BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Im wondering why is JFK getting all the 2003 model when it has enough D60HFs from 2000?

To answer your question the 2000 D60HF's have low MDBF's so they are being swapped with the better 2003 D60HF's. Since JFK is not so big on maintance they will give the Bronx back the 2000 so they can be fixed up and last a little longer than they would at JFK.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training buses are not selected at random. The buses used for training are specifically set up with a trolley brake connection in the front. This is so the instructor can stop the bus when he/she needs to.

Yes, but what I meant was that they don't take say all of the training buses from one depot.  It obviously has to be balanced to some degree so that each depot has enough buses to make service.

Yes, but what I meant was that they don't take say all of the training buses from one depot. It obviously has to be balanced to some degree so that each depot has enough buses to make service.

I'm pretty sure every depot has at least one bus that doubles as a training bus

It's gonna be all artics...

Hope that answered your question.

To answer your question the 2000 D60HF's have low MDBF's so they are being swapped with the better 2003 D60HF's. Since JFK is not so big on maintance they will give the Bronx back the 2000 so they can be fixed up and last a little longer than they would at JFK.

That's not what it is at all.

The D60HF fleet in GENERAL have low MDBF. They are supposedly swapping them out because they haven't been fairing out well at JFK. The idea of having 14-15 year old artics with some of the worst MDBF ratings operate on one of the busiest lines in Queens was the worst idea to ever be conjured up.

Edited by Cait Sith

That's not what it is at all.

The D60HF fleet in GENERAL have low MDBF. They are supposedly swapping them out because they haven't been fairing out well at JFK. The idea of having 14-15 year old artics with some of the worst MDBF ratings operate on one of the busiest lines in Queens was the worst idea to ever be conjured up.

Well I knew they had bad MDBF you can just hear those buses and tell that they weren't that great. I had a feeling when I found out JFK was getting 2000's I knew they weren't going to last long. Weren't all the 2000's suppose to be retired before the MTA announced that the Q10 was going to be an artic line? Guess that artic order is going to be postponed until next year. Edited by NewFlyer 230

Just heard on the bus radio. The ta is on the look out for an 11 y.o. male that has gone missing on the b38 not going to give his name (i heard that too)because 1.its illegal to release without the parents consent

2. I don't know if the child is officially missing or not

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9656 on the 44 local with a fast ass B/O, 9380 on the B57 with the signs saying "Bx13 Yankee Stadium" until I told the B/O to change the sign. & 4991 on the Q56 going home. I'd say my day was pretty interesting. Plus I got a bouns from some design I made so I shopped my butt off lol

Hold on, I thought 9656 was scrapped?

Guess it's not lol. That RTS looked really nice on the inside too. Driver's sheild & everything. Only draw back was that the back was half re-painted.

Nah, that bus is dunzo. Must have been something else.

Guess it's not lol. That RTS looked really nice on the inside too. Driver's sheild & everything. Only draw back was that the back was half re-painted.

Are you sure it wasn't 9686? 9656 is retired.

Edited by Cait Sith

Didn't the replacement bus go up in flames too, or was it a car accident it got involved (can't remember)?

The second one was destroyed in an accident. Driver suffered a medical emergency (forgot what it was) behind the wheel on the B44 and ran into a pole on New York Av and Empire Blvd.

...come to think of it, it should still be at Eastchester to this day (at least when I last went there) with the face smashed in.