BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The XD60's air conditioning is the greatest thing since the D60HF's. I can see why the Gun Hill B/O's seemingly don't like/don't want(?) to take out the 1200 LFSA's on the SBS Bx12.

I actually wouldnt mind if they returned 1200-1289 back to Nova.

The HVACs in the Xcelsiors are different from the ones in the majority of the LFSAs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what? That's like saying parts of the Bronx have the (2) and the (5) so therefore their transportation needs are met, even though apparently the (2) and the (5) run like sh*t, hence one reason the BxM11 runs parallel to the (2) but gets good usage.  Same thing with the (R). It runs like sh*t and that's why the X28 is needed because it provides a quick alternative and is used well.

And? Yeah, the buses get used. Good. The more people use them the better, as that means more bang for the buck in terms of running them. Your point being?

And? Yeah, the buses get used. Good. The more people use them the better, as that means more bang for the buck in terms of running them. Your point being?

You know what my point is.  Stop being in denial that the (R) runs like sh*t and that just because a neighborhood has a subway line then that automatically means that their transportation needs are met.

The HVACs in the Xcelsiors are different from the ones in the majority of the LFSAs. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And they still suck ass at the rear of the bus.

So who on here took the inaugural Bx41 +SBS+ ?

Not moi, but I was out there to shoot it. I did see a lot of empty buses....some were packed, but there were quite a bunch that were empty...

Edited by Cait Sith

You know what my point is.  Stop being in denial that the (R) runs like sh*t and that just because a neighborhood has a subway line then that automatically means that their transportation needs are met.

That can't be your point since I don't think the (R) is great. It gets the job done, though. It's worst moments are the drop-outs at 59 St during rushours. Otherwise, for the ridership it gets (and the amount of trains they can squeeze into 60th street tube), headways are OK. And yes, it'll be ok when the Montague tube gets closed. Dekalb, etc...

That can't be your point since I don't think the (R) is great. It gets the job done, though. It's worst moments are the drop-outs at 59 St during rushours. Otherwise, for the ridership it gets (and the amount of trains they can squeeze into 60th street tube), headways are OK. And yes, it'll be ok when the Montague tube gets closed. Dekalb, etc...

Well the headways have never been the issue. If I were to look at the schedule I'd say the (R) runs relatively average with most trains in the system.  Unfortunately the schedule is just that... A schedule, because the trains show up whenever they want and the waits are terribly long, whether you're in Brooklyn or Manhattan.  I can remember waiting on numerous occasions for an eternity at Whitehall or at 59th or 86th for a train.

Why di busbwoy nah stop pah di 'ospital no moh'.... limeeted ah replaace wid di long bus wid di blue flashin ting on top....

yaaaaaaaa bossman, bus tun up 'pon 'pon ruhggers now instead ah new yaak avenew.....

We both know how people in this part of Brooklyn are..... muggs around here are gonna be PISSED.

I'm lmao just thinking about how some ppl. are goin react to it

lol, you encapsulated it perfectly

So who on here took the inaugural Bx41 +SBS+ ?

Um... Yuki did.  :P I do want to check out the Bx15 when I get the chance.

Edited by Mysterious2train

I'd take that as opposed to having the HVAC suck about everywhere else...

And the messed up part is they've been tuning up the HVAC system on some of the LFSA's, or so I've been hearing...

They have, the ones on the M60 especially are cold as hell on the inside.

The Xcelsior HVACs, its cold at the front and a bit towards the middle, it sucks so much in the middle and the rear.

They have, the ones on the M60 especially are cold as hell on the inside.

The Xcelsior HVACs, its cold at the front and a bit towards the middle, it sucks so much in the middle and the rear.

This is true.  I tested that on a S54 when they had them and was shocked.  There's like no AC in the back.  :lol:

Im on 4875 right now on the B36...and the bus driver just stops at west 5th to buy some food....what a fatass...stoppin in the middle of the route for like 5 mins.......smh...these B/Os need to be watched or layed off....

Smfh.....now hes stopping next to buses that are at the stop having a conversation while hes sitting in the middle of the road stopping traffic!

Im on 4875 right now on the B36...and the bus driver just stops at west 5th to buy some food....what a fatass...stoppin in the middle of the route for like 5 mins.......smh...these B/Os need to be watched or layed off....

Smfh.....now hes stopping next to buses that are at the stop having a conversation while hes sitting in the middle of the road stopping traffic!

Well that would explain why he's probably late...  <_<

I had a bus driver on the M3 who would occasionally go into a store at 110 St and 5 Av. That stop is a timepoint, and there's usually a dispatcher there, so I guess he okays it. Buses usually end up early (like a good 5 or so mins early) or bunching or whatnot. I do ride after the end of AM Rush where lots of buses are heading back uptown (all in service) so I guess it's not terribly difficult for buses to end up early. I do wish the schedule would be revised to reflect this. 

Well that would explain why he's probably late... <_<

He was already f**king latee...

Shytt all those damm B36s were late...there was 3 all rolling together...4875, 5122, and 9616 ...

These B/Os really shouldnt have jobs doing shit like this...people have places to go...

And he was cruising most of the ride...and he was an aggressive driver...honking...running lights...psssing stops...and tailgating..mann i hatee that B/O!

I had a bus driver on the M3 who would occasionally go into a store at 110 St and 5 Av. That stop is a timepoint, and there's usually a dispatcher there, so I guess he okays it. Buses usually end up early (like a good 5 or so mins early) or bunching or whatnot. I do ride after the end of AM Rush where lots of buses are heading back uptown (all in service) so I guess it's not terribly difficult for buses to end up early. I do wish the schedule would be revised to reflect this.

Naa i know timepoints...theres a B/O timepoint at 86st and Stillwell on the B1...and thats understandable...but this what he did was dead rude! There was only 7-8 people so he felt it was ok to do that

The schedules are not that good for some routes. The run time on the BxM18 is quite excessive, so they have to sit and wait otherwise they'll be early.  Could be that way purpose to allow for transfers in some cases but I'm not sure.

He was already f**king latee...

Shytt all those damm B36s were late...there was 3 all rolling together...4875, 5122, and 9616 ...

These B/Os really shouldnt have jobs doing shit like this...people have places to go...

And he was cruising most of the ride...and he was an aggressive driver...honking...running lights...psssing stops...and tailgating..mann i hatee that B/O!

Well Ulmer Park routes are a mess anyway.  Think about it... B36, B6... Both lines bunch like crazy with 3-4 buses running back to back. 

Its pretty much the B/Os faults...they think they own the bus and can do whatever they please...and the main thing...if your a B/O and your running early...stay moving fast...drive normal...because if you sit at a stop until your due time...then traffic comes...then your running late and it all goes downhill...

Its pretty much the B/Os faults...they think they own the bus and can do whatever they please...and the main thing...if your a B/O and your running early...stay moving fast...drive normal...because if you sit at a stop until your due time...then traffic comes...then your running late and it all goes downhill...

Um.... Running hot is a big no no... If they're early they're supposed to wait.  That's a big pet peeve of mine.  I had a BxM1 do that a few Saturdays ago.  He was due to leave the first stop before I got to my stop and I still managed to miss him because he left the terminal early. He also wasn't on Bus Time either but I saw the bus as I was walking to the stop so it must've been him.  I had to wait over an hour for the next bus.  I was pissed and I made sure I wrote in too.  I called the depot and they're talking oh you have to wait.  I said to myself this guy must think I'm an idiot.  I know that B/O came early and now I'm stuck here waiting for an over an hour because the BxM2 by that time I had already come already so walking over to get that wasn't an option either.