BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Mr VG8, which one do you think is the best?

Growing up and being from South Brooklyn, I always liked Ulmer Park Depot's logo with the hands and arms if you will... Looks interesting from a far... I think the Bronx believe it or not had the coolest logos... Walnut Depot, Coliseum, Mother Clara Hale were all interesting to look at, as was Amsterdam Depot (Manhattan Division, both the old and current logo)... I don't have a favorite per se, but I think Jackie Gleason Depot has to be one of the most original ones since Gleason was supposedly a B/O... That West Farms Depot logo is a cool one in terms of the concept with the trolley car above the bus showing the past and the current if you will. Eastchester is a nice one too. I think most of them are decent actually... Just that East New York and Flatbush one that's really blah... Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Growing up and being from South Brooklyn, I always liked Ulmer Park Depot's logo with the hands and arms if you will... Looks interesting from a far... I think the Bronx believe it or not had the coolest logos... Walnut Depot, Coliseum, Mother Clara Hale were all interesting to look at, as was Amsterdam Depot (Manhattan Division, both the old and current logo)... I don't have a favorite per se, but I think Jackie Gleason Depot has to be one of the most original ones since Gleason was supposedly a B/O... That West Farms Depot logo is a cool one in terms of the concept with the trolley car above the bus showing the past and the current if you will. Eastchester is a nice one too. I think most of them are decent actually... Just that East New York and Flatbush one that's really blah...

Well there you have it folks. Anybody else...?

Growing up and being from South Brooklyn, I always liked Ulmer Park Depot's logo with the hands and arms if you will... Looks interesting from a far... I think the Bronx believe it or not had the coolest logos... Walnut Depot, Coliseum, Mother Clara Hale were all interesting to look at, as was Amsterdam Depot (Manhattan Division, both the old and current logo)... I don't have a favorite per se, but I think Jackie Gleason Depot has to be one of the most original ones since Gleason was supposedly a B/O... That West Farms Depot logo is a cool one in terms of the concept with the trolley car above the bus showing the past and the current if you will. Eastchester is a nice one too. I think most of them are decent actually... Just that East New York and Flatbush one that's really blah...

Yeaahh these are my top five

1.Spring Creek-Just looks very creative and abstract.

2. Jackie Gleason-Just a dope looking logo

3. Gun Hill-Reminds me of the movie Top Gun

4. Ulmer Park-Grew up riding those buses so I just love looking at that sticker

5. Castleton- The colors look good on the buses/the picture really fits the depots name.

5. Castleton- The colors look good on the buses/the picture really fits the depots name.

I actually hate that Castleton logo and that hideous orange... <_< Yukon Depot... I like the moosehead... Charleston and Meredith are nice depot logos...

I say all NYCT depots in Queens need new stickers. CS just looks so old they haven't had RTS's for a while excluding the few 1996 units. JA needs a redesign and QV needs new colors and logo.

I can agree with that...

My favorite had got to be Meredith..

I mean seriously, that's some awesome shit right there.

I also like Grand, but it looks weird on RTS's and from afar.

On another note, I hate QV's, It gets really boring really quick.

I agree with the last part about QV's being somewhat dull.

Top Gun? Really?

I actually hate that Castleton logo and that hideous orange... <_< Yukon Depot... I like the moosehead... Charleston and Meredith are nice depot logos...

I can agree with that...

You hate Castleton's logo? I think it's cool. The one I hate the most is JFK's. Way to green for my liking. Not too fond of LGA's either.

You hate Castleton's logo? I think it's cool. The one I hate the most is JFK's. Way to green for my liking. Not too fond of LGA's either.

That logo could be so much better... JFK's is cool actually and LGA's isn't bad either.... LGA's could be better... I really wish they would upgrade the logos and get rid of those damn RTSs... Yonkers Depot is great but why not put an MCI in it instead of that fishbowl or whatever that's supposed to be... Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I can pretty much agree that JAM, QV, FB and ENY are pretty lazy in design.

I have five of my favorites:

#5. Far Rockaway -- The theme is good.

#4. JFK -- Aminous.

#3. Ulmer Park -- Shows a good unity sign.

#2. Gun Hill -- His an patriotic/military feel to it.

#1. Tuskegee -- You can guess.

Edited by Metro CSW

FR has 05s due to lack of buses. That's why SC's CNGs have been spotted on the FR routes.

i know what they have, these buses are temporary till the depot is reopened. But I am assuming once the depot is open they will go back to their typical group of hybrids.

They're assigned to FR but stored at JFK.

thanks! Someone answered my question directly rather than going off topic! Edited by Grand Concourse

lol... When West Farms Depot opened... Used to be the Coliseum Depot before then... In any event you must be smoking if you think Spring Creek has the best logo... <_<

indeed, a 3rd grader could do better than that sorry excuse of a logo that sc has. Smh.

Now Tuskegee, that's a good logo. ^_^

shame the depot itself has been failing going by what people are saying about the buses there.

Certainly better than the old one... Now if they could get a new logo for Flatbush.... That and that ENY depot logo has to be the two worst logos in the system!

no. As long as there are still RTSs here, then there's no need for a change. If you think they are so bad then what do you want to change about them? What are your solutions? Edited by Grand Concourse

Well the colors on the NYC flag is blue, white and orange so that's why some depots have the blue/orange look to it...

-ENY

-Fresh Pond

-Castleton

-Stengel

Something I noticed though...the hybrid on the new Amsterdam sticker is the exact hybrid on the Grand Av sticker...look at both of them side by side and you'll see what I mean

As long as there are still RTSs here, then there's no need for a change. If you think they are so bad then what do you want to change about them? What are your solutions?

Are you kidding me?? Tell me how an RTS represents Flatbush? That "logo" has no imagination whatsoever... They should call whoever did the Eastchester depot logo and have them come up with something for Flatbush and East New York.

Are you kidding me?? Tell me how an RTS represents Flatbush? That "logo" has no imagination whatsoever... They should call whoever did the Eastchester depot logo and have them come up with something for Flatbush and East New York.

Flatbush is more than 50% RTS, and at one point had 100% RTS fleet. It represents the depot.

I know we can have our likes and dislikes, but who's going to pay a graphic designer for new depot logos? What average rider even pays attention to those things?

Before the NGs came, it was an all RTS depot. Jeez, for someone that hardly rides the lines here, you complain too much over a friggin depot sticker.

lol, And what put an MCI image for FB? What's the difference if it's a photo shopped image or a painting like Far Rock that shows more of the bus than the front? RTSs are still running at FB and will be for several more years. My guess is that you hate the RTSs that bad you'd prefer the NGs as the logo, right?

Flatbush is more than 50% RTS, and at one point had 100% RTS fleet. It represents the depot.

I know we can have our likes and dislikes, but who's going to pay a graphic designer for new depot logos? What average rider even pays attention to those things?

Exactly. All I see is complaining from a guy that rarely rides the buses in this area. If you polled the average rider, I'd guess most wouldn't give a shit about the logo. Worry about worse logos like SC and then worry about FB or ENY.

Ftr, if they changed the logos, then meh. As long as it doesn't look like a 3rd grader did the logo, *i don't care.*

Edited by Grand Concourse

In fairness, the TA occasionally does these things in-house and holds competitions for employees to design stickers. But you're right, this is filed under Non-Problems.