BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after I got off work earlier, I decided to take the bus home (B43 to B15) instead of the train. As soon as I get to Woodhull, an RTS is already there. So when I got up to walk to the bus, guess what comes around the corner...

...them headlights in the night sky was a dead giveaway for me lol

I looked at the schedule and it was supposed to be 30 mins behind it but then the driver said he was leaving in 5 minutes. Since it was a little bit of time I said fcuk it and got on it.

I have this little habit of counting the gears when im bored, and with the LBSS it doesn't seem like the bus has a 2nd lockup. Im up front looking at the shift pad and it doesn't grunt (or lack of a better word for it) in 2nd but rather it does it in 1st instead.

So im thinking one of a few possibilities...

1. 1st, 2nd lockup, 3rd

2. 1st, 1st lockup, 2nd, 3rd

3. 1st, 2nd, 3rd

this was with me yesterday on the B68, so you know Coney Island ave is very long and straight, you can look down and see if more buses are coming. so my bus 455, gets very packed, while 471 and 392 are behind us. EVERYONE gets on 455 (my bus) fully packed, and watch 471 pass us (with like 7 people total, and our having like 77 people, standees in the high section finally!) then two stops later 392 passes us, with about a 2 seats empty, no standees. And our bus still packed SMH.

Have they ever thought about a B68 LTD?

I tend to see lots of people in Brooklyn using the high floor section. Especially on the B6, B41, B44, and B46. Not so much in the other boroughs though.

There should be a new one by now. BTW, someone reported #1808 is back in service.

I highly doubt it. Last time I saw the bus (Friday @ 2pm) it was up on the lift waiting for parts. Since GA CMF is not open on weekends, I doubt they finished with the bus, put it back on the floor, transported it back to NICE, had it DOT inspected, had it NICE inspected, then put it back into revenue service all in one weekend...this is the MTA and Nassau County we're dealing with here lol

I highly doubt it. Last time I saw the bus (Friday @ 2pm) it was up on the lift waiting for parts. Since GA CMF is not open on weekends, I doubt they finished with the bus, put it back on the floor, transported it back to NICE, had it DOT inspected, had it NICE inspected, then put it back into revenue service all in one weekend...this is the MTA and Nassau County we're dealing with here lol

I wonder if the MTA put in a new Clever Devices system or if NICE is gonna have to do that.

How come the MTA bus schedules online were never updated. Don't tell me they are waiting until spring -_-

MTA Bus's pick doesnt start till the 20th I think for a few depots, I know College Point is one of them.

Edited by Cait Sith

I still think the drivers shields on the RTS looks retarded as shit. Im on 4956 now on the B44 (still says ENY on it). They should've at least removed the crowd bar

498 been T-boned??

How? Where? how bad?

-A car ran I to the side of it

-On the line 498 was on

-Bad enough to put it out of service

Edited by Fresh Pond

I was wondering why was the orignial mta mci 4500 ct's rejected?

Something about the keeping the regen system on at all times. The MTA wanted to but MCI said not to cuz it will get severely hot back there. Naturally the MTA didn't listen so the people at MCI took a block of wood and put it under the exhaust pipe. Sure enough the wood burst into flames.

So that's when the schedules will be updated and the guide a ride boxes will have maps and schedules in them?

Not necessarily... Those would usually be done in advance if they're going to do them. It seems as if this is an ongoing problem and if it is you should be writing to the (MTA) to complain about it, otherwise nothing will be done. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

So that's when the schedules will be updated and the guide a ride boxes will have maps and schedules in them?

The boxes, I don't know. They still havent updated the Q24 schedules out here, but the online schedules they usually do it in a week or two in advance.