BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The exact bus I took was 7048, and yeah I remember seeing a picture of 7000 when it was rehabbed. Looked good (even though I'm not big on RTS' so much, but the buses look way better when they're repainted).

I don't even care about that, I'm just registering what went down on the X5 yesterday ! Like I said, my luck is picking up this year.

lol... I know you don't...  :lol:

Took the X1 today, got 2289. Excellent ride quality. The Cummins ISL9 is more than good enough to get that thing going, too. Got an old MCI D4500 on the :bus_bullet_x38: going home; didn't bother looking at the number. It was rattly. That is all.

You're missing out. The 2400s are amazing, probably one of the greatest looking buses the MTA has roaming on the streets.

I remember during fare-free week after Hurricane Sandy hit I was taking the express buses back and forth between Brooklyn or Staten island and Manhattan...rode the Prevosts on the X1, X27 and X28. So while everyone was schlepping to take the shuttle buses between Brooklyn and Manhattan waiting over an hour to get on a bus with line control in the masses, I was taking the express buses (a majority of them Prevosts) and enjoying a comfortable ride. :D

What a day !!! Started off with a 7000 on the S93 Limited heading to school, then after my 10:00 class ended (my 2:30 class was canceled !) I met up with my friend and rode a Prevost on the X5. A girl gets on, she sits next to me and we started talking about the bus network and how she also likes to travel places. My driver friend and I kept glancing at me in the mirror giving me looks and whatnot, but oh my goodness, she was cute as f*** ! Too bad she had a boyfriend and she's like 7-8 years older than me, but we exchanged Facebooks and I even made her laugh by showing her a meme that I saved on my phone. So yeah, my first time riding the X5 and it was a moment I will never forget. March 18th, 2013 will forever be a memorable day lol.

#transitfanmac

New Rotary Bus Lifts...

[image]

Interesting

This went over my head for some reason. Yes, rotary lifts. For lifting buses. What is interesting? It should be cheaper with no installation, I get that. Is it supposed to signify something else, too?

(Serious question. And I predict I'll look quite the fool once I get the answer.)

This went over my head for some reason. Yes, rotary lifts. For lifting buses. What is interesting? It should be cheaper with no installation, I get that. Is it supposed to signify something else, too?

(Serious question. And I predict I'll look quite the fool once I get the answer.)

I just  said interesting because they look interesting... 

Different from the Steril koni lifts theyve been using for years

I see... I thought you were one of those Staten Islanders that drove over the Verrazano and got the express bus in Bay Ridge or something...

Lol.....

When I looked at Google Street View at Cooper Av/61st St, I see Q39 bus sitting on sidewalk on Cooper Av. Is because street is narrow and B/O has no choice but to park on sidewalk?

For those wondering what Yuki is talking about, See Here....

Yeah, I noticed that a while back also (on google)... Anyway, yeah, cooper av is tight... I believe that's still done out there, but I have noticed some Q39 drivers just laying over over there at 61st & st felix (the 2nd to last stop) & using the terminal on 60th/cooper as a pickup stop towards LIC, instead of laying over there instead....

New Rotary Bus Lifts...

EB70A55D-6109-4376-A2E4-7327990A3387-182

Interesting

They ordered these because they come standard with a detachable extension that fits under the dual wheels at the rear (and center on the D/XD60). With the Koni's, the attachment costs extra. I was there when the first set came into the training bays at Zerega back in November. Edited by Blitz

I just said interesting because they look interesting...

Different from the Steril koni lifts theyve been using for years

They've been using the Koni's for about 10 years. Before that, it was Hyaweema (no clue if I spelled that right).

Lol.....

For those wondering what Yuki is talking about, See Here....

Yeah, I noticed that a while back also (on google)... Anyway, yeah, cooper av is tight... I believe that's still done out there, but I have noticed some Q39 drivers just laying over over there at 61st & st felix (the 2nd to last stop) & using the terminal on 60th/cooper as a pickup stop towards LIC, instead of laying over there instead....

Something interesting I want to point out. In B35's link of Cooper Av, if you directly at #123 from the north you see an operator standing out in front of the front doorway. I assume he's operating #107 because when you look at #123 from the south you can see the actual operator of #123 sitting in the first operator side passenger seat.

If you're bored I'll get to the point. Even without zooming inward you can see smoke coming out of the dude's hand. Talk about a double standard, am I right?

Really! Wow they went from 5113 to 5124

Yeah they only put orange signs in because the current ones have broken. 5124's sign was messed up anyways so they changed it I got a picture of it. Messed me up real good!! I came out the store & saw a 24 at the end & said wtf?? I read the # 5124.

Yeah they only put orange signs in because the current ones have broken. 5124's sign was messed up anyways so they changed it I got a picture of it. Messed me up real good!! I came out the store & saw a 24 at the end & said wtf?? I read the # 5124.

good to know, I was wondering if they were still changing the signs or not. Don't remember if I said this already, but 9654 has a partition. Only 9600 I've seen so far with one.

Just wondering, who was the member that began distingushing Orion VII's by the terms First, Second, Next, & Third Generation? No disrespect but I fail to see the logic in doing so. Would anyone care to elaborate on the classifications?