from the local to the SBS to the local still stands. Here and there you may get a few clueless B/Os... There are airheads in every industry. :lol:

Ok im ride these BTE buses everyday as im a s52 s53 b1 b36 rider....and these buses...mainly the xcelsiors are having some of the greatest sound effects a bus can have...for example...4843 4861 4879 4883 4893 4897....amazing! and the 3gs....theres this main one 7079....someone please try to catch a recording....its has that similar sound to c40lf 225 but with a zf in a 3g! im curious to how these will sound in the next 5-10 years! OMG! :P

It isn't dead, on the B3 it says B3 Ave U and then B3 Bensonhurst Harway Avenue just perfectly. I wrote to Ulmer Park Depot asking for a hat and sticker and mentioned that too, a lot of them have that glitch.

I think it has to do with the new program that they've recently flashed. I was sitting at 165th St Terminal today and noticed the problem with the Q36 Limited to Floral Park sign. On the Xcelsiors, they display:

Q36 LIMITED

Q36 Floral Park - 257 St

Q36 via Jamaica Av

Yes, with the Av at the end, just not Jamaica.

On the LFS:

Front Sign:

Q36 LIMITED

Q36 Floral Park-257 St

Q36 [blank reading]

Side Sign:

Q36 LIMITED

Q36 Floral Park-257 St

Q36 Jamaica Av

I think what were done with the Xcelsior's program is where the problem is stemming from, or at least with this particular sign.