BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Ah, got it.

5113 is an absolute monster, anybody ridden that recently? My op on the B1 was racing with that thing, fastest RTS I've ever taken by far. Also, talk about the MTA losing money, I just got off a midday x27 that was exactly on schedule with there only two people on that brand new Prevost--and one of them was me. Not a good model.

Oh boy... Not every single run is going to have TONS of people... I've been on X10's that have had just a few people on them... It happens... It's called fluctuation in ridership. I've been on LIRR trains where I was the only person in the car... Doesn't mean the scheduled train should be canceled because it isn't heavily used.... On the same token though, you want the M8 back and that line certainly doesn't get that many riders outside of rush hour.  <_< Let me guess... Let's give Manhattan all of the service and cut service for the suburban areas or outerboroughs that already have limited service right? Typical... 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy... Not every single run is going to have TONS of people... I've been on X10's that have had just a few people on them... It happens... It's called fluctuation in ridership. I've been on LIRR trains where I was the only person in the car... Doesn't mean the scheduled train should be canceled because it isn't heavily used.... On the same token though, you want the M8 back and that line certainly doesn't get that many riders outside of rush hour.  <_< Let me guess... Let's give Manhattan all of the service and cut service for the suburban areas or outerboroughs that already have limited service right? Typical... 

Uh, the M8 is MILES more cost efficient than the x27 and for that matter a number of express buses...

Ah, got it.

5113 is an absolute monster, anybody ridden that recently? My op on the B1 was racing with that thing, fastest RTS I've ever taken by far. Also, talk about the MTA losing money, I just got off a midday x27 that was exactly on schedule with there only two people on that brand new Prevost--and one of them was me. Not a good model.

On Presidents Day (Monday, but Saturday schedule) I saw Prevost on the X27 in Lower Manhattan with nobody on it. Poor driver, he must have felt lonely.

On Presidents Day (Monday, but Saturday schedule) I saw Prevost on the X27 in Lower Manhattan with nobody on it. Poor driver, he must have felt lonely.

I guess everyone stayed home lol. But in reality, X27 buses are catching up slowly on the weekends.

Well you don't cut weekend service and expect people to come running back right away.  It takes time to get ridership back again.  Factor in the tight economy and the raise in fares and it's understandable.

Wow, 6566 this morning looks so beat up and dented on the rear side.... and next to it was 6582, looking brand new and shit! :lol: To me, ENY is funny sometimes.

Funny thing is 6566 was the first hybrid bus I ever rode on back when was still new to the Pond

...before they beat it up

...and before ENY finished the job lol

Finally got to ride a new Artic on the B44 bus 5334 tonight nice ride.

To bad the seats in the rear already have got graffiti on some of them.

But could someone tell me why some of them have chains on the rear wheels???

I seen and heard 5341 and 5349 go pass me with the chains on.

I was walking and yes the ground was wet, but not slippery.

No need for the chains, this was around 730pm tonight.

Managed to catch two Orion 7s in a row while heading to work: 7603 on the B16 and then 7593 on the B43.

If I caught a non-LBSS New Flyer on either line I wouldn't mind but they're so hard to come by.

Its only the 200s that don't have them and they are almost always on the B35...and to a lesser extent, the B8

Finally got to ride a new Artic on the B44 bus 5334 tonight nice ride.
To bad the seats in the rear already have got graffiti on some of them.

But could someone tell me why some of them have chains on the rear wheels???
I seen and heard 5341 and 5349 go pass me with the chains on.
I was walking and yes the ground was wet, but not slippery.
No need for the chains, this was around 730pm tonight.

This is why we can't have nice things. Ugh.