BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention Foamers!

There is a new place to interact, called Foam Place.

Directions: Q22, Q113, N31, N32, N33 to Mott Avenue and B.20 street or (A) to Far Rockaway Avenue/Mott Avenue

At Central Avenue/Mott Avenue walk on Central Avenue one Block, and Turn Right.

From Far Rockaway R.R Station, walk to Nameoke Street, turn left, walk to Central Avenue, turn right, and walk two blocks down, and make a left.

Driving Directions:

Get onto LIE and take signs for Cross Island Parkway

Take Cross Island Parkway which turns to Laurelton Pkwy which turns to Belt Pkwy. Take Exit 21A and turn left at Rockaway Blvd. Then when you approach Route 878 (Nassau Expwy) turn left. Nassau Expwy turns into Rockaway Blvd, and keep right at all times. Keep going, and Rockaway Blvd turns into Nassau Expwy. Turn right at Central Avenue,left on Mott Avenue, left on B.18 street, and left at Foam Place, and you are there.

Street shots to let you know that you got there https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=40.604203,-73.750352&spn=0.002847,0.006539&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=40.604264,-73.750439&panoid=gsHtCxjp-d2F5-1dThbnqg&cbp=12,92.48,,1,-8.82

Activities

Education (there is a school at Foam Place and Central Avenue)

Foaming

Attention Foamers!

There is a new place to interact, called Foam Place.

Directions: Q22, Q113, N31, N32, N33 to Mott Avenue and B.20 street or (A) to Far Rockaway Avenue/Mott Avenue

At Central Avenue/Mott Avenue walk on Central Avenue one Block, and Turn Right.

From Far Rockaway R.R Station, walk to Nameoke Street, turn left, walk to Central Avenue, turn right, and walk two blocks down, and make a left.

Driving Directions:

Get onto LIE and take signs for Cross Island Parkway

Take Cross Island Parkway which turns to Laurelton Pkwy which turns to Belt Pkwy. Take Exit 21A and turn left at Rockaway Blvd. Then when you approach Route 878 (Nassau Expwy) turn left. Nassau Expwy turns into Rockaway Blvd, and keep right at all times. Keep going, and Rockaway Blvd turns into Nassau Expwy. Turn right at Central Avenue,left on Mott Avenue, left on B.18 street, and left at Foam Place, and you are there.

Street shots to let you know that you got there https://maps.google....,92.48,,1,-8.82

Activities

Education (there is a school at Foam Place and Central Avenue)

Foaming

...............Are you seriously that bored? >_>

Transit changed their mind again...all buses will complete their (Sunday) run as scheduled.

That was the plan all along; they just needed folks to get to where they were going quickly to evacuate the streets.

Now, of course we were gonna complete our Sunday schedules since #1, what are we gonna do when we get back to the depot, right? #2, it gives the shifters enough time to park all buses coming into the depot at a slow pace rather all at once; trying to park the remainder of buses at 9pm would've been a madhouse.

I stayed at the depot after my run last night, so got a full 24 hour shift in, then found a way home.

That was the plan all along; they just needed folks to get to where they were going quickly to evacuate the streets.

Now, of course we were gonna complete our Sunday schedules since #1, what are we gonna do when we get back to the depot, right? #2, it gives the shifters enough time to park all buses coming into the depot at a slow pace rather all at once; trying to park the remainder of buses at 9pm would've been a madhouse.

I stayed at the depot after my run last night, so got a full 24 hour shift in, then found a way home.

I was gonna do the same but damn they don't have no where to sleep at KB lol

330 buses are expected to shuttle passengers from the Brooklyn stations to Manhattan. The buses will have dedicated lanes going over Manhattan Bridge and Williamsburg Bridge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who lived in Staten Island who uses Staten Island Ferry commute, latest update:

The city's Transportation Commissioner said that damage to both Staten Island Ferry terminals is the reason why ferry service has not yet been restored.

Janette Sadik-Khan said that in addition, there was damage to electrical components that operate the movable ramps.

"As we've cleaned the terminals around the clock and closely assessed and repaired each slip, we're getting closer to having all the pieces necessary to restore service safely," she said in a statement sent to the news media and ferry riders via email. "We still have more damage assessment and recovery left at St. George in particular before we will have a firm estimate on when service will resume, but we hope to make an announcement soon."

She said that the ferries themselves were securely moored throughout the storm.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/city_hopes_for_announcement_so.html

Edited by w8Hou

BROOKLYN - MANHATTAN SUBWAY SHUTTLE BUS STOPS:

Buses will depart from the Atlantic Av-Barclays Center (D)(R)(4)(5) LIRR, Jay St-MetroTech (A)(F) and Hewes St/Broadway (J). and will run along the Bowery and 3rd Avenue (contra-flow)

The buses will stop at

---Delancey St/Bowery (northbound), Spring St/Bowery (southbound).

--- 9th St

--- 14th St

--- 23rd St

--- 33rd St

--- 42nd St

--- 54th St.

----before turning around to 57th St

Edited by w8Hou

lol soo i rode 4710 on the Bx41!! damm bus finished me...and i sat in my favorite seat throughout the wholee ride!! all the way in the back! bus is amazing...and it does have LBSS....but it shifts a little slower...i've been trying to find a video that shows what it sounds like...it sounds like 4821...as seen in this video

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

I rode the "bus bridge" from 42nd to 14th Streets, then a whole bunch of other buses to get to Fulton and back. Buses were coming hard and fast (like 3 or 4 at a time every 90 seconds) and crowding wasn't any worse than what should be expected from a city bus (your results may vary as some were VERY crowded). Later I rode (in no particular order) the M15SBS, the M5, the M14, and the M21. The M15s and M5s were worse than the shuttle buses. The M34 and M42 were pretty bad too, but the M14 was no worse than usual.