BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does the B35 turn down.flatbush from church ave...instead of continuing down church?

They use Linden from Flatbush to Nostrand. The Flatbush stop going towards Brownsville mobbed all the way back to 21 St (literally making it a 1 block walk from Ocean, should you miss the bus)

They was supposed to start that project back in October then they pushed it back, then hurricane Sandy came and it was pushed back again

I'm mixed on the seating style of the newer Lfsa. I am glad the conversation seats are gone, but I would've preferred they kept the one pair of forward facing seats and had on inner facing seat instead of both removing the whole thing and 2 inner facing seats for a total loss of 4 seats. If anything, they could've made up the difference by making the mid section seats as 2x1 instead of the 4x4 inner facing benches.

I'm mixed on the seating style of the newer Lfsa. I am glad the conversation seats are gone, but I would've preferred they kept the one pair of forward facing seats and had on inner facing seat instead of both removing the whole thing and 2 inner facing seats for a total loss of 4 seats. If anything, they could've made up the difference by making the mid section seats as 2x1 instead of the 4x4 inner facing benches.

The LFSAs didnt loose any seats...when the conversations seats were there...the back had 17 seats....now it still has 17 seats...with the new layout. 

I agree that the mid section...after the second door in the first half should be 2x1. And the mid section after the articulated joint should be also 2x1...making soo much more room. 

Really? It looks like they lost some seats. Then again I haven't really checked and was on it for 1 limited stop. But yes, they could've had more seats as they don't really need that much space for standing (nothing to hold onto in the direct center). People have to step up to sit down, may as well let more ppl get a seat. I hate the bench seats because the pole in the middle feels restrictive I mean ideally a 4 across is really for 3 ppl and 1 child. That's why I prefer the forward facing seats so if I have to sit in a two seater, I can sit near the edge of the seat with room to move.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Lol, didn't cp decorate an mci bus with some lights on the inside some years back? I remember seeing an image of it.

It was an MCI out of QV actually... with Xmas decorations... Little mini party inside of the bus....

Lmfaoo if you go towards the left...you see the back of the bus has a tail.

LOL... Yeah the bus seems to be all over the town too...

Guest Charles

Q17 question --

I've taken the bus about 5-6 times within the past 2 weeks and every time, the bus operator announces the last stop at Jamaica Av and lays over there. I mean, I'm not complaining as Jamaica & Archer are just one block apart and I don't mind the walk, but is this the new norm for the 17 southbound?

Q17 question --

I've taken the bus about 5-6 times within the past 2 weeks and every time, the bus operator announces the last stop at Jamaica Av and lays over there. I mean, I'm not complaining as Jamaica & Archer are just one block apart and I don't mind the walk, but is this the new norm for the 17 southbound?

Yes. Think its due to the construction in the area. I'll double check tomorrow.

Speaking of announcements, I always wondered why B41 limited drivers (nb heading to the Junction) would announce transfers to the Q35 rather than the B103 and BM2. I mean it's not like the B103 is a competitor anymore (under the mta umbrella) and maybe there are people heading to the Canarsie end of the the line. I do believe they are announcing the B103 more now when they mention the transfers. But the Q35 I still find strange since people should've taken the Q35 across the street at Kings Highway. Just a small nitpick and curiosity.

What a day !!! Started off with a 7000 on the S93 Limited heading to school, then after my 10:00 class ended (my 2:30 class was canceled !) I met up with my friend and rode a Prevost on the X5. A girl gets on, she sits next to me and we started talking about the bus network and how she also likes to travel places. My driver friend and I kept glancing at me in the mirror giving me looks and whatnot, but oh my goodness, she was cute as f*** ! Too bad she had a boyfriend and she's like 7-8 years older than me, but we exchanged Facebooks and I even made her laugh by showing her a meme that I saved on my phone. So yeah, my first time riding the X5 and it was a moment I will never forget. March 18th, 2013 will forever be a memorable day lol.

Tuesday morning. 8am. Nova LFSA #5808. "Bx12 INWOOD BWAY-207 ST via PELHAM PKY via FORDHAM RD"

It's confusing enough when I see a non-wrapped artic on the Bx12 SBS now that the blue lights are banned, but when the B/O puts in the local display on top of that instead of the code that displays "SELECT BUS SERVICE"? Even a foamer is going to assume that you are a local Bx12.

What a day !!! Started off with a 7000 on the S93 Limited heading to school, then after my 10:00 class ended (my 2:30 class was canceled !) I met up with my friend and rode a Prevost on the X5. A girl gets on, she sits next to me and we started talking about the bus network and how she also likes to travel places. My driver friend and I kept glancing at me in the mirror giving me looks and whatnot, but oh my goodness, she was cute as f*** ! Too bad she had a boyfriend and she's like 7-8 years older than me, but we exchanged Facebooks and I even made her laugh by showing her a meme that I saved on my phone. So yeah, my first time riding the X5 and it was a moment I will never forget. March 18th, 2013 will forever be a memorable day lol.

lol... Funny thing is I remember the OLD 7000... It was an old RTS out of Flatbush that had been rehabbed extensively... Stayed in service for a little while and I guess they pulled it eventually.

lol... Funny thing is I remember the OLD 7000... It was an old RTS out of Flatbush that had been rehabbed extensively... Stayed in service for a little while and I guess they pulled it eventually.

The exact bus I took was 7048, and yeah I remember seeing a picture of 7000 when it was rehabbed. Looked good (even though I'm not big on RTS' so much, but the buses look way better when they're repainted).

I don't even care about that, I'm just registering what went down on the X5 yesterday ! Like I said, my luck is picking up this year.

Edited by LRG