BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Impossible. Unless that's a loaner, there's no split school trips on the Q44. I saw that same bus on the Q17 tonight.

What you probably saw was 8027, which WAS on the Q44 tripper this afternoon.

No I saw 8072 and that bus probably turned into the Q17 when it got to Jamaica but oh well.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious: I wonder if the MTA should consider studying the idea for a late night route network (one that runs from 12 AM to 5 AM). The idea for this is based on the Blue Light Network that exists in Toronto, where they have routes that run differently from the daytime routes, but service most of the city. The TTC system is the second-largest mass transit system in North America by usage...only the MTA here is larger, and by usage per person, they're about the same.

I make no proposals here, but what do you think of the concept?

Edited by aemoreira81

Curious: I wonder if the MTA should consider studying the idea for a late night route network (one that runs from 12 AM to 5 AM). The idea for this is based on the Blue Light Network that exists in Toronto, where they have routes that run differently from the daytime routes, but service most of the city. The TTC system is the second-largest mass transit system in North America by usage...only the MTA here is larger, and by usage per person, they're about the same.

I make no proposals here, but what do you think of the concept?

It's not a terrible idea.  The set up you mentioned existed as well when I lived in Florence.  It wasn't hard to figure out either, but Florence is a relatively small city in comparison to New York City.  I think it would have to be studied extensively as to what the benefits (if any) would be.  People here in NYC are confused and clueless enough as it is when it comes to transportation, and having that may actually make matters worse.

Well that, and they barely ran last summer because of a problem with one of them caused all of them to be pulled off the road until they were fixed.

Why do you think the older C40s stayed for so long

Now I remember the spring summer 2013 issue yeah I saw barely any Orion 7's from April to like late July which is when the last of the C40's bit the dust thanks for the clarification.

I saw a bus that said Connecticut Football (or something like that), what does that mean, a bus for the football team?

Also it didn't have any people on it when I passed it.

There are codes for both Columbia Football (9159) and Columbia University (9160).

11127015156_8e57cd7c12_b.jpgIMG_4061 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

Edited by GojiMet86

IMO the [b43] should be out of grand Ave depot it is nowhere near JG

Most B43 trips are interlined with the B16 now so if you're doing one route, most likely you're gonna do the other at one point during the day

9849 will be around till the 23rd.

Finally...

You know, I'm never one to rag on ops, but I've got one of the most incompetent people in human history driving this M2. This guy should not be driving a bus, let alone any vehicle upwards of a mobility scooter. He has no idea how to change lanes, so we either sit for an entire traffic light if not more behind a double parked car (this is 5th Ave, there are four-five full lanes) or we dangerously cut off traffic at speed when pulling out of a lane. He honks at everything and everybody, and he makes these insanely over dramatic driving maneuvers whenever anybody comes near the bus, swerving wildly. He's also slow as hell when I know for a fact he's running extremely late. He doesn't know how to signal, either. Even his announcements are for all the wrong buses.

You know, I'm never one to rag on ops, but I've got one of the most incompetent people in human history driving this M2. This guy should not be driving a bus, let alone any vehicle upwards of a mobility scooter. He has no idea how to change lanes, so we either sit for an entire traffic light if not more behind a double parked car (this is 5th Ave, there are four-five full lanes) or we dangerously cut off traffic at speed when pulling out of a lane. He honks at everything and everybody, and he makes these insanely over dramatic driving maneuvers whenever anybody comes near the bus, swerving wildly. He's also slow as hell when I know for a fact he's running extremely late. He doesn't know how to signal, either. Even his announcements are for all the wrong buses.

LMAO.... Manhattanville seems to be full of those types of drivers on the M2.  It's supposed to be LIMITED, but it feels like anything but a limited.