BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda wish the LFSes had the Titans instead of the Axion. Oh well, doesn't matter......

--------------------

*DIALOGUE TIME:

#8017: I'm back, bitches! B-) Wait, who the f**k are you two? :blink:

#2251 & 4710: New friends!!! heehee :P

Edited by Metro CSW

Ok Turbo that can be true with the three. however the reason why im soo crazy over the XD40

1. The front design.

2. The engine/transmission (oohh my god that sounds amazing, LBSS on and off)

3. The way the HVAC looks on the roof

4. The seating arrangement/types of seats. Very comfortable/roomy, lots of leg room. I love the single seats in the back. ETC.

5. The interior lighting nice and bright.

6. The pull cord, well that's for all buses. And how the stop requested buttons look.

6. Fast Fast Fast.

7. The heat/AC is perfect. And the HVAC sounds nice.

8. The way it takes bumps. Oohh!

Yeahh these are the reasons why its my number 1 bus. I don't think nothing in the future can beat it. Well to me

MTS RTS> Xcelsior.

Kinda wish the LFSes had the Titans instead of the Axion. Oh well, doesn't matter......

--------------------

*DIALOGUE TIME:

Wait, the rolling flamethrower is back? Everyone get your fire extenguishers out

...i crack myself up sometimes

Inspired by Turbo19, I too wanted to give my opinion on the Xcelsiors. My local transit agency serves a town that is quite small, with about 12-13 buses (and only 3 Xcelsiors in the entire fleet) but I see them enough and for 2~ weeks my rides were almost exclusively XD40s. Not all the features on them are the same as on the MTA's, but w/e.

Besides D40LFs and XD40s, the other buses in the fleet are Blue Bird Ultra LFs (terrible capacity) and the Orion VI, so you can see my odds here...

The interior is alright... nothing special that defines it from the D40LFs (which also run here) or D40LFRs, which I used to see quite a bit as well. One thing I like is how the lights progressively dim after the front doors have closed, instead of immediately shutting off completely.

The heating is EXCELLENT. The XD40 is the only bus that I can ride on in the middle of winter without feeling cold. I always resent having to transfer to a colder bus for this reason. :lol:

Except in the rearmost row of seats, part of the window frame runs directly across the window, blocking the view from outside, so -1 for that.

Engines still have a 'new' sound to them, but I have a feeling that that will wear off much like it did on other buses.

Overall, I don't find these buses to be particularly excellent or anything (plus, they're not Orion Vs) but for heating they certainly deliver. I have yet to ride a Nova LFS so I don't care which bus ends up running on the streets of New York.

--------------------

*DIALOGUE TIME:

Not for nothing, but these dialogue things gotta stop.

I never knew that amsterdam was near manhattanville? and also was amsterdam every articulated qualified when it opened?

while i am here im looking at the pick sheet on lgaunion for CP depot (queens surface) there is a list of runs at 30th street.. 30th street and where and what is there?

I never knew that amsterdam was near manhattanville? and also was amsterdam every articulated qualified when it opened?

while i am here im looking at the pick sheet on lgaunion for CP depot (queens surface) there is a list of runs at 30th street.. 30th street and where and what is there?

...hell no, have you ever been too Amsterdam Depot? The steep incline to get into the fuel station is enough to break the artic joint, the ceilings are too low to be able to lift the bus to a good working height, and the pits can only accommodate 40ft buses. Not to mention the lack of adequate parking. I'm actually dumbfounded as to how they pulled hybrids in every night without high-centering the buses...

Finally rode an Allison LFS for the first time last night.

After I got off work, I totally forgot about the (7) G.O (although I was waiting right next to a poster lol), and when I saw the double yellow at that crossover, I knew I was screwed since I pretty much walked to the front for nothing. But I digress...

I walk over the bridge at Queensboro and I see an LFS sitting there so I was really contemplating on walking. Then I saw the number and it was 8011.

Needless to say, I like that one, still dont understand the point of the 3/4 door tho

Spotted 137 again on the Q35. I forget if it's from LGA or BP. Both times the bus passes by too fast before I could get a look at the depot sticker. Been an interesting few months lately on the Q35.

It belongs to Far Rockaway now, It came from BP before. I remember seeing it there a few weeks back.

I got on the Q47 today. I went and took my seat. It smelled funny, so I moved up. Then it the bad odor smelled strong. So Then I knew that it came from this obese guy. God he was stinking up the damn bus (couldn't moved because it got crowded), and I can't get the odor out of my nose even though this happened about 5 hours ago smh.