BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't you lucky... I just threw on the old rain boots, an Italian sportshirt and a pair of pants and my Canadian parka.  This is not weather to be well dressed in.

Trust...I didn't wear any dress shoes and dress socks. I just put on boots and called it a day

Public transportations screws me up again. It's been raining a lot lately and on top of that its cold. Why the hell does it always take the bus 45 minutes to a hour to come all the time during rush hour the 3:00 hour. So this happened three times where I would come home from school and have to wait 45 minutes just for a Q17 or Q88 to show up. Just unbelievable because it happens all the time even when it's not raining or snowing. It's ashame during rush hour when buses are suppose to run the most frequent they don't and they run all bunched up. That is probably one of the reasons why the (MTA) wants to always to raise the fare because people ultimately ditch public transportation and car pool and find other methods of transportation. The MTA is just horrible when it comes to having reliable bus that actually shows up on or close to time.

Public transportations screws me up again. It's been raining a lot lately and on top of that its cold. Why the hell does it always take the bus 45 minutes to a hour to come all the time during rush hour the 3:00 hour. So this happened three times where I would come home from school and have to wait 45 minutes just for a Q17 or Q88 to show up. Just unbelievable because it happens all the time even when it's not raining or snowing. It's ashame during rush hour when buses are suppose to run the most frequent they don't and they run all bunched up. That is probably one of the reasons why the (MTA) wants to always to raise the fare because people ultimately ditch public transportation and car pool and find other methods of transportation. The MTA is just horrible when it comes to having reliable bus that actually shows up on or close to time.

I highly doubt ridership is dropping in the city, those bus routes are probably late because of traffic. 

Never heard of the TA raising fares cause there loosing ridership.... all of the modes of transport part of the MTA is well used and highest in the country except for maybe B & T.

As long as traffic will be an issue I don't think there's much the TA can do to stop buses from bunching sadly...

As long as traffic will be an issue I don't think there's much the TA can do to stop buses from bunching sadly...

Sure they can and that's the problem.  They are using traffic as if they are completely helpless from improving bus service which is total BS, as there have been several discussions about this topic in other threads.  I also think they are still doing that underhanded practice of not replacing drivers that call out sick.  Yesterday there were two buses that were MIA.  My BxM2 NEVER came in the morning, and I waited over 30 minutes for the next bus (this was during rush hour).  The evening rush was the same crap.  No BxM4 came and I had to schlepp over to Metro-North to get up to Westchester.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I rode a Bx4 Orion 5 gen today for the first time, and I'll say this much: It doesn't dosen't need artics, but artics would help it out with the crowds it gets at Southern Boulevard.

Hence why it has artics... Your statement is contradictory to say the least... 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Whenever it rain or snow, the buses do not come on time. Its like that everytime. I was in Manhattan today, at 62 st., waiting for the M20 to Lower Manhattan, I had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. I was not really in the rush to go anywhere. I mean I could of taken the M5 Limited since it was running great today or walk down toward 59 st Columbus Circle and take the (A) .

Sure they can and that's the problem. They are using traffic as if they are completely helpless from improving bus service which is total BS, as there have been several discussions about this topic in other threads. I also think they are still doing that underhanded practice of not replacing drivers that call out sick. Yesterday there were two buses that were MIA. My BxM2 NEVER came in the morning, and I waited over 30 minutes for the next bus (this was during rush hour). The evening rush was the same crap. No BxM4 came and I had to schlepp over to Metro-North to get up to Westchester.

I totally agree with you. Ok once in a while it may be traffic but come on when it happens all the time then what. When buses don't show up for 20+ minutes during rush hour every day all the time come on then there is a problem. That is when I think bus driver do whatever they want and purposely run late.

I totally agree with you. Ok once in a while it may be traffic but come on when it happens all the time then what. When buses don't show up for 20+ minutes during rush hour every day all the time come on then there is a problem. That is when I think bus driver do whatever they want and purposely run late.

I know for a fact that some guys stay back and come late because there have been times when there is no traffic and the guy is still late and always roughly about the same time, no matter what time I catch him.  Not a coincidence.

a D60HF was on the Q60, it flew right past me when i was heading the other way, it was taken off the Q10 to aid Queens Blvd riders to jamaica since the E/F was not running between Jamaica and forest hills

OMG did you get pics or videos of this exclusive?

Or was it too fast?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain